Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 12:25 PM

1,991 posts, read 904,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's really taken off? Where?

Robert Byrd, is that you?
Robert Byrd? Byrd died 8 years ago. And before he died he demonstrated real remorse for having been in the Klan. And before you blather on, The Dixiecrats have been gone for over fifty years. White power has now found a new home with Trump and the Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 01:13 PM

46,376 posts, read 27,210,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Robert Byrd? Byrd died 8 years ago. And before he died he demonstrated real remorse for having been in the Klan. And before you blather on, The Dixiecrats have been gone for over fifty years. White power has now found a new home with Trump and the Republicans.

Wait, I thought the past matters? Or is that only if you're a republican that the past matters?

What's that word.... Hyp.......hypo.....Hypoc.....Hypocri......Hypocrit e, yea, that's it....Hypocrite.....

Old 10-07-2018, 02:02 PM

11,987 posts, read 5,315,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Wait, I thought the past matters? Or is that only if you're a republican that the past matters?

What's that word.... Hyp.......hypo.....Hypoc.....Hypocri......Hypocrit e, yea, that's it....Hypocrite.....
What’s more hypocritical?

1. The Party of a Robert Byrd, who renounced mistakes in his past and as a Senator supported Civil Rights.

Or

2. A Republican Party which points to the credentials of founders like Abraham Lincoln, Thad Stevens, et. al., when they long ago morphed into the party of Strom Thurmond?

Old 10-07-2018, 02:03 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,717,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No, more than half didn't vote against Hillary, FatBob (love that name, BTW).

About 60ish percent of the adult population of the US voted, and more than half voted FOR Hillary.

Incorrect. (as you usually are)

Old 10-07-2018, 02:07 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,717,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

1. The Party of a Robert Byrd, who renounced mistakes in his past and as a Senator supported Civil Rights.

Or

2. A Republican Party which points to the credentials of founders like Abraham Lincoln, Thad Stevens, et. al., when they long ago morphed into the party of Strom Thurmond?

LAWL, You defend Robert Byrd simply because he kissed Hillary Clinton who sad she admired him as an example of a good leader.
I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944[11][18]
I've never seen such a hypocritical double standard in my life as those held by what's left of Democrats these days.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:15 PM

46,376 posts, read 27,210,243 times
Quote:

Or

The dixiecrats were started and dissolved in 1948.....next....

robert byrd, life long KKK member...no matter how many times he says it's not...

But hey, by the left, the past does not matter, unless you are a repub......

Old 10-07-2018, 02:20 PM

34,127 posts, read 17,188,588 times
Quote:

Or

News Flash" Democrats filibustered the CRA. Robert KKK Byrd did so 14 straight hours.

GOP passed the bill overwhelmingly using just GOP votes, as we, the GOP,did overcome that day.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...il-rights-act/

Old 10-07-2018, 04:49 PM

30,270 posts, read 11,895,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You have to look up a Princess Bride reference?

Sad.

Not into chick flicks or fairly tales. But I guess the dems are hoping for a blue wave fairy tale.

Old 10-07-2018, 04:59 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,961,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Not into chick flicks or fairly tales. But I guess the dems are hoping for a blue wave fairy tale.
Not fairytales, most people just hope for a reality that isn’t as grim as the current one.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:12 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,155,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The blue wave is actually just liberal tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies