Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about those with completely opposite political views (US)?
Countrymen 20 25.00%
Enemies 29 36.25%
Other/somewhere in between 23 28.75%
I just want to see the poll results 8 10.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 11:21 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,944,538 times

Advertisements

I think the vast majority of republicans are overly religious and under educated. The handful of GOP brethren that I do interact with capped their educations at the high school or really crappy directional college level. There is an intellect difference between the parties that is obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 11:22 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
"I just want to see the poll results" should be on every C-D poll

Old 10-06-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
I think the vast majority of republicans are overly religious and under educated. The handful of GOP brethren that I do interact with capped their educations at the high school or really crappy directional college level. There is an intellect difference between the parties that is obvious.

Having a degree doesn't confer common sense nor does it automatically create a strong work ethic.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:25 AM

5,896 posts, read 3,896,920 times
Quote:
I guess it starts at the top.

Trump's grammar in speeches 'just below 6th grade level,' study finds

And don't forget that Trump acquired much of his education in the good old days before liberals took over the educational system.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I’m independent so both parties are the enemy.
But mainly the Dems as each day passes.

I totally agree. But I am starting to have respect for some Repubs since they have finally grown a backbone to push back the bullying Dems and opposition media. Exposing the corruption of the Deep State is quite an accomplishment, too, in complicit DC

Old 10-06-2018, 11:32 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,406,555 times
Quote:

So what you saying religious people are stupid for supporting Trump which is a falsehood because 80% of the US population has some level of religious belief including liberals.

Second under educated? Wow...since the majority of American work at jobs that don't require a level of education above high school and in fact do quite well...thank you...
I find a vast majority of college grads who were taught by liberal professors are rather street stupid as witnessed by the screaming mob at the Kavanaugh conformation and the anarchic burning and beating people up that don't agree with their anti-American views.
All the above is rather obvious to the majority of Americans.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:40 AM

587 posts, read 304,750 times
I really dont believe in political parties, The CIA NSA,Clinton's, CIA Bush family , Soros and his various groups blm,antifa democrat globalist etc: and the Obama's..

Thats your political party, And the TRACK RECORD S****KS

Old 10-06-2018, 11:55 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,538 times
Quote:
I enjoy posts where users seem to think "college" equals "intelligent". I've read more books and acquired more knowledge over the course of my life than most college graduates you will ever meet. In college, I was only taught "specific" knowledge based on my chosen field of study. This means college graduates are educated, but only when it comes to their chosen field of study. Reading and studying on your own, after college, is the key to real knowledge. My mother-in-law, who has been gone for 6 years now, was one of the smartest people I have ever met in my life. The sheer amount of knowledge she possessed on so many subjects was astounding. She had a two year degree in Substance Abuse Counseling. That was the extent of her "college" education. So please, understand, college is not the only road to education and intelligence.

PS. Just as a side note, I thought I'd add that I have worked the elections for the last 6 years. The only voters who come in holding "sample ballots" which have already been filled in to show who the voter should cast their votes for are Democrats. Republicans usually at least know who they are voting for and why before they show up. Democrats, not so much.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:13 PM

4,027 posts, read 2,712,668 times
I put 'other' because it depends on where they fall on their political spectrum. Moderate Republicans, for example, I may have disagreements with, but it's also possible I have common ground with them. The further right they go, the more leery I am of what they *really* stand for. And Trumpism is so far extreme right that I just can't even.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:22 PM

1,406 posts, read 800,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post

PS. Just as a side note, I thought I'd add that I have worked the elections for the last 6 years. The only voters who come in holding "sample ballots" which have already been filled in to show who the voter should cast their votes for are Democrats. Republicans usually at least know who they are voting for and why before they show up. Democrats, not so much.
You say this like it's a bad thing. To me it is an indication that they have done their homework and made up their minds after studying the issues and candidates, and brought the completed sample ballot to save time.

That's what I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies