Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:28 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

If I am part Martian, do I get special alien status?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 07:36 PM

7,530 posts, read 11,365,273 times
Have biracial people been able to qualify for minority status if they are part white?

Old 09-30-2018, 07:38 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yeah, because discrimination is race-based.
Do Sasha and Malia Obama have a leg up with more advantages than the typical white kid? They have two parents who are in the top 1% for wealth, top 1% for political/business/social connections, top 1% for education, etc... I don't know what kind of students they are, but the honest truth is that all they have to do is graduate from high school to get accepted into an elite school due to who their parents are (Do you think George W Bush got into Yale on his own?). Do they really need a free hand out for being disadvantaged due to their race?

While we are at it, studies show that fat people, short people, ugly people, red haired people, people with redneck sounding names, etc...all face disadvantages in the work place too. Should we expand the freebees for more hapless victims?

Old 09-30-2018, 07:40 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
My ancestors were Irish, the English said we were "non-white".

Old 09-30-2018, 07:40 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Have biracial people been able to qualify for minority status if they are part white?
All the time, but usually they are "half" not white. When it gets down to 4% and not even knowing that you are something until you took a DNA test then it is different.

Also, African Americans who aren't recent immigrants from Africa are about a little above 20% white on average.

I had a former student get a Hispanic Scholarship....because their 100% white grandparents immigrated from Europe to Argentina....lived in Argentina for a few years and had a child there...and then moved to the US....thus making the grandchildren part "Hispanic" and winning scholarships for Hispanic people.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:49 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Obama was 1/2 black until he won...then he morphed into America's first black president

since we all are supposed to have evolved from apes in Africa....we're all black anyway

As soon as liberals figure out how racist evolution really is....they will go with the martian thing...wait for it

..evolution says a bunch of people migrated out of Africa, evolved, and invented all kinds of cool stuff

..and the ones that didn't migrate out...are still running around half naked, chasing their food with a club, invented nothing...and didn't evolve

Old 09-30-2018, 07:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Do Sasha and Malia Obama have a leg up with more advantages than the typical white kid? They have two parents who are in the top 1% for wealth, top 1% for political/business/social connections, top 1% for education, etc... I don't know what kind of students they are, but the honest truth is that all they have to do is graduate from high school to get accepted into an elite school due to who their parents are (Do you think George W Bush got into Yale on his own?). Do they really need a free hand out for being disadvantaged due to their race?

While we are at it, studies show that fat people, short people, ugly people, red haired people, people with redneck sounding names, etc...all face disadvantages in the work place too. Should we expand the freebees for more hapless victims?
Well now you're going into a topic I've discussed many times here and involves this b.s. about white privilege. No such thing. There is class privilege. Period. Money and class trump all.

And no, the Obama girls and my black friends kids shouldn't qualify for any affirmative action programs because they make big bucks and attend the best schools.

But that's a different topic and my answer is crafted around current programs - like them or not.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Sammy has me as biracial with white blood...though I've never capitulated to his criteria. Race is his hang-up, not mine. My phenotype is much more black than white. To be as accurate as possible I most resemble an Afro-Puerto Rican, though as I've noted numerous times I have no known Puerto Rican blood in me.

I qualified for everything all "African-Americans" qualified for and then some due to being a poor resident of an urban core.

Sammy tried shoving his programs down my throat from day #1. Never self-identified as anything. Never will. Like I said, that's his hang-up. I took no part in his game.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Obama was 1/2 black until he won...then he morphed into America's first black president

since we all are supposed to have evolved from apes in Africa....we're all black anyway

As soon as liberals figure out how racist evolution really is....they will go with the martian thing...wait for it

..evolution says a bunch of people migrated out of Africa, evolved, and invented all kinds of cool stuff

..and the ones that didn't migrate out...are still running around half naked, chasing their food with a club, invented nothing...and didn't evolve
Yes. The ones who didn’t evolve spend their lives hunting and fishing.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:56 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
My ancestors were Irish, the English said we were "non-white".
I doubt many people ever actually believed that the Irish were non-white. It's a notion that's been promoted and completely overblown by leftists like Noel Ignatiev. And, in any case, it's passe now that Irish Catholic Bret Kavanaugh is a WASP and Irish Catholic Georgetown Prep is considered a bastion of aristocratic white privilege.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies