Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 08:54 AM

18,472 posts, read 7,116,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Kudos. We Americans need more of you.

The GOP is full of complicit, spineless cowards. It’s good that people see them for what they’ve sadly become.

Sorry but after eight years of crying "racist" in response to any and all criticism of Obama, Democrats don't have a shred of credibility left.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:55 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,680,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Our income is increased for one. My husband is a CPA, so i'm not just making up some numbers. You, my friend are a product of brainwashing.
How can you judge someone based on one post? Seems rather closed minded if you ask me.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Funny, Ive always found libertarians to be among the most inconsistent people. Going thru life picking and choosing things to be outraged against based on what benefits them personally, screw everybody else. Look at your buddy Rand Paul, now Trumps butt buddy, advocating for lie detector tests for administration officials. See any hypocrisy there at all?

Nope.

And BTW Rand Paul isn't officially a Libertarian.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
What was Obama supposed to do after the 2008 crash (during a time of GOP control)? Cut spending and let millions of people left jobless by the crash suffer without any assistance and let the economy tank?

2008 wasn't a "crash".

The economy would have recovered from the recession, as it always does.......without doubling 230+ years worth of debt.

Instead, Obama used the opportunity to pick political winners and losers such as Solyndra, force banks to continue to make loans to people who couldn't afford them and bail out failing companies that deserved to fail.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:03 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,560,701 times
Let's be honest here: Trying to reason with some Trump supporters is like telling an alcoholic they need to quit drinking.

First off, there is a reason they are a Trump supporter in the first place, and being reasonable is not a defining personality trait of theirs. Quite the opposite. Many of these folks you can't reach, no matter how much you try. Facts are meaningless, they are persuaded only by emotional diatribes, and have been for years. They are not changing their minds, and any evidence that contradicts their beliefs will quickly be classed as "Fake News", Trump's favorite catch line.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:03 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,604,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The main thing I like about Trump is that Democrats hate him.

Why Democrats hate him so much? Mostly because he ran as a Republican, and politics is a team sport. But they also hate him because he doesn't even try to act upper class. Democrats expect their president to act smart and educated, like Obama. It doesn't really matter what the president does, just how they act and what they pretend to be.

Trump is obviously not against gays and is obviously not a racist. He had some bigoted supporters, but that says nothing about what he thinks.

Russia is not our enemy, the cold war is long over, the Soviet Union is long dead. If Russian hackers tried to influence the election, I doubt an old guy like Trump knew anything about it.

And if you got rid of all the male politicians who ever had sex with a prostitute, congress would be all female. Democrats only hate womanizing when it's done by a Republican.

The moral is -- all the crazed polarization is entirely based on superficial style and emotion, and tribalism. Rationality and facts have nothing to do with it.
I don't expect my President to ACT smart and educated, I expect him or her to BE smart and educated. Educated need not mean a degree of any kind - there have been people throughout history who were self-taught. My grandfather had a third-grade education. He worked in a coal mind for a while. He was also a gifted artist who loved to read. Almost every gift I ever received from him and my grandmother was a book. The thing is, he had the intellectual curiosity that led him to want to learn.

Also, it's pretty sad that you think every man in politics has slept with a prostitute. Why should they be different from men in any other profession, many of whom love and respect their wives and keep their vows. What a sad and sorry opinion you have of half the population.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:04 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,923,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
2008 wasn't a "crash".

The economy would have recovered from the recession, as it always does.......without doubling 230+ years worth of debt.
I guess you nor your neighbors lost their homes and jobs then. It was no ordinary recession and you know it.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
I guess you nor your neighbors lost their homes and jobs then. It was no ordinary recession and you know it.

I saw a lot of folks who bought homes that they couldn't afford in the first place with subprime or variable rate mortgages losing them or getting bailed out....

But I did very well during the recession and so did most of my neighbors in North Carolina.

I made the leap from worker bee to management, got a nice raise and put extra principle on my mortgage.

I saw very little evidence that the sky was, in fact, falling.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:22 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,130,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
While I have some Libertarian leanings, I don't consider myself to officially be a Libertarian.

That being said, the poster I was responding to is most definitely not a Libertarian.
(L)ibertarian and (l)ibertarian are not the same thing.

Old 09-08-2018, 09:24 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,130,122 times
Quote:
I rest my case.
What case? You didn't even present an argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies