Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 10:18 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times

Advertisements

I came across these when I was checking out Snopes, the oldest reputable fact checking source on the Internet. Snopes has debunked all of the following lies (and many more) told by Breitbart:

1) Planned Parenthood ‘Teamed Up’ With Satanists to Promote Abortion Rights in Missouri!

2) Four Times More People Stabbed to Death Than Killed with Rifles!

3) Illegal Immigrants Arrested for Starting California Wildfires!

4) Scientists Caught Tampering with Raw Data to Exaggerate Sea Level Rise!

5) NFL Stops Donations to Breast Cancer and Military Charities in Order to Fund Black Lives Matter!

6) George Soros Says His Life’s Mission Is to Destroy the United States!

7) Gaza Preschoolers Perform a Mock Execution of an Israeli Soldier!

8) Ohio’s 12th Congressional District Has 170 Fraudulent ‘Voters’ Over 116 Years Old!

Number 8 is my fav lie so far, but Breitbart has told many, many more. Do you have a favorite Breitbart lie (it needn't be from the very short list above)?

Old 09-08-2018, 11:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
First Infowars, next Breitbart.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:16 PM

OK, just one more and then I'll quit. This one was falsely attributed to Steve Bannon, but Breitbart did indeed print it:

9) Injectable birth control makes women fat and prevents them from getting "man meat" injections!

So, ladies if you want to hold on to your man, stay home and be barefoot and pregnant at all times. Take it from Breitbart!

Old 09-08-2018, 11:18 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Were these headlines or taken out of context and twisted ?

Still doesn’t seem to top the list of lies told by CNN and MSNBC . They told us Hillary Clinton was the best choice for President and she was going to win .

Old 09-08-2018, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Were these headlines or taken out of context and twisted ?

Still doesn’t seem to top the list of lies told by CNN and MSNBC . They told us Hillary Clinton was the best choice for President and she was going to win .
Snopes printed them as headlines, so I'm assuming that's the format of the originals.

BTW, Hillary WAS the best choice, and she did win the popular vote.

Old 09-09-2018, 04:01 AM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I came across these when I was checking out Snopes, the oldest reputable fact checking source on the Internet. Snopes has debunked all of the following lies (and many more) told by Breitbart:

1) Planned Parenthood ‘Teamed Up’ With Satanists to Promote Abortion Rights in Missouri!

5) NFL Stops Donations to Breast Cancer and Military Charities in Order to Fund Black Lives Matter!

8) Ohio’s 12th Congressional District Has 170 Fraudulent ‘Voters’ Over 116 Years Old!

Number 8 is my fav lie so far, but Breitbart has told many, many more. Do you have a favorite Breitbart lie (it needn't be from the very short list above)?
InfoWars lite. Almost pure fantasy, though BB does slip up and publish a legitimate story occasionally. That may be just to give their followers something to point to as true in order to soften up the targets of their propaganda efforts. Example #6 is News Comedy Gold. If Soros had ever uttered anything vaguely similar to that headline, it would have been around the world in two-inch type overnight. I've got fifty bucks that says if that story appears in any other publication anywhere, they are parasitic sites whose content targets BB's audience and feeds anyone who would believe such drivel using BB as their (usually anonymous) source. That story originated in the mind of an editor who needed a red meat piece for feeding time at the zoo.

There is a very real reason MSM doesn't carry the same stories as the tabloids. It has nothing to do with creativity and everything to do with verifiable, publicly searchable facts. If it is a legitimate news story, you will find a lot of different outlets carrying it, and you will be able to check it out easily. The best way to do it is to find the source documents for a story - clips from wire services, eyewitness accounts, transcriptions of speeches or testimony - something that is difficult to refute unless you are talking from a first person perspective. My journalism professors stressed the importance of as many corroborating sources as possibly for a fact piece. Opinion and commentary are entirely different realms of endeavor.

It is telling that people who quote BB and IW to support their opinions usually will not tell you what sites they use as fact checkers. If you don't check your facts, you are the kind of people P.T. Barnum was fond of - suckers.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:07 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:

What is your favorite egregious lie told by the Lame Steam Media?

Let's see, 1 right leaning site against dozens of LEFT leaning sites.

Oh, the horror, you can'y take a little competition!

Old 09-09-2018, 06:11 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Snopes printed them as headlines, so I'm assuming that's the format of the originals.

BTW, Hillary WAS the best choice, and she did win the popular vote.
" she did win the popular vote." Well whoop-di-do!

And WHEN is her INAUGURATION?

When she has to PLAY BY THE RULES she LOSES!

Old 09-09-2018, 06:19 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
OP, people believe what they want to believe, and that’s why stupidity is like a wild fire with acres of kindling underneath it. Impossible to put out. The NYT and CNN are “fake news” and Breitbart, Infowars, and Donald Trump are credible sources. Oh vey - what times we live in.

Old 09-09-2018, 06:21 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" she did win the popular vote." Well whoop-di-do!

And WHEN is her INAUGURATION?

When she has to PLAY BY THE RULES she LOSES!
It looks like she lost to a crook, liar, con-man, sexual predator and un-indicted co-conspirator to election campaign fraud.

A lot of people (a minority) picked the wrong person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies