Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 02:17 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,706,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
DNC and the mainstream media share the same bed. Leaks = pillow talk.
A lot started with mainstream media. It was a Vanity Fair reporter who uncovered the collusion between Gates and the Russian oligarch. That little link had been sitting quietly for months with nobody noticing, until a really smart reporter dug it up. Indictment. Prison. Spilling the beans on the Trump campaign.

It's why we have a free press.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:21 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,757,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Nice list of liberal sources. Great readings for progressives but useless for anyone with half a brain cell.

Le me reply to your "proof"

Asking the FBI Director to go easy on Flynn.

-> How is that obstructing justice?

Firing Comey over "the Russian thing."

-> A President can fire a cabinet member for any reason
Tweeting that the DOJ should investigate political opponents.

-> First amendment

Attempts to block legislation that would protect Mueller's investigation.
-> Huh?

Lying about Don Jr.'s Trump Tower meeting.

-> He hasn't testified under oath regarding this. So this is a non-issue.

Tweeting that Sessions should end the Special Counsel investigation. ...
-> First amendment
I know you guys do not like hearing this but the Washington Post is not a liberal newspaper, it is not even close to as liberal as the NY Times.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:22 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,109,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Cohen alone has spent over 50 hours in interviews with the FBI, and they have all his files, which they have to put together as corroborating evidence. Manafort is singing like a canary, and he was right in the middle of it as Trump's campaign manager as well as being a known Russian agent.

They have plenty to do. They don't just get to babble on City-Data, they have to build an airtight court case. Surely the House will start impeachment proceedings, but they will screw it up just like elected officials always do. Mueller is playing in the pros.
50 hours. And I bet they were talking about a lot more than just the weather. And Cohen is fully cooperating now. Not holding anything back. Same with Manafort. And not to mention Weaselberg.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:30 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
What utter nonsense. Your "reply" indicates you dont understand what you were told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Nice list of liberal sources. Great readings for progressives but useless for anyone with half a brain cell.
Oh look, you can insult people. Yawn.

Quote:
Le me reply to your "proof"

Asking the FBI Director to go easy on Flynn.

-> How is that obstructing justice?
How is it obstructing justice for the leader of the executive branch to imply that you should ignore the wrong doing of the person who got convicted of things? Literally thats what occurred. Flynn committed crimes, and the president asked for the head of the FBI to go easy on him.

Quote:
Firing Comey over "the Russian thing."

-> A President can fire a cabinet member for any reason
Tweeting that the DOJ should investigate political opponents.
Yes we know that. But its STILL a crime if he does it to obstruct justice. How hard is that for you?

Quote:
-> First amendment
You do not have a first amendment right to obstruct justice.

Quote:
Attempts to block legislation that would protect Mueller's investigation.
-> Huh?
Falls under high crimes and misdemeanors and obstruction.

Quote:
Lying about Don Jr.'s Trump Tower meeting.

-> He hasn't testified under oath regarding this. So this is a non-issue.
Sort of. Lying about criminal acts in order to deflect investigation is a crime. Even when not under oath. IE obstruction.

Quote:
Tweeting that Sessions should end the Special Counsel investigation. ...
-> First amendment
Again the first amendment doesn't protect you from criminal acts.

IE "I told the assassin to kill my ex wife, but thats protected first amendment speech" is not a good defense. I cant help but feel you are being intentionally obtuse.

Old 10-18-2018, 02:41 PM

1,874 posts, read 820,029 times
color me shocked that he would wait until right after midterms to say he has nothing...shocked i tell ya

Old 10-18-2018, 02:43 PM

1,874 posts, read 820,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I have a feeling my poor uncle is going to be so depressed when this report comes in. The same uncle who said he was thankful for ROBERT MUELLER at the thanksgiving table last year (while everyone else said health, family, job... you know important stuff) AND is now suing his homeowners association for emotional distress because a guy gets to the community gym before him everyday and puts on Fox News. According to him, it should be banned. No lawyer would take his case so he filed the lawsuit himself.
no offense, but your uncle is an idiot and probably nuts

Old 10-18-2018, 02:45 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,050,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Has the class not been paying attention for the past two years?
Let's assume I haven't, can you share this evidence with me?

Old 10-18-2018, 02:47 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,050,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And don't forget Allen Weaselberg. CFO of Trump Org. He might know a little about bank fraud, money laundering, tax fraud, etc.
Will those topics lead us to proof of Russian collusion?

Old 10-18-2018, 03:01 PM

16,641 posts, read 8,649,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I have a feeling my poor uncle is going to be so depressed when this report comes in. The same uncle who said he was thankful for ROBERT MUELLER at the thanksgiving table last year (while everyone else said health, family, job... you know important stuff) AND is now suing his homeowners association for emotional distress because a guy gets to the community gym before him everyday and puts on Fox News. According to him, it should be banned. No lawyer would take his case so he filed the lawsuit himself.
Unreal.

Almost everywhere I go CNN is on, and like most normal people I deal with it. The only time I get annoyed is when I am watching a game (like last night for MLB Dodgers vs. Brewers) and some goof ball had it changed to soccer. I immediately objected and they put it back on baseball.
But the thought of someone suing because of what channel is playing is beyond absurd. Either your uncle suffers from TDS, dementia or something affecting his rational thought process.

You know you are way out on a limb if you cannot find even one lawyer to take your case.

`

Old 10-18-2018, 03:09 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Let's assume I haven't, can you share this evidence with me?
He's on video confessing to at least one count. Google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies