Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 11:37 AM

4,909 posts, read 2,059,477 times

Advertisements

My ex wife is Native American and she said that in her tribe, you had to be at least 25% Native to be claimed. She also doesn't like the fact that E. Warren claims or claimed to be Native American when she's clearly not Native American and that having 1% or 2% Native Blood doesn't make you a Native American.

I'm half Black and half White, but my DNA came back 60% Northern European and 40% West African... My father has long past away, but was born and has family roots in a former slave State, so I'm sure that's where his 20% White (British) DNA came from... My mother is clearly from Northern Germany with some noted Scandinavian mixed in, which wasn't a shocker.

I don't look Northern European and I don't look like I'm from Western Africa... Point being, my DNA clearly shows I'm both African-American and European-American WITHOUT doubt or by doing some kind of "fuzzy math" to twist the facts to my benefit.

Sorry, no matter how this is twisted or stretched by whatever group, the simple and plain fact is that Warren is White... An European-American... Nothing more and nothing less.

The last time I checked, being an American of European descent isn't a bad or shameful thing. I simply don't understand why she isn't proud of that and felt the need to lie about her bloodline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 11:38 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The FACTS prove that she's not a Native American Indian by any stretch of the imagination, even a liberal one. She was looking to take advantage of being a racial minority in an environment where that is seen as a benefit but she was called out for being a liar.
And Trump said he would pay $1M to charity if she had native American ancestry. Talk about a liar. Now he's denying he even said it. What type of advantage did Warren receive?

Old 10-15-2018, 11:39 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And Trump said he would pay $1M to charity if she had native American ancestry. Talk about a liar. Now he's denying he even said it. What type of advantage did Warren receive?
No, he said he'd donate it to charity if she proved she was Native American. This test proves that she is not a Native American by any calculation.

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
If I were Liz Warren, I'd go out and have Pocahontas t-shirts made to wear and to give away.

That would make Trump's head explode. He would need to find something new and derogatory to call her.

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You won’t get an answer because they don’t have one.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:40 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
I suspect Colonel George A. Custer was more Native American than Warren.

2,362 posts, read 778,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She only has to go back 6-10 generations to determine that she has a Native American ancestor. I don't know what you think monkeys have to do with anything?
Between 6-10 generations, means on average 200 years in the past. This is a far cry from her grandmother being cherokee.

At the very best, she embellished her past. None of her parents, or grandparents identified as native american and warren only begin claiming this in her 30s.

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
No, this proves nothing. You do not understand science and statistical error.

Here you go...

She is POSSIBLY .098% Native American.

Warren could have claimed Korean and still not be proven wrong. The science at the far ends is not a definitive determination of ancestry.

From Ancestry:
https://support.ancestry.com/s/artic...-1460090082990
"Because inheritance is random, one doesn’t necessarily inherit the same amount of DNA from grandparents of the same level; one great-grandparent may have passed on 12% of their DNA to you, while another great-grandparent may have passed on only 4%. Likewise, percentages of ethnicity are not passed on in equal amounts. If your fourth great-grandparent is 100% Korean and none of your other ancestors are Korean at all, you may be anywhere from 0 – 3% Korean, depending on which genes you inherited from your part-Korean parent."

Here is someone who traced Warren's ancestry:
Thoughts from Polly's Granddaughter: Elizabeth Warren's Ancestry - Part 1

She misunderstood her ancestors "From Indian Territory" as being Indian but actually Indian Territory just means her ancestor was born outside of the recognized States.

Thoughts from Polly's Granddaughter: Elizabeth Warren's Ancestry - Part 2
"In Elizabeth Warren's family, we have gotten to approximately 1824, fourteen years prior to the removal of the Cherokees from the east and there is no indication of Indian blood or association with the Cherokees through her Crawford line, the line she claims to be Cherokee through. That means we have gone back about 188 years and still not found a Cherokee. "
You're just bound and determined to dismiss the results of this test.

And she didn't misunderstand her family history. Polly's Granddaughter is full of surmise. The records regarding Indian heritage are notoriously incomplete, so the lack of a record doesn't trump the DNA results. The DNA results trump the written record.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:41 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
As analyzed by Legal Insurrection:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/1...y-to-the-hype/

From the Boston Globe article, comes this admission that savagely undermines their own premise that Fauxcahontas actually has any Native American ancestry at all:

Thus, as we can plainly see, the genetic markers identified as Native American in Fauxcahontas' DNA test are just as likely to be associated with Mexican, Peruvian or Colombian extraction. In other words, she is as likely to be 1/1024th Mexican as 1/1024th Native American.

At the end of the day, we are left with the following:

1. Warren still cannot point to any specific ancestor who was Native American.
2. Warren never lived as a Native American or associated with Native Americans.
3. Warren never claimed to be Native American until her late 30s.
4. Warren only used alleged Native American status for employment purposes, and stopped claiming that status when she got tenure at Harvard Law School.
5. There remains zero evidence Warren was a descendant of the Cherokee or Delaware tribes.
6. The DNA test does not prove Warren is Native American, at most there is “strong evidence” of a single ancestor dating back 6-10 generations, based on an analysis that compares Warren’s DNA to numerous groups, including non-Native American groups.
7. The media headlines overstate the findings.
8. Warren almost certainly is running for president, and rolled out these findings in a highly controlled and slick production for that purpose.

Given these massive, insurmountable doubts, it would probably be more appropriate for Princess Lie-A-Watha to write a check for $1,000,000 to Donald Trump.
Oh God.

Don't tell her she's just as likely to be Mexican as Native American. I don't want this fool showing up on the floor of the Senate wearing a sombrero with Taco Bell in hand.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:42 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It won't stop Trump from insulting her. Its in his DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies