Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 11:30 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
If the stock market hit 50,000, Trump would still be a ****ty President.
Yes! For the same reasons Trump is a crappy POTUS regardless the stock market, because Trump's report card is not the stock market!

Never will be!

Old 09-24-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Ironic how you talk about hate and yet you have one the most hateful posts I’ve ever read in this forum. If Obama was so loved, Hillary should have easily won the election. You realize a good chunk of those Trump voters voted previously for Obama right?
Good chunk? What? A whopping 9% of Obama supporters voted for Trump? That's not the sort of "good chunk" that describes other than the usual swing we'll see SOME voters take for reasons often hard to consider seriously...

Old 09-24-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
I can vouch for that. I'm a registered Democrat. Voted for Clinton, voted for Gore, voted for Obama, voted for Trump. I know many that did the same thing.
We need to talk...

I don't know a one, but I do know many people who voted for Trump simply because they didn't want to vote for "the establishment." I guess that's a vote for Trump, but to me it's much like the vote many people cast for a third party, or for Mickey Mouse. The "protest vote" or no vote. The vote that much like those who voted for Nader helped get Bush elected instead of Gore, tends to backfire!

Old 09-24-2018, 11:43 AM

27,570 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yes! For the same reasons Trump is a crappy POTUS regardless the stock market, because Trump's report card is not the stock market!

Never will be!
I regret that Obama ever was President. I am glad that he no longer is. And I hope that America never has a President like Obama again.

He was extremely divisive and anti-American.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I miss being able to watch award shows and late-night talk shows just for entertainment, good music,and genuine humor, instead of having to have the latest politically correct viewpoints of B-list celebrities shoved down my throat."

You must be as old as I am!
Exactly what my friends also explained to my wife and I over the weekend...

Both of us big football fans, he stopped watching after the whole knee thing. (Somehow saw the last amazing Green Bay V Chicago game however).

I am a big sports fan. My wife and I are also big movie goers. We love to watch the Academy Awards. I was lucky to enjoy the AFI tribute to George Clooney in person too...

I was never bothered before, nor am I bothered now by much that goes on during the pre-game show. Rarely even watch what goes on before kick-off which is when I consider the entertainment of the game officially begun. I am still enjoying the games in the exact same way. Also the award shows! I would much rather hear some interesting commentary instead of "I would like to thank the producer, and all my fans" over and over again. Same with music. Big music fans, but I don't care if the guy on stage wants to say something political some time during the concert.

No. The reason conservatives don't have ANY tolerance for this now or maybe never is this, best I can tell. They don't like to hear what they don't want to hear! It isn't they can't tolerate someone shoving another point of view down their throat. They don't like that anyone express a point of view different from their own!

I think many conservatives commenting in this thread tend to prove this out as well...

Old 09-24-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
By that logic Bush 2 is responsible for getting Bin Laden
No. I don't think so, but I've got to sign off now, and I'm not sure how to untangle this conclusion of yours...

There is what we can credit a POTUS for most directly, and what we really should not. There are facts, reason and logic that can help us do this better than Trump fans seem able lately, better than most Americans are able in general. Your comment demonstrates a lack of what I'm talking about, big time. Maybe if necessary, I can better explain when I have time again tomorrow, but hopefully that won't be necessary. Really shouldn't be...

Old 09-24-2018, 11:58 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,373,289 times
I can not say I agree with you. I was tired of allowing our Rust Belt continue to rust. I was tired of our immigration laws not being enforced. I was tired of having the highest rate of Food Stamp usage being considered something to brag about.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:59 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I regret that Obama ever was President. I am glad that he no longer is. And I hope that America never has a President like Obama again.

I hear and see these kind of statements from right wingers all the time..but what did Obama actually DO that was so divisive, other than existing and being a black man in the white house? From the rhetoric you would think he was some rabid Maoist, seizing industries by force and forcing people into reeducation camps or something. Talk radio hosts call him "diabolical" and "treasonous". It's this kind of extreme rhetoric that has everything knocked off kilter because it's so far from reality but partisans and their dupes just throw it out there at anyone who even mildly opposes them.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

Do you just repeat prior comments, pretty much verbatim word-for-word, with no additional commentary whatsoever, because you don't read any prior comments? Or because you think repetition works better? Or you've really got nothing else to offer?

Regardless, the perspective you describe is that of most typical Trump supporters I think, and as such, there simply is no reconciling the perspective that sees Obama quite differently vs Trump. Amazing to what extent some can see white where others see black, but no doubt "perspective is everything!"

Regardless the facts, reason and logic that at least SOME people try to offer up to justify their perspective. Hopefully there are more of those sorts of comments still to come in this thread, something new to think about, if this thread should continue at all...

Until tomorrow, here's to a better tomorrow! Cheers!

Old 09-24-2018, 12:01 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If Obama was divisive, do you think Gandhi was too? MLK? Mandela...

The people who seem to think Obama was divisive always seem to be the same people who couldn't tolerate even the sight of him before he became POTUS. Think about WHY that is, and we begin to better understand one another. We begin to better understand ourselves...

Right. Who am I kidding? People don't change their mind about anything in this forum. Or maybe I'm wrong. Let's see.

Who was dead against Obama when he was campaigning to become POTUS and became a supporter thereafter? Or vice versa? Anyone?

Why?

Hear the sound of crickets...

Why?
You are not seriously putting Obama in the same category as Gandhi, MLK and Mandela, are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies