Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 10:38 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Yep, 5.4 million in construction under Obama compared to 7.2 million under President Trump.

1.8 million more males burning thousands of calories more a day.

Then there are the millions more manufacturing and warehousing jobs that are overwhelmingly men.
The VAST number of construction jobs are filled by Hispanics--legal and otherwise. “President” Trump hasn't created a single job--just like “President” Obama never created a single job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 10:48 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star...hypocrisy.html

https://www.livescience.com/54994-ob...ate-women.html

It is certainly much higher than 40% and many of them are females in their 20s who will likely have several decades of chronic disease.

While men tend to go quickly from health ailments, many of these women will have decades and decades of chronic disease that might contribute to bankrupting the country.

Not only that the female obesity epidemic means more shedding of virus for longer periods of time.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30085119

Thanks to President Trump though male obesity doesn't really seem to be increasing though with all the new construction and manufacturing jobs.
You cannot have typed the above with a straight face. From the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

Click on the data brief.

"Among both men and women, the prevalence of obesity followed a similar pattern by age. Men
aged 40–59 (40.8%) had a higher prevalence of obesity than men aged 20–39 (34.8%). Women
aged 40–59 (44.7%) had a higher prevalence of obesity than women aged 20–39 (36.5%). For
both men and women, the prevalence of obesity among those aged 60 and over was not
significantly different from the prevalence among those aged 20–39 or 40–59."

There was no significant difference in the prevalence of obesity between men and women overall
or by age group.

Apparently it's "Women are to blame for everything up to and including the extinction of the dinosaurs" day and I missed the memo. Why don't you folks give it a rest with the women bashing.

Last edited by carterstamp; 10-10-2018 at 10:57 AM..

Old 10-10-2018, 10:52 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Fat shaming is a good thing. With a few exceptions, obese people deserve all the shame they get.

One of the best things about living in Colorado is the lack of blubbery obese people. I love going to Wash Park on the weekend and seeing the level of fitness of the people here. I love going to the trails and seeing 70 year-old hikers and mountain bikers. I love how crowded the gyms are.

Diet and exercise, people.
I lived in Lone Tree for several years (just north of Castle Rock) and always marveled at the level of fitness displayed in CO. As an avid, hiker, biker, skier, etc I found it refreshing. I am not for shaming people that are fat, however. It is their business how they want to live their lives. You, as an anarchist should appreciate that.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:52 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The VAST number of construction jobs are filled by Hispanics--legal and otherwise. “President” Trump hasn't created a single job--just like “President” Obama never created a single job.
Yep and hispanic men have much, much lower obesity rates than women because of the high percentage that work in calorie depleting fields.

El Paso is a good example. Strong and fit hispanic men, women that eat have lots of self-manufactured health ailments in their 20s from eating way too much and not going outside.

Lots of latinas have very severe allergies, asthma and respiratory issues and autoimmune disease because they never spent more than a few minutes a day outside.

https://stateofobesity.org/obesity-r...ends-overview/

51% of hispanic women are obese.

I was in El Paso and amazing how fit the men were and it's not just the construction workers either, but the large military population among other factors.

The latinas in El Paso, a majority are very obese because they go to UTEP to live off student loans like Kardashians, have as many babies as they possibly can for big welfare checks, have lots of allergies and asthma because they have spent very little time outside.

What will be interesting is that if they repeal Obamacare that many of the hospitals in Texas areas of high obesity will have less funding and it will overwhelm the system.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:56 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
Quote:

It is certainly much higher than 40% and many of them are females in their 20s who will likely have several decades of chronic disease.

While men tend to go quickly from health ailments, many of these women will have decades and decades of chronic disease that might contribute to bankrupting the country.

Not only that the female obesity epidemic means more shedding of virus for longer periods of time.

Thanks to President Trump though male obesity doesn't really seem to be increasing though with all the new construction and manufacturing jobs.

I used to watch the movie Idiocracy and laugh. Now it seems a lot less funny to me.

I know a lot of out of shape, fat construction workers. I guess "president trump" needs to be on-site to ride them harder.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:59 AM

27,194 posts, read 13,482,880 times
Yuk - unless you like surfing in which case, Slap that and ride the ripples.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:00 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,217,453 times
Quote:

1.8 million more males burning thousands of calories more a day.

This is why we have an obesity epidemic. No one burns thousands of calories per day except competive swimmers and marathon runners. A 200lb male working two 4 hour shifts of physical labor will likely burn about 700-800 additional calories. He might burn up to 150cal per hour for spurts but the when he hits a less active portion of his work that will decline.

Also the vast majority of warehouse jobs are not half as physically taxing as they were 50 or 3ven 20 years ago. Inventory is tracked by computer and more people are manning tablets than heavy equipment.

So if someone drinks 4 20oz cokes through the day they have already exceeded the calorie burn. It they add a pack of snack crackers they will have burned the calories from even 8 straight hours of strenuous labor.

It's too bad no one associated with the previous generation encourage proper diet and exercise? I'm sure that would have made them beloved and in no way incited cries of communism, government control or personal insults....

Old 10-10-2018, 11:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I used to watch the movie Idiocracy and laugh. Now it seems a lot less funny to me.

I know a lot of out of shape, fat construction workers. I guess "president trump" needs to be on-site to ride them harder.
Scary, isn't it? I'm waiting for them to start advocating watering the crops with Gatorade because it has electrolytes.

1,768 posts, read 568,483 times
Quote:

Except his own.

If obesity is a sign of moral failure, then what does that say about Our Supreme Leader, God Emperor, the Most Holy Trump?

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I lived in Lone Tree for several years (just north of Castle Rock) and always marveled at the level of fitness displayed in CO. As an avid, hiker, biker, skier, etc I found it refreshing. I am not for shaming people that are fat, however. It is their business how they want to live their lives. You, as an anarchist should appreciate that.
Of course it's their choice how they live their lives. As long as they don't violate the NAP they can do whatever the hell they want. But disparaging them on an anonymous internet message board isn't violating their rights. I'm just sick of this liberal PC culture of fat acceptance, where people like us are looked down upon if we take care of our bodies and people who eat crap food and don't exercise are venerated.

That's cool about Lone Tree; one of my good friends lives down there. And I agree 100% with you on how refreshing it is to live in a place where people actually care about their health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies