Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 12:45 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times

Advertisements

Apparently it wasn't enough for the cop to ask the kids over and over again if they were okay, it seems that after Lewis stopped recording, the cop called their parents to confirm it.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2018/10...heir-children/

Old 10-11-2018, 12:51 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
This was a set up. This supposed male babysitter could've answered the overly concerned woman's question and put her mind at ease, but no he had to be hostile and act suspicious. So she had the police ask.

Many women thanks to liberals themselves are hysterical about "save the children" and save the women from men. Liberals can't make up their mind, is it save the women and children or never question a male who is black. Also I would like to hear the woman's version of the story.
Yep sure it was it sounds like you've got it all figured out. That's a wrap folks.

Old 10-11-2018, 01:15 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,227,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Where was a "serious crime": The man committed no crime. She just does not trust black people. She is by definition a racist.
That is not the definition of a racist. How come liberals never know how words are defined? Oh, that's right....thats so you can re-define them the way it best suits your political agenda. Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, if I see you carrying pots and soil into your house I'll be a good neighbor and report to the police that you might be growing marijuana in your basement.

Then when they test a false positive from your trash for marijuana, they can raid your house and hold you and your family at gunpoint while they ransack the place.

I'm sure once the mistake has been realized you'll harbor no ill will towards me and hell....maybe you'll even THANK me for being vigilant and a good neighbor.

P.S. There are really people like that out there so be grateful that you haven't had the misfortune of getting the cops called on you because you have a paranoid\schizo living in your neighborhood.
Is it unusual for homeowners to garden?

Old 10-11-2018, 02:10 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,487,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
With the Kavanaugh drama over I guess the media is back to calling-the-police-while-white stories. What is the goal here - to convince the public that it's better to risk ignoring serious crimes than to risk a false alarm? if you see something... keep it to yourself?
What exactly was the babysitter doing that would make someone think that a serious crime was being committed? If I see a young black man with two kids of another race and he's not acting furtively and the kids are obviously not distressed, then I'd see no reason to call police or suspect that there will be a crime in the making.. I definitely, as a woman, wouldn't tail a stranger and be openly confrontational. She's lucky nothing actually happened to her.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:16 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,487,964 times
Quote:
This was a set up. This supposed male babysitter could've answered the overly concerned woman's question and put her mind at ease, but no he had to be hostile and act suspicious. So she had the police ask.

Many women thanks to liberals themselves are hysterical about "save the children" and save the women from men. Liberals can't make up their mind, is it save the women and children or never question a male who is black. Also I would like to hear the woman's version of the story.
He didn't have to answer a damn thing. And how exactly was he acting "suspiciously" or truly "hostile"? (which are two words btw that seem to be commonly used when it comes to minority males, lol)....

Considering she's a woman going after a strange man, she's got big balls. She's fortunate that she didn't meet real hostility. A true young punk would have physically assaulted her. The kids weren't acting distressed - that's the kicker here. She had no reason to go on her crusade. No reason.

Old 10-11-2018, 04:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
If I, a manly white male was in a Walmart parking lot with 2 black children and a black (or white) woman asked me if the kids are okay and if she could ask the girl, I might not particularly like it but it would be somewhat understandable and I wouldn't respond belligerently and suspiciously like he admitted to doing.

Last edited by mtl1; 10-11-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 10-11-2018, 05:06 PM

365 posts, read 499,718 times
I'm not letting a stranger take another parent's kid for "questioning." Who does this?

Old 10-11-2018, 05:19 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
What exactly was the babysitter doing that would make someone think that a serious crime was being committed?
How would I know? I wasn't there. To the woman who was on the scene something seemed off. So she tried to make sure things were OK. Do we really want to discourage people from taking the initiative and trying to help make sure kids are safe? Is whatever pleasure people get from the drummed up racial drama worth the price of creating a society where people won't ever get involved when they see something they think is suspicious?

Old 10-11-2018, 05:32 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,425,834 times
The police need to start issuing tickets or penalty to these people. It's unnecessary to take black and minority citizens through this on a regular basis. Just imagine how many incidents go unreported. I have mixed nieces and nephews. When my mom took them out, they (white folks) would question her about the kids since they had blonde hair and blue eyes.
People aren't entitled to KNOW just because they don't know. It's none of their business especially if the kids don't appear to be in harm's way or distressed. Some people think they are entitled to cause undue stress or authority on others.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:32 PM

365 posts, read 499,718 times
Quote:
We're only getting his side of the story, but by his own admission she asked him if the kids are okay and he responded with a standoffish non-answer. It would be uncommon, possible suspicious for a male to be alone with two kids that are obviously not biologically his.
No need to question if the children showed no signs of distress. Let's be honest, she wouldn't have been concerned if the man were white and the children were black. You will deny it though. You will say most people don't see color, while it's skin color that made the scene suspicious in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies