Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 11:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
InfoWars lite. Almost pure fantasy, though BB does slip up and publish a legitimate story occasionally. That may be just to give their followers something to point to as true in order to soften up the targets of their propaganda efforts. Example #6 is News Comedy Gold. If Soros had ever uttered anything vaguely similar to that headline, it would have been around the world in two-inch type overnight. I've got fifty bucks that says if that story appears in any other publication anywhere, they are parasitic sites whose content targets BB's audience and feeds anyone who would believe such drivel using BB as their (usually anonymous) source. That story originated in the mind of an editor who needed a red meat piece for feeding time at the zoo.

There is a very real reason MSM doesn't carry the same stories as the tabloids. It has nothing to do with creativity and everything to do with verifiable, publicly searchable facts. If it is a legitimate news story, you will find a lot of different outlets carrying it, and you will be able to check it out easily. The best way to do it is to find the source documents for a story - clips from wire services, eyewitness accounts, transcriptions of speeches or testimony - something that is difficult to refute unless you are talking from a first person perspective. My journalism professors stressed the importance of as many corroborating sources as possibly for a fact piece. Opinion and commentary are entirely different realms of endeavor.

It is telling that people who quote BB and IW to support their opinions usually will not tell you what sites they use as fact checkers. If you don't check your facts, you are the kind of people P.T. Barnum was fond of - suckers.

I'd rather be infamous than not famous at all.
The free rent is awesome!

Old 09-09-2018, 11:19 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
Quote:
If it was possible for Eisenhower and Trump to switch time slots in history, both of them would be lynched. It is an incredibly sad thing watching the demise of what used to be a highly respected party at the hands of a clown.
Interesting thought experiment, cue. I think Eisenhower would be popular with Democrats and detested by the Republicans if he were alive today. He was a bit left of Bill Clinton. Oddly enough, I think Trump would be more popular if we sent him back to 1950 too. His attacks on the liberal world order would make more sense since it would have only been ten years old and not nearly 80. His racism wouldn’t even be noticed. He’d be thought a clown by the elite though. That was a much more literate time than now so even the bumpkins would notice what an idiot he is, I think. The Republicans would have absolutely nothing to do with him, but he might get some play in Dixiecrat circles.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:32 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Breitbart the website died when Andrew himself died.

That is an indisputable fact.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:35 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
If you have a problem with Breitbart, don't read it or are you such big babies that you have to be mommied by the tech companies. Do you choose which TV channels to watch or do you want some government agency to play mommy for you there, too?

Now go to your room and take a time out.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:40 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'd rather be infamous than not famous at all.
The free rent is awesome!
Don't flatter yourself. I was talking about Breitbart.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:44 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,740 times
All of them

Old 09-09-2018, 11:44 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It looks like she lost to a crook, liar, con-man, sexual predator and un-indicted co-conspirator to election campaign fraud."

Please try to stay on topic. We are NOT talking about her HUSBAND BIL!
If you condemn Clinton for his lies, cons, and sexual proclivities, you must surely feel the same way about Trump, no...?

BTW - Clinton was never an unindicted co-conspirator. That term was used for Nixon, and now Trump.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:50 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Snopes printed them as headlines, so I'm assuming that's the format of the originals.

BTW, Hillary WAS the best choice, and she did win the popular vote.
There is so such thing as the popular vote in a electoral college system. Just like there is no number 2 in a binary system.

Anybody saying otherwise is either willfully blind or deliberately dishonest.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:52 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
If you condemn Clinton for his lies, cons, and sexual proclivities, you must surely feel the same way about Trump, no...?

BTW - Clinton was never an unindicted co-conspirator. That term was used for Nixon, and now Trump.
One is consensual sex (Trump); the other is sexual assault (Bill).

What kind of person would deliberately mix these?

Old 09-09-2018, 11:56 AM

25,584 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
What is your favorite egregious lie told by Breitbart?
What's with these liberals who do nothing but sit around listening to Breitbart?
I'm a conservative Trump supporter and I have never listened to any of these shows that liberals are so fascinated with.
Truth? Lie? ...... Snopes?
Who cares? I get a news feed from several sources and I think I can separate out the BS from the facts all by myself. Liberals can't tell the difference; that's why they think their nitwit headlines are effective.

MAGA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies