Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 08:20 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
?????

I'm a woman and I don't get this attitude.

In fact, there are 2 non-family people I'd trust my kids with (and by family, I just mean my parents - would not let my inlaws or brother sit them): one is 30-something woman who is a teacher (our regular sitter) and the other is a 24 year old male grad student.
He has housesat for us and babysits for a number of my colleagues. Very responsible guy. Loves kids and dogs. Nothing but positive experiences.
I've gone all out when I would babysit my nieces. Nail polish, lipstick, high heels, the whole nine yards.

Two things...

1. Being a man didn't impact my ability to safely care for my nieces.

2. I look dynamite in red pumps.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So we're suppose to "save the children" and save females except when playing it safe and the person reported is black.

I guess it's only PC when playing it safe is to report on white people.

The media has a new propaganda campaign now, to create the perception that the great white masses are all just a bunch of racists. Notice what the media reports and doesn't report.
This is where you step in your own dung. Save the children from what?? The ONLY thing you'd be reporting them for is because he's black.

Which to you is fine - we all get that - but for normal people who aren't racist - we'd be too mortified to think that way.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:22 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This is where you step in your own dung. Save the children from what?? The ONLY thing you'd be reporting them for is because he's black.

Which to you is fine - we all get that - but for normal people who aren't racist - we'd be too mortified to think that way.
No, how do you know the same white person wouldn't report a white male with two black kids?

The media is intentional running stories like this to promote a perception that all white people are racist. People of all colors are more suspicious of males and that doesn't automatically make them sexist and more suspicious of blacks and that doesn't make them racist. The only racism here is coming from the media.

The media works hard to report negative stories about whites and does not report the many negative stories of non-whites. That's your racism right there.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:31 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I've gone all out when I would babysit my nieces. Nail polish, lipstick, high heels, the whole nine yards.

Two things...

When I watch my granddaughters, I found out a 70 year old man can look good with hair ribbons.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
When I watch my granddaughters, I found out a 70 year old man can look good with hair ribbons.
We should hit the town one night. We'll knock 'em dead!

Old 10-09-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
No, how do you know the same white person wouldn't report a white male with two black kids?

The media is intentional running stories like this to promote a perception that all white people are racist. People of all colors are more suspicious of males and that doesn't automatically make them sexist and more suspicious of blacks and that doesn't make them racist. The only racism here is coming from the media.

The media works hard to report negative stories about whites and does not report the many negative stories of non-whites. That's your racism right there.
Hahahahaha!!! Oh, man, that's rich. All you see on the news and in the paper are stories about the thug segment of the black population, which is a small percentage, but people see it so often they think all blacks are like that, all blacks live in bad neighborhoods, blah blah blah.

But keep finding reasons to whine because it's entertaining.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:48 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I have no problem with a black babysitter for white kids but I don't like the idea of a male babysitter.

No problems here. I mean my parents had our neighbor's son watch us a few times when we were kids. I couldn't imagine that but it was probably him filling in for his sister at the last minute.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess

Two things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Two examples of true love and good for nieces and granddaughters to see.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Two examples of true love and good for nieces and granddaughters to see.
My sisters used to babysit me as a kid and force me to dress up so perhaps there's more going on in my case than meets the eye.

I wrestle and play sports not to mention do all around destructive things with the nephews though so maybe I'm just a good uncle.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:16 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,401,567 times
Quote:

You’re kidding right? Clearly you don’t have access to local news because the topics overwhelmingly involve black (usually on black) crime, and if it goes beyond there, it’s on The First 48 on some other program targeting an urban demographic.

Most of that doesn’t make national news because the media doesn’t care about any of it. When trouble makes its way into the suburbs, that’s when it becomes national news because of who it impacts.

Conversely, crimes that affect whites are depicted as headline news, utter tragedies, because the mainstream media plays up the misfortunes of white’s. Example ‘the crack epidemic’ versus ‘the opioid crisis.’ It’s a crisis because it affects suburbanites, and the addiction itself is treated with compassion, not by coincidence.

I swear that comment made me spit up my latte!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies