Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
FOX NEWS has the story on their web site. Is that good enough for you. I'm always amazed how people in these very high profile cases think they can lie about all kinds of things, like Ms. Ford did, and think no one will investigate or contradict their story.
Link to story?

Old 10-03-2018, 02:28 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Oh wow, when did this come out? Do you have a link to substantiate this? BIG NEWS!!!
Occam's razor? some people strip away everything that has been proven false, or unlikely, and arrive at a conclusion.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The ABA did no such thing. That was a false story, started by Robert Carlson, who is affiliated with the ABA, but does not have the authority to make any such statements on behalf of the ABA.

American Bar Association story on Brett Kavanaugh was FAKE NEWS
Got any other sources? Again, that link seems cheesy.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:30 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Yes. Trump has a way of circumventing most if not all obstacles to what he wants.
Usually by creating alternative facts ,then, in this case, mocking his own alternative facts.

Anyway...
Ford said the attack was upstairs in a bedroom next to the bathroom. Directional left and right respectively.

Ford said it was in a house .. in a particular part of town after a day at the Country Club pool where she was practicing diving because she still had on her one piece bathing suit.

Ford said when it occurred .. and could give the nearly precise date, as it is associated with when Mark Judge was working at a safeway in town that summer ... she could pinpoint if that is what they wanted but of course they would have to question Mark Judge.

Kavenaugh s calendar put him at the scene...
..the calendar that became the focus of the questioning whereby Lindsey Graham began his rehearsed and contingently timed..unhinged fire and fury.

This behavior by Trump and His Republicans was predicted. They would move the goalposts because the other day they said the Democrats would....when?? When would democrats move the goalpost ?
They didn t get a chance because Trump Republicans beat them to it by halving the alloted one week Investigation. Why ? What have they learned that will prevent an up vote for Kav?
I thought I'd read that, yes, and I was surprised that Mitchell left it out of the summary where she addressed changing dates. My impression was that Ford could finally pinpoint the year once she (somehow in this process, she spoke of continuing attempts to nail down requested details) figured out the exact summer that Judge was working at the Safeway.

Not accusing Mitchell of bias here ... maybe there's some reason Mitchell felt it reasonable to leave that unestablished. But based upon my totally incomplete understanding of this record, it was that detail that resulted in a "Huh?" when reading Mitchell's findings.

Nothing about this process is definitive. As long as Judge continues to deny, that's the point to move on with, of course, no final truth established. That a cloud continues to hang over Kavanaugh's head is wrong but I know of no way to "right" it. The issue of possible inherent bias he demonstrated at the hearing is separate, with the "excuse" that it came forward because of understandable emotionality not acceptable. Being angry does not excuse what is said (IF he crossed a line) when angry.

Best to let this mess not contaminate other social standards and institutions - women should (under reasonable circumstances, that do not include a non-violent sexual incident by a now mature non-repeater almost 40 years later connected to a matter of this import) continued to be believed ... men really do not need to start fearing the presence of women in the workplace etc. ... SCOTUS determinations should be viewed as non-partisan within established Constitutional law albeit by judges nominated after a partisan election who have known legal viewpoints.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:31 PM

718 posts, read 599,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I love how the letter from the ex talks about how he finds her truthful, and has no animus against her...But then goes on about how she cheated on him, and spent $600 on a mutual credit card, and then lied to him.

So...under penalty of felony perjury this guy says she is truthful, and then goes on about how she lied to him. Says he has no animus towards her....but then talks about her cheating on him.

Even more telling No one is saying who this guys name is. Why? Why does he get to be anonymous in this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/03/u...kavanaugh.html

Article states his name.

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
He will be confirmed this week. Accusations against women mean nothing to the people voting. Thats their club.
A person's innocence means nothing to the minority.

"Hey, we slandered you with 'slacious and unverified' rumors and innuendo, and without evidence, which makes you guilty, so withdraw from your nomination. Boooo..... booooo."

That sums up the lib'tards nicely.

15,532 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Oh wow, when did this come out? Do you have a link to substantiate this? BIG NEWS!!!
"Plot" may have not been the best choice of words for me to use. However, I spend 9 hours listening to these guys the other day. Now, I've read all the committee's letters, witness statements and so on. I've come to my own conclusion, you are welcome to yours.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:32 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
I'm taking bets on Maxipad Waters accusing Kavanaugh of having been a Russian exchange student.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:33 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The ABA did no such thing. That was a false story, started by Robert Carlson, who is affiliated with the ABA, but does not have the authority to make any such statements on behalf of the ABA.

American Bar Association story on Brett Kavanaugh was FAKE NEWS
Not true. Carlson certainly speaks for the ABA. It may be correct that he does not speak for the committee that qualifies jurists but that does not effect his speaking for the ABA. So the committee considers Kavanaugh qualified and the ABA believes we should wait for the report.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:35 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Mark Judge was told to write a story as therapy. Ford lifted the bit about him working at Safeway and used it herself.

Speaking of therapy, where are her therapist's notes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies