Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2018, 09:29 PM

10,180 posts, read 10,305,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
When you divide your fellow countrymen into "winners" and "losers", you're missing the point of the United States.

Our fellow country men aren't our enemies - they're our allies who see different ways to solve the problems.

"we have met the enemy, and it is us" - Pogo
Should have whined about that when Obama, the great divider, was in office.

Elections have consequences, don't you know?

The left's messiah said so, and said so many other things that are hard to forget coming from his "I can't find my birth certificate" ass.

You know, like, "You didn't build that".

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C&&FORM=VRDGAR

Don't worry about the source - the man said it all.

Notice the hot mike Russian collusion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 09:31 PM

34,274 posts, read 17,347,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I am not interested in taunting the Democrats. The Two Party System is invaluable to our nation so both sides need each other, so to speak.

But I have to wonder, Why Did You Do It?

Why did you do this? How the hell could you look at yourselves in the mirror?

You jettisoned Due Process in an attempt to smear a man. You embraced the same tactics as those used by Joseph McCarthy and every bigot who ever hanged a black man for no good reason. You reduced proper political discourse to that of a Hollywood tabloid.

You took no evidence and tried to make it evidence. You embraced an accusation that would have been tossed from any court of law.

And went that failed, you switched gears and tried to paint the man as, "Angry." As if any judge is expected to stay calm when he is accused of gang rape. Would you?

And were that not enough, you tried to paint youthful imbibing- something that vast majority of you have done and continue to do- as the key to something nefarious.

Your party- mine too actually, but not for much longer- reach into the depths of disgust and pulled the most despicable move I have ever seen in politics during my lifetime. Watergate? Nope, the system worked and Nixon rightfully resigned, with not a few of his own party telling him to go.

You embraced behavior that would shock the citizens of a Banana Republic. You have helped take a legitimate political party, one that gave us Truman, JFK, and Bill Clinton, and turned it into a vile club of liars and slanderers. You have crapped all over the foundations of proper jurisprudence, rule of law, and even democracy itself.

Because he is Conservative? So what? The SCOTUS has always had Conservatives and none of them have brought us to disaster. Most GOP nominees actually turn out to be fairly flexible. Was it worth selling your souls in a vain attempt to stop this one? Is the world going to end now?

In short, you have become the very people you have always been warned about.

Why did you do it?
I went by this earlier, but Spot On Bravo. I am ashamed of the Democratic party the last few weeks. TDS has taken them over. This was blatant indifference to looking for facts by them, and nothing more than a political lynching attempt.

It was beneath the history of either party to sink to such depths. It would fit better in a 3rd world nation.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You have to look up a Princess Bride reference?

Sad.
Why is that sad?

Never saw it but my liberal idiot family members (MIT grads) just lurve it.

Why is that movie a thing for liberals?

No wonder the left is so deluded - life isn't a movie.

Old 10-07-2018, 09:37 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,335,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
The snowflakes really gonna melt once Ginsbergs spot is filled next lol

Old 10-07-2018, 09:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,202,667 times
Quote:
I know a LOT of history.

I don't agree with the concept of the Electoral College. I also would like to see term limits on elected representatives and don't know why the writers of the constitution had the wisdom to enact term limits for the president but not all the other elected officials.
The electoral college has not only worn out its usefulness, it has become a detriment to democracy and the will of the people. One person/one vote...period!
Quote:
The United States can’t pretend to be a democracy. First-place candidates have lost two presidential elections in the last 16 years:

Even James Madison wanted direct elections of the president. He only created electoral votes during the Constitutional Convention as a compromise. White Southerners were afraid of being outvoted by Northerners, and wanted their slaves, or at least 3/5 of them, included in the allocation of votes even though the slaves themselves could not vote. Electoral votes made this possible, direct elections did not. Our strange voting system is thus a relic of America’s original sin of slavery.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...s-how-we-do-it
As for The Constitution, it too needs to be updated and revised. It's treated like the bible, which is another collection of writings that is so terribly flawed for modern times.
Quote:
Why is the nation so poorly governed? This is the question that we address in our new book, Relic. What we show is that the fundamentals of an answer can be traced to the Constitution—which, for all its admirable qualities, imposes a structure of government that has long been outdated, and is ill-suited to modern times.

https://www.hoover.org/research/our-...d-constitution

Old 10-07-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Robert Byrd? Byrd died 8 years ago. And before he died he demonstrated real remorse for having been in the Klan. And before you blather on, The Dixiecrats have been gone for over fifty years. White power has now found a new home with Trump and the Republicans.
Yes, Robert Byrd.

The Klansman the left/dems embraced and forgave while knowing who he was and what he did (and was Hillary's good friend and mentor)...yet the same left/dems are willing to ruin a man's life over an accusation from some woman who doesn't know where/when/how she got there/how she got home/why that 2nd front door is on her house (for a rental) & not even her BFF, who Ford says was there, will back her story up.

So then it turns to beer & year books for those who lurved them some KKK idiot.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The same state that LOVED Robert Byrd also LOVES Donald Trump. So here we are.
LOL!

Nice try.

"Her" friend and mentor.

"Her", you know, who "YOU" all voted for.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Yes. I don't know how many times I have to say it.

That seems MUCH more fair than allowing people who live in densely populated areas much less voting power. Just because you're 2 miles from your nearest neighbor, you shouldn't have twice the voting power as people who live in crowded regions.
Just because you live in a city doesn't mean you should have more "voting power" than any other voter in the US.

Quote:
And anyway, the senate more than adequately compensates for states with fewer people. Each state gets two senators, whether they are Montana or California. That's more than enough compensating, IMHO.
Blah, blah, blah....

Typical liberal "electoral college sucks" whining ...when who they voted for lost.

Grow up.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:29 PM

23,175 posts, read 12,351,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
House is all we need to publish trumps tax returns and find out how strongly Putin the puppeteer is controlling trump. I bet there is a lot more than just pee pee tapes

Tell me how the House is going to force Trump to publish his tax returns?

Old 10-07-2018, 10:31 PM

23,175 posts, read 12,351,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As for The Constitution, it too needs to be updated and revised. It's treated like the bible, which is another collection of writings that is so terribly flawed for modern times.

You do realize that there is a process for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies