Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2019, 02:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,431,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Who cares? And by the way, calm down. I know you're fantasizing about him being an entrepreneur in dealing drugs and other shady business, but you can stop drooling. If he was involved in any of that it would have come out by now.
I happen to be a RE Agent and quite familiar with BnB. It is basically a business that is capital intensive. You need a lot of dough and/or good credit to make a living at it. Hence the question. He could of course have inherited a couple of homes or such. It would also how ever be a way to sanitize less clean dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2019, 02:42 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,697,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, we all do. I am currently in Ireland visiting family, I went to the wrong door at the hotel I am staying out(was room off), however before I even put the card key in the door realized my mistake. Now that's a hotel room not my residence, and quickly realized I was at the wrong door.

Have lived in many apartments over the years in the LA area, never went to the wrong apartment, and that includes coming home drunk.

How you park on the wrong level of your building parking structure(first thing you would notice is since it's assigned parking, the cars next to me aren't the ones you normally see), than to notice the bright red doormat, enter the apartment and not notice these aren't my things.

And to a "police officer" who should be more tuned in to their surroundings to boot....PLEASE.

Are you trying to be funny? Nothing funny about this. How would you feel if this had been your brother or your child?

Has to blame the victim, and never commented on how they said way back when that this "officer" wouldn't be charged or go to trial. Some people just can admit they're wrong.
Indeed. And it's twisted how he's clinging to the hope that Joshua Brown was a criminal. How could a young black man possibly be successful in legitimate business undertakings?

Old 10-07-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I happen to be a RE Agent and quite familiar with BnB. It is basically a business that is capital intensive. You need a lot of dough and/or good credit to make a living at it. Hence the question. He could of course have inherited a couple of homes or such. It would also how ever be a way to sanitize less clean dollars.
You insist on making one racist comment after the next. Is there no end or are you that triggered by a successful black man?

Old 10-07-2019, 04:07 PM

23,651 posts, read 14,146,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
.......Are you trying to be funny? Nothing funny about this. How would you feel if this had been your brother or your child?

Gallows humor.....it's a way to break the tension of a situation.

Old 10-07-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Again, clear you didn't actually watch the trial. The young man stated that he ran AirBnBs when he went on to the witness stand. If I recall, correctly, he said he had 3 of them. I'm not going to go back and look that up, but you could use the link that I provided you to find the video of him on the stand. It's really easy to find: It's labeled, and the thumbnail shows his image.

This is not the first time that you've claimed something wrong when if you had watched the trial, you would have known the answer instead of implying that this guy was an "entrepreneurial" shady person.

This thread has revealed quite a lot about some people on here in the kabillion posts that are on here. It's interesting to me that simply because of skin color, people assume so much about the victim, witnesses, etc.

And now you're blaming the victim for not closing his door. It is absurd and disgusting to blame the victim. I'm so sick of it. "Someone stole your car? Well, you shouldn't have parked it where you did. If only you had parked it somewhere else...." "Someone walked into your house in the middle of the day while you were home? Well, you should have locked the door behind you, so...what do you expect?"

The only person responsible, the only person who holds 100% guilt for what happened, is Amber Guyger. It doesn't matter if it was a "sequence of actions", it was, and is, entirely her fault that it happened. If only she would have paid attention the multitude of times she had cues that she was on the wrong floor, and at the wrong door.

I mean, aside from someone coming up and smacking her upside the head to yell at her, "How many fricken clues must I lay out for you?", what can possibly have made her more aware? Did Botham need a venomous snake at his door to strike her when she opened it before she woke the hell up from her little bubble? Should he have hired a guard to stand at the door just in case some off duty cop isn't paying attention to ANYTHING at all and approaches his door, ready to fire because she 'heard movement inside'? Should he have put a bear trap down on the floor at the front door?

It's not his fault. At. All.

Agreed. I'd like to be that person, but I don't think I'll ever be that person. I don't have that kind of patience and understanding for that level of stupid.
Where do you get all this silliness? Of course it is not his fault.

Just tell us what would have happened if he had closed his door. I bet you can suggest likely outcomes if he had done that.

Jean was unlucky. But such a simple change in what he did would almost certainly have saved his life.

This is the gods of probability at their worst. A large number of things that would normally cause embarrassment at most got together to create a tragedy. Jean is free of guilt but was one of the players in that unfortunate event string.

Old 10-07-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
You insist on making one racist comment after the next. Is there no end or are you that triggered by a successful black man?
What has any of that got to do with being Black? I could not care less what color he is. I would be at least mildly suspicious of any young guy who gets shot outside a night club where another guy died. It is seldom random. And the guys involved in those kinds of shooting tend to be of the troubled class whether white or black.

And I have no problem with a young Black dude making out in BnBs. Just remember it takes sizable capital and/or very good credit.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:03 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,442,863 times
Quote:
Jean was unlucky. But such a simple change in what he did would almost certainly have saved his life.

This is the gods of probability at their worst. A large number of things that would normally cause embarrassment at most got together to create a tragedy. Jean is free of guilt but was one of the players in that unfortunate event string.
No, Jean did not play a "role" in his death. Not at all. He was in his own home minding his own business.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:05 PM

18,567 posts, read 7,429,979 times
Quote:
It didn't sound like you were keeping an open mind, but if you're saying you are, I hope you do.

He was due to testify in the civil suit the family has filed against the DPD, by the way. I don't think that would motivate anyone to kill him, I'm just throwing that out there.
His testimony is admissible in any civil or criminal trial, but that lawsuit is a loser.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
No, Jean did not play a "role" in his death. Not at all.
Of course he did..

What outcome would you project had he locked the door?

There is no reason he had to or could be found at fault for not doing so. But it was one of the facts that got him killed and the causality string is quite clear.

Old 10-07-2019, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Of course he did..

What outcome would you project had he locked the door?

There is no reason he had to or could be found at fault for not doing so. But it was one of the facts that got him killed and the causality string is quite clear.
You're not blaming him - but he played a role in his death.

Do you even hear yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies