Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 09:32 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
You confuse not falling for your BS, with not understanding.

Furthermore, even if your dire predictions ARE valid, we aren't going to modify our lifestyles. Not for you, not for the ocean, not for the "earth", not for anyone or anything. We only live once and we are living it to the hilt, not the church mice you want us to, which is really what this is all about, isn't it.

The earth goes through these cycles continuously, and it isn't either cause or justification for us to give up our lifestyles, no matter WHAT you think.

I hope you understand, because we will NOT summit to any degree.
You’re not alone. Plenty of people think this way. To hell with the future; gimmie mine NOW.

The best people to rob are future generations, because they don’t have the power to fight back or call the police.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:35 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
I hesitated to make this statement before, but have decided that I will.

I hold two Science Degrees (Bachelor AND Masters) from a major midwestern University.

I well know what isotopes are, what electron valences are, the organization and structure of the Periodic Table of the Elements, including the various related elements such as the halogens etc., that exhibit similar chemical behaviour because the # of electrons in their outer-most valence.

There is precious little you and your fellow Pissants can tell me that I don't already know.

Further, I will tell you this:

Science can be described as data in search of a conclusion, i.e. a theory

Your faux/pseudo science is, in reality a conclusion in desperate search for supporting data. To date, it has been an epic fail.

You use "scientific" terms, but not the scientific method - in fact, quite the opposite - all the while calling hour betters, those who actually use the scientific method, who actually look at facts, ignorant. You are naught but eco-terrorists attempting to scare people into engaging in actions which will severely restrict their lives, their livelihoods, and their prosperity.
As a person with a science degree, you are well aware of the emissivities of carbon dioxide and methane, no?

Old 10-22-2018, 09:48 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You’re not alone. Plenty of people think this way. To hell with the future; gimmie mine NOW.

The best people to rob are future generations, because they don’t have the power to fight back or call the police.
EVERY generation has acted this way, and everybody has gotten along fine. Nothing bad is going to happen to future generations, and if there are challenges for them to deal with, they will deal with them. Such is the way of humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies