Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 12:55 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times

Advertisements

It all is another good reason to stay single.
women are creating their own buffer zone .
if you don't associate with them, there is little to accuse you of .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 01:33 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It all is another good reason to stay single.
women are creating their own buffer zone .
if you don't associate with them, there is little to accuse you of .
Or, y'know, don't rape them.

It's funny how most of my friends are guys, many in prestigious and/or public facing positions, and not one of them have been accused of rape. And yes, plenty of them have active dating lives.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:45 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
My personal experience is irrelevant. I don't base the entire world on my personal experience and assume that my experience is exactly like everyone else's.

Do you? Do you think every rape is EXACTLY like yours?
Your basically saying that rape victims aren't often treated as though its somehow their fault. So in your experience were you asked what you were wearing or why you were at the particular place or what you should have done to prevent the attack?

And you say that rape kits are not processed only because no charges were brought. In your experience, after you reported the crime did you have a rape kit, did you know your attacker, did you prosecute? Was it no big deal or did you have a difficult time with the invasive forensic exam and questioning? Was your attacker convicted? How many years did he serve?

Since you seem to have such an opinion regarding the procedure after reporting a rape I think your personal experience is relevant to help us understand why you feel so strongly that the entire process is no big deal and worth the emotional battery and and physical probing.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:51 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
I'd also be curious to know what newtovenice was wearing when she was raped, since she seems to find it relevant.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:57 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your basically saying that rape victims aren't often treated as though its somehow their fault. So in your experience were you asked what you were wearing or why you were at the particular place or what you should have done to prevent the attack?

And you say that rape kits are not processed only because no charges were brought. In your experience, after you reported the crime did you have a rape kit, did you know your attacker, did you prosecute? Was it no big deal or did you have a difficult time with the invasive forensic exam and questioning? Was your attacker convicted? How many years did he serve?

Since you seem to have such an opinion regarding the procedure after reporting a rape I think your personal experience is relevant to help us understand why you feel so strongly that the entire process is no big deal and worth the emotional battery and and physical probing.
Then don't report it. Problem solved.

You stole my wallet, yes you did. I'm telling the police. You stole it. I'm sure they will have no questions for me, just take my word for it. They don't need evidence, victim statements, witness statements, any relationship status, whether we knew each other, when and where it occurred.

Let's eliminate due process. You did it. I said so.

Old 09-27-2018, 01:59 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
women I know who are otherwise sensible are on the feminist page
they might not admit it directly, but where sexual assault is concerned, ef due process

its very scary...especially for those who have sons
or EVER had sex with someone after a night of drinking

at any time some floozy could pop up and accuse a man of raping her 30 years ago...how the hell do you prove her wrong, she doesn't have to prove anything apparently...

Old 09-27-2018, 02:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This is what feminism looks like.

https://twitter.com/level_cloud/stat...96793611186177

That should work out well!
LOL!! Bentbow is FLAILING AND FREAKING OUT!!

I mean seriously, never mind Bentbow calling Trump a facist and now supporting him wholeheartedly, this one may take the cake. She finds some random, anonymous Twitter account that's been active for less than two weeks and then is all like "HEY GUYS LOOK! I FOUND THIS RANDOM PERSON WHO DEFINITELY SPEAKS TO WHAT TRUE FEMINISM IS!!"

It's cute. It's sad. It's Bentbow.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
How can you write those two statements right next to each other?

You LITTERALLY did what you just claimed nobody does. Was that sarcasm? For your sake, and for humanity's gene pool, if you are procreating, I certainly hope so.
How did you come to such a non sequitur? I'm saying society does the opposite of stigmatizing women as victims of sex offenses.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Then don't report it. Problem solved.

You stole my wallet, yes you did. I'm telling the police. You stole it. I'm sure they will have no questions for me, just take my word for it. They don't need evidence, victim statements, witness statements, any relationship status, whether we knew each other, when and where it occurred.

Let's eliminate due process. You did it. I said so.
Yep some leftist and feminist women are suggesting when it comes to a female making an allegation of a sex offense, the accused is guilty because he or she is accused.

That's the same standards used in the Salem witch trials.

Old 09-27-2018, 05:18 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Or, y'know, don't rape them.

It's funny how most of my friends are guys, many in prestigious and/or public facing positions, and not one of them have been accused of rape. And yes, plenty of them have active dating lives.
I'll bet none of them are high profile Conservatives either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies