Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:25 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You and the rest cant answer that one simple question can you? I’ll answer it one last time. He didnt mention flo or any other hurricane. A picture of a clown doesnt make it so.
A picture is worth a thousand words. That picture was either deleted from the Breitbart article after he tweeted (since Twitter can pull pics from links), or he specifically added it in there. It didn't appear out of nowhere.

He chose a very specific photo that if you dont know the story, it might appear as an instance of CNN faking things. It's also posted during a current hurricane he is reporting on and since no context was given as to the actual time it was taken or what the story of the picture was, it is not illogical in the slightest for a person to think it would be a picture of Florence.

If he wasn't trying to create that implication, why did he choose this specific picture? Even at the face of it being that other hurricane, it wasn't faked like he implied, so he is still being dishonest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 06:26 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
Quote:
where in that tweet did he mention a hurricane? The facts are not on your side here. Do you wanna continue?
I don't get why you're trying so hard to defend what Junior did. He showed a picture of Copper in a ditch while Hurricane Florence was still slamming North Carolina and wrote
Quote:
It’s a shame that CNN’s ratings are down 41%. What’s worse is there’s a simple solution that they refuse to accept. Stop Lying to try to make @realDonaldTrump look bad.
So, yes, you are technically correct that he did not specifically mention a hurricane... other than showing Cooper in what he wrongly believed -- or maybe he didn't believe it -- was a picture of Copper during Flo coverage.

Maybe you're not on social media and don't know the backstory of the original tweet. If not, someone posted it a few pages ago in this thread. Gavin J. Smith initially posted one of the Cooper images on Saturday. I saw it on my news feed while sitting here waiting for Florence to start affecting my area (which never really happened, thankfully). It came at about the same time that guy on the Weather Channel was being called out for making the winds seem stronger than they were.

Smith, posting from South Carolina, apparently, shared the image and wrote --
Quote:
Absolutely disgraceful! Apparently #HurricaneFlorence wasn’t devastating enough for @CNN’s @andersoncooper — so he had to exaggerate for his live shot. #FakeNews at its finest!

3:35 PM - Sep 15, 2018 · Red Bank, SC
Trump then took that thought the next day and made about his daddy. He clearly thought the footage was from Florence -- again, my assumption, maybe he knew it was not. That's what the Trumps do. They make everything about them.

By the way, Florence was pretty bad. 32 people have died and many more are flooded out of their homes. Even today one county over from me, they are still seeing rising flood waters in Chesterfield, South Carolina. If Junior and other Trump supporters can't see how turning tis into a political football is stupid, then I feel sorry for them.

SOURCE

Old 09-18-2018, 06:33 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't get why you're trying so hard to defend what Junior did. He showed a picture of Copper in a ditch while Hurricane Florence was still slamming North Carolina and wrote

So, yes, you are technically correct that he did not specifically mention a hurricane... other than showing Cooper in what he wrongly believed -- or maybe he didn't believe it -- was a picture of Copper during Flo coverage.

Maybe you're not on social media and don't know the backstory of the original tweet. If not, someone posted it a few pages ago in this thread. Gavin J. Smith initially posted one of the Cooper images on Saturday. I saw it on my news feed while sitting here waiting for Florence to start affecting my area (which never really happened, thankfully). It came at about the same time that guy on the Weather Channel was being called out for making the winds seem stronger than they were.

Trump then took that thought the next day and made about his daddy. He clearly thought the footage was from Florence -- again, my assumption, maybe he knew it was not. That's what the Trumps do. They make everything about them.

By the way, Florence was pretty bad. 32 people have died and many more are flooded out of their homes. Even today one county over from me, they are still seeing rising flood waters in Chesterfield, South Carolina. If Junior and other Trump supporters can't see how turning tis into a political football is stupid, then I feel sorry for them.

SOURCE
Oh ugh, I missed that other tweet. Yeah, I heard on the radio that there are still new areas being put under mandatory evacuation as the flooding continues.

Last edited by latimeria; 09-18-2018 at 06:43 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 06:47 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

SOURCE
Trump transferred empathy genes with a negative sign attached to them to his children. All Jr needs is a court jester hat stapled to his head to be recognizable to the thinking portion of society. A blowmouth fool, just like pops.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:57 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,728,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Sooo Cooper admits that it was fake news from 10 years ago?

I'm so glad he cleared that up.

Umm... no? Did you actually watch the video?

Old 09-18-2018, 07:04 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Tds

Old 09-18-2018, 07:29 PM

8,489 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Better standing in waist deep water than blowing the brains out of some defenseless endangered animal.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:36 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
A non story? Wow. The defending of state run cnn is astounding
Simple question: did you watch the original segment?

Old 09-18-2018, 07:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
You and the rest cant answer that one simple question can you? I’ll answer it one last time. He didnt mention flo or any other hurricane. A picture of a clown doesnt make it so.
So - how does that picture make Trump look bad? He isn’t in it.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:45 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
So - how does that picture make Trump look bad? He isn’t in it.
The thing is even if the picture was taken during Florence and Cooper was trying to make the water look deeper than it was (and with the Cape Fear river expected to crest THIRTY feet above flood stage, it would be hard to overstate the amount of flooding), how in Sam Hill would that make Trump look bad? If the administration gets any flack it will be over the response, not how much rain fell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies