Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:10 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,961,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think part of the problem in America is that too many white people define racism in a way that excludes themselves. For example, a person who has committed minor misdemeanor offenses may define “criminals” only as those people who commit felonies, thus, not seeing themselves as “criminals”. Today, “racist” carries such a negative stigma no person wants to see themselves as such or want others to see them that way. Therefore, I think there has been a conspiracy of like minds in America, among whites, to move the goal post, so to speak, in regards to what constitutes a racist and racism, so as to exempt themselves.

I think most white people see racist as “bad people” and most white people do not see themselves or other whites as “bad people” and therefore it logically follows that most whites are not racist because most whites are not “bad people”. I would agree totally that most white people are not bad people, but would disagree that most white people are not racist. You don’t have to be a “bad person” to be racist. You don’t have to filled with hate and malicious intent to be a racist. Blacks realize this. Whites tend not to. Hence, no way to objectively come to an agreement when working from different definitions.

Think of it this way. How long have men been sexist? Did men being sexist prevent men from falling in love with women, being friends with women, raising a family with women? Many men feel women are inferior, yet, form families with women. In other words, there are many precedents that demonstrate you can love, like, befriend, etc, those you feel to be inferior. Your children are another example. When your children are young, you feel their minds are inferior and not mature relative to your own. There is no hate because of it. Yet, you feel that they can’t make the best decision for themselves like you can make for them so you want to tell them what to do or what they should do. Sound familiar? Is there any race of people who are treated that way that you can think of?

Most whites that are racist today are misdemeanor racist, as opposed to the felony racist of the past. They are not bad people, they just think blacks are inferior and that only matters in the allocation of scarce resources or if one has to make a survival calculous based upon fear in a certain threatening situation. This person calling the police was probably a “good person” and not some hate filled old time felony racist, although she could be that too, but probably not. Her subconscious perception of black males drove her instincts to feel those children were in potential danger. Yes, I know blacks have higher rates of crime than whites. However, that is not enough to justify seeing blacks a criminal. What does it matter if blacks commit murder at 6 times the rate of white if only 0.005 of blacks commit murder? That is an extremely low probability that a black person will murder you, regardless of how many times blacks are more likely to commit murder than whites. You can’t judge blacks by the behavior of 0.005 of them.

There is some truth to this, but its not just white people. I think most black people are racist as well. I think most people on Earth are racist.

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I'm a real believer when you read something like this, you go search for the "more to the story". He's making the rounds on Good Morning America and the Today Show, so who knows if some other clue will come out.

I found his facebook page, and am a little surprised at his self-promotion of "inspired by Lewis", but other than an outsized ego, I'm not sure there is a "more to the story".

So here's the scene, apparently. These two white kids are standing there in a Walmart Parking lot with a young Black adult, standing next to a car for some length of time, not getting in. That would attract my attention as well, even if it were a young white man and two black pre-adolescents standing there by a car. That looks eye-catching. I think in either case I might get the license plate and watch for a bit, too. I might even ask if they were having car trouble or were stranded.

https://www.facebook.com/inspiredbyl...50477&fref=tag
You make a good point of "more to the story". The media and these blacks that come out with these type of stories are in cahoots. Typically the black person will intentionally act suspicious to alarm some white person to report it. Then the black person reports it to the media so the media can run their agenda. How gullible do they think we are?

8,851 posts, read 5,881,216 times
Quote:
I think part of the problem in America is that too many white people define racism in a way that excludes themselves. For example, a person who has committed minor misdemeanor offenses may define “criminals” only as those people who commit felonies, thus, not seeing themselves as “criminals”. Today, “racist” carries such a negative stigma no person wants to see themselves as such or want others to see them that way. Therefore, I think there has been a conspiracy of like minds in America, among whites, to move the goal post, so to speak, in regards to what constitutes a racist and racism, so as to exempt themselves.

I think most white people see racist as “bad people” and most white people do not see themselves or other whites as “bad people” and therefore it logically follows that most whites are not racist because most whites are not “bad people”. I would agree totally that most white people are not bad people, but would disagree that most white people are not racist. You don’t have to be a “bad person” to be racist. You don’t have to filled with hate and malicious intent to be a racist. Blacks realize this. Whites tend not to. Hence, no way to objectively come to an agreement when working from different definitions.

Think of it this way. How long have men been sexist? Did men being sexist prevent men from falling in love with women, being friends with women, raising a family with women? Many men feel women are inferior, yet, form families with women. In other words, there are many precedents that demonstrate you can love, like, befriend, etc, those you feel to be inferior. Your children are another example. When your children are young, you feel their minds are inferior and not mature relative to your own. There is no hate because of it. Yet, you feel that they can’t make the best decision for themselves like you can make for them so you want to tell them what to do or what they should do. Sound familiar? Is there any race of people who are treated that way that you can think of?

Most whites that are racist today are misdemeanor racist, as opposed to the felony racist of the past. They are not bad people, they just think blacks are inferior and that only matters in the allocation of scarce resources or if one has to make a survival calculous based upon fear in a certain threatening situation. This person calling the police was probably a “good person” and not some hate filled old time felony racist, although she could be that too, but probably not. Her subconscious perception of black males drove her instincts to feel those children were in potential danger. Yes, I know blacks have higher rates of crime than whites. However, that is not enough to justify seeing blacks a criminal. What does it matter if blacks commit murder at 6 times the rate of white if only 0.005 of blacks commit murder? That is an extremely low probability that a black person will murder you, regardless of how many times blacks are more likely to commit murder than whites. You can’t judge blacks by the behavior of 0.005 of them.
Or could it be that the word “racism” is over-used in many of these instances???? There is true racism, and then there are incidents that involve blacks, and just because they involve blacks, are labeled as racism.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:13 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
I'm sure there are people around her that will commend her for her diligence, they'll say " job well done , you can never tell with those people ."

Old 10-10-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
So you have no problem when the media reports blacks doing something wrong to whites, but not vice versa eh?

If thats the case you are already one of "those" white people.
The national media will run petty stories even hoaxes of whites doing something wrong to blacks, but not only ignore or put a reverse spin on the more common petty stuff blacks or nonwhites do to whites, they'll ignore all the serious offenses against whites too.

Don't even try to draw a moral equivalence. The media has a bigger bias and problem with honesty than anyone.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:25 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,229,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And why would it? Black women have been raising white children for decades.

I think the whole thing is about white people calling the cops on black people. That's been the media theme all year.
Yah but this a unique incident in that in all the other incidents it was the cops being called because blacks were doing something they were not allowed to do or in a place they were not allowed to do it. So all the other stories could have used the same headline “ Blacks outraged the rules apply to them, again”

Quote:

Meh. Nobody uses the term “racist” properly so it’s become meaningless noise. Let’s just do a test....what are you using it to mean? What’s your definition?

Old 10-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I'm a real believer when you read something like this, you go search for the "more to the story". He's making the rounds on Good Morning America and the Today Show, so who knows if some other clue will come out.

I found his facebook page, and am a little surprised at his self-promotion of "inspired by Lewis", but other than an outsized ego, I'm not sure there is a "more to the story".

So here's the scene, apparently. These two white kids are standing there in a Walmart Parking lot with a young Black adult, standing next to a car for some length of time, not getting in. That would attract my attention as well, even if it were a young white man and two black pre-adolescents standing there by a car. That looks eye-catching. I think in either case I might get the license plate and watch for a bit, too. I might even ask if they were having car trouble or were stranded.

https://www.facebook.com/inspiredbyl...50477&fref=tag
I would be very surprised if there isn’t a lot more to the story. How much do you want to bet this guy has a criminal record?

And Walmart parking lots are a hotspot for crime so i think people should have a heightened sense of vigilance in one. There’s all kinds of stuff going on. There’s the usual shoplifting and car break ins but also drugs, assaults, robberies, even kidnappimgs. For whatever reason Walmart attracts the criminal element.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:34 AM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Gee, we have several nannies from Africa at the park, no one bats an eye. Could it be because this kid was a guy? The lady sounds like a battle axe, but no one knows her, right? I think I'll save my outrage for the person who stole my parking place.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I would be very surprised if there isn’t a lot more to the story. How much do you want to bet this guy has a criminal record?

And Walmart parking lots are a hotspot for crime so i think people should have a heightened sense of vigilance in one. There’s all kinds of stuff going on. There’s the usual shoplifting and car break ins but also drugs, assaults, robberies, even kidnappimgs. For whatever reason Walmart attracts the criminal element.
Heck, I wasn't there. For all I know the kids looked distressed for whatever reason. We're suppose to trust a female's intuition except when it goes against a black person .

Old 10-10-2018, 12:21 PM

Another non-racial non-incident coked up by the usual media race baiters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies