Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 10:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
You’re kidding right? Clearly you don’t have access to local news because the topics overwhelmingly involve black (usually on black) crime, and if it goes beyond there, it’s on The First 48 on some other program targeting an urban demographic.

Most of that doesn’t make national news because the media doesn’t care about any of it. When trouble makes its way into the suburbs, that’s when it becomes national news because of who it impacts.

Conversely, crimes that impact whites are depicted as headline news, utter tragedies, because the mainstream media plays up the misfortunes of white’s. Example ‘the crack epidemic’ versus ‘the opioid crisis.’ It’s a crisis because it affects suburbanites, and the addiction itself is treated with compassion, not by coincidence.

You seriously don’t realize this? I swear that comment made me spit up my latte!
I'm saying the national news is pushing the agenda I explained. How do you think all these petty stories always about a white person reporting a black person are getting into the national news? It's an agenda the media is running with right now.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:31 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,229,128 times
I think the suspicion comes from the fairly widespread perception that black men are frequently absentee fathers that don't even take care of their OWN children , so what are they doing taking care of someone else's, let alone a white person's klds.

Hence....a suspicious circumstance.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:38 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,404,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm saying the national news is pushing the agenda I explained. How do you think all these petty stories always about a white person reporting a black person are getting into the national news? It's an agenda the media is running with right now.
Honestly, Donald Trump is mostly responsible for fanning these flames and setting the tone for most of this.

There’s been more coverage with regard to this type of thing lately, but it’s becase DT uses race to play on people’s insecurities and making race more of a topic than it should be.

This is the fallout and there’s sure to be more.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:41 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I think the suspicion comes from the fairly widespread perception that black men are frequently absentee fathers that don't even take care of their OWN children , so what are they doing taking care of someone else's, let alone a white person's klds.

Hence....a suspicious circumstance.
We're not allowed to be suspicious of males in regards to women and children if the male is black, only if he's white. You wouldn't want to be one of those racist white citizens suspicious of a black person featured in the national news would you? WOULD YOU ??

Old 10-09-2018, 11:02 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,496,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I've gone all out when I would babysit my nieces. Nail polish, lipstick, high heels, the whole nine yards.

Two things...

1. Being a man didn't impact my ability to safely care for my nieces.

2. I look dynamite in red pumps.
Are you a crossdresser or you just played dress up with your nieces?? Lol
Regardless, you seem like a great relative and babysitter to have in the family.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
We're not allowed to be suspicious of males in regards to women and children if the male is black, only if he's white. You wouldn't want to be one of those racist white citizens suspicious of a black person featured in the national news would you? WOULD YOU ??
I don't see color...I'm suspicious of everybody. I believe everyone, of all colors, is potentially up to no good, a potential robber/murderer/sex fiend and rapist.

Being black is barely an extra strike in my book. I might watch a bit more closely, but what is closer than "like a hawk"??

An eagle?

Old 10-09-2018, 11:13 PM

I'm going to be honest. I saw a young, 20 maybe year old guy with 2 very young white babies. Well, one was maybe 2, the other one just a few months old. It did catch me by surprise and I checked him out for a few seconds. But he wasnt acting or doing anything suspicious....In our hood a lot of people have nannies, and maybe he was one..or a boyfriend. Who knows.
I would never call the cops just because he was black or opposite sex.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
Honestly, Donald Trump is mostly responsible for fanning these flames and setting the tone for most of this.

There’s been more coverage with regard to this type of thing lately, but it’s becase DT uses race to play on people’s insecurities and making race more of a topic than it should be.

This is the fallout and there’s sure to be more.
Riiiight, its Trump's fault. Obama didn't spend 8 years telling us we're all racists born on third base thinking we hit a homer blah blah blah.

That has nothing to do with it!

Old 10-09-2018, 11:28 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
If I had a dime for every time a kidnapper took the kids he just kidnapped to a Subway inside a Walmart....

Old 10-09-2018, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
If I had a dime for every time a kidnapper took the kids he just kidnapped to a Subway inside a Walmart....
Is that what happened here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies