Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2019, 02:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
How many more times are you going to repeat your lies????

Some of us watched the trial. You didn't or you have selective hearing.
And some of you obviously are ill equipped to deal with facts.

The layout of the apartment is what it is. You do not get to adopt it to your views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 02:56 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I feel like you're just trolling at this point. You clearly have not watched a single second of the trial, and have used a bias against this man that you don't even know, as your reason for your opinion. What, he smoked marijuana? A lot of people smoke it. I, personally, don't like it and don't hold many people who smoke it in very high regard, however, you also missed everything he had done in his life which was far from your earlier accusations of him being a "low level drug dealer" and "part time pimp", of which he was neither.

Someone smoking a joint doesn't make them a "low level drug dealer", and where did you get the idea that he was a "part time pimp"? Or did you let the color of this man's skin tell you everything you needed to know?

Right now, the only thing you have accomplished is telling everyone else who reads your posts, everything they need to know about you.
Even a that, it would not matter if he was a drug dealing felon, full time pimp, high as a kite on cocaine and meth, he was in his home, she came in and killed him. She murdered him plain and simple, his status, history, etc, is not relevant to that.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:58 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,418,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Even a that, it would not matter if he was a drug dealing felon, full time pimp, high as a kite on cocaine and meth, he was in his home, she came in and killed him. She murdered him plain and simple, his status, history, etc, is not relevant to that.
100%. It's sad some people thinking shooting and killing another person in their home minding their own business should be allowed just because that person was black and they smoked weed.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:59 PM

28,680 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I know a few gun lovers and racists who are upset with the verdict. But other than that, most people are happy with the verdict.

Checking in my favorite gun forum...everyone there is satisfied with the verdict.

Old 10-01-2019, 02:59 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I feel like you're just trolling at this point. You clearly have not watched a single second of the trial, and have used a bias against this man that you don't even know, as your reason for your opinion. What, he smoked marijuana? A lot of people smoke it. I, personally, don't like it and don't hold many people who smoke it in very high regard, however, you also missed everything he had done in his life which was far from your earlier accusations of him being a "low level drug dealer" and "part time pimp", of which he was neither..
Please don't tell me someone here actually used the marijuana thing against him???

Anyway, Botham's family said he used marijuana to help with his ADHD. It has nothing to do with his murder. He didn't "deserve" to be murdered because he smoked a joint.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And some of you obviously are ill equipped to deal with facts.

The layout of the apartment is what it is. You do not get to adopt it to your views.
Stop telling lies, Mensch, it's getting old. You have no clue what you're talking about because you didn't keep up with the trial, and no matter how many times we've corrected you - you go silent and then start up again.

You're oddly obsessed with trying to make her look innocent only those who watched aren't buying it.

For the umpteenth time - nobody charged her - he was sitting when he was shot - and she had a clear enough view to shoot him in the heart.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:03 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Please don't tell me someone here actually used the marijuana thing against him???

Anyway, Botham's family said he used marijuana to help with his ADHD. It has nothing to do with his murder. He didn't "deserve" to be murdered because he smoked a joint.
The poster Threewolves is responding to did, and someone else said, 'well I heard he was on drugs.'

As though smoking a joint mattered.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what the jury was thinking, my only thoughts out of all the evidence is simply she accidentally went to the wrong apartment, killed the guy thinking he was an intruder. Everything else is not relevant in my opinion. Her personal life is not relevant, neither is his. He could have been a convicted felon, drug dealer and it would be all the same, he was killed in his own home minding his business, eating ice cream. She could have been an angel, a felon, whatever, still same thought, she went to his home and killed him.

I am sure her emotions are real, who would not be emotional experiencing all of this, her life as she knew it is gone now, and it potentially is going to get a lot worse, a whole lot worse, but that is the consequences for such an action.

What is relevant is the fact that she defied police protocol that required her to call for backup in that type of situation.

If she had called for backup as instructed, she would have realized she was at the wrong apartment. At least the responding backup would have realized it after playing, "We're here, where are you?"

By refusing to follow standard police protocol, she killed an innocent man. That is not an "accident."

Old 10-01-2019, 03:11 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
What is relevant is the fact that she defied police protocol that required her to call for backup in that type of situation.

If she had called for backup as instructed, she would have realized she was at the wrong apartment. At least the responding backup would have realized it after playing, "We're here, where are you?"

By refusing to follow standard police protocol, she killed an innocent man. That is not an "accident."
She was off duty, not in the role as a cop, in a role as a citizen. Either way, in my opinion, not relevant.

If it had been her apartment, and he was an intruder, it still would not have been relevant, and would never have been brought up.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
She was off duty, not in the role as a cop, in a role as a citizen.

Sworn police officers are never not in the role of a cop, particularly not while in uniform with gun drawn.

She demonstrated that she understood she was operating in the role of a cop by the fact that she believed "he didn't follow my orders" was justification for shooting him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies