Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 05:32 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's about the NFL destroying it's brand with mainstream America. TV ratings are falling through the floor [b]and stadiums are 1/2 empty.
Yeah, I'm going to need to see a source on that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 06:04 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Quote:
Delusions? That would be thinking that NASCAR has anything to do with what I said.

This is about the NFL and the fact that its destroying its brand.
For the obtuse on the forum...An argument has been made by the righties that the NFL is destroying its brand due to it's endorsement of first amendment rights of it's players. It was pointed out that NASCAR, which endorses all the righties wet dreams, is also losing fans at a alarming rate. So, what are we to make of this? Politics are not involved in any of this, and fans are simply fed up with the status quo of their favorite sport.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:12 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Delusions? That would be thinking that NASCAR has anything to do with what I said.

This is about the NFL and the fact that its destroying its brand.
And again, why do you care?

Old 09-18-2018, 06:44 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,039,197 times
Quote:
End Game? It's not Waldokitty as you seem to suggest.

It's about the NFL destroying it's brand with mainstream America. TV ratings are falling through the floor and stadiums are 1/2 empty.

It's quite stunning to watch a corporation ruin itself like this.
So, the idea is to boycot the NFL because we are concerned about the NFL (a corporation) ruining itself?
And who is this mainstream US you talk about? Did you really just mean those who oppose the.protests?

Old 09-18-2018, 06:48 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Facebook Group Calls for NFL Boycott on Veterans Day Weekend | Fox News Insider

Until The league and advertisers feel the pain, they will continue to let this practice slide and not televise the Anthem.

I support this 100%

Great idea

Old 09-18-2018, 07:25 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:

Until The league and advertisers feel the pain, they will continue to let this practice slide and not televise the Anthem.

I support this 100%
I'm a conservative and I sure don't. I for one am fed up with politics getting mixed into sports and every other part of life. The games are an escape and I sure won't be participating in this boycott. I'll be setting fantasy lineups and enjoying the NFL weekend.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:

I support this 100%
Who cares? Don't wanna watch, don't watch. I'll be watching.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:24 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
For the obtuse on the forum...An argument has been made by the righties that the NFL is destroying its brand due to it's endorsement of first amendment rights of it's players. It was pointed out that NASCAR, which endorses all the righties wet dreams, is also losing fans at a alarming rate. So, what are we to make of this? Politics are not involved in any of this, and fans are simply fed up with the status quo of their favorite sport.
It's because of the NASCAR "youth movement", they thought that fans enjoyed watching race cars go around in circles all day, what fans liked were all the colorful personalities at the wheel. The old days had some real characters back when NASCAR was popular. Then they got rid of them all to please the advertisers and the sport is no longer watchable.

There's nothing wrong with the NFL, other than there is a dearth of competitive contests, which has hurt their ratings a bit.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:21 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If they truly believe America is being disrespected like this, why are they ONLY willing to take part in a boycott? That seems like a pretty 'safe' form of patriotism!!
I respect their right to protest.

But the National Anthem is not the place

Go help finance outreach programs. Go talk in schools.

There has to be thousands of opportunities for them to show their help and support other than kneeling for the Anthem

Old 09-18-2018, 10:24 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why does politics have to be thrust into much of entertainment, and many other things today? Why must we have to turn all most everything off? Much of TV, movies, sports, "news", etc seem to all push a Progressive agenda today. The upside is, I am reading more books in the evening now, and doing other things that are much more productive.
Sorry I cant rep you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies