Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2018, 05:10 PM

4,032 posts, read 2,717,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Thread should be locked too much anti-Christians and off topics

You seem to think everything is 'anti-Christian'. Perhaps you should get off the internet. It can't be good for your mental health.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:13 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
False.... He was a self-hating Jew and had Jewish blood
Robert Bowers? He is still alive and still not a Jew.

Quote:
Most attacks against Jews are done by their own people. Christians cannot kill anyone as it is against the great religion.
Note even gonna address this one. Just wow.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:14 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
They do actually especially in December month asking to have a Menorah and Hanukkah decorations up or they sue the government taking advantage of the Establishment Clause to “feel included”.
That's not pushing their religion on other people. That's in response to Christians - you perhaps? - who want to see ONLY Christmas decorations all over the place. If Christians can put up their holiday decorations, surely Jews can put up theirs. What's the issue?

Old 10-27-2018, 05:15 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
I pressed submit before completing my comments earlier so my apologies for what seems like a redundant post.

Oh for God's sake. The stupidity of this thread's devolvement is nauseating and scary. Today should be a painful day for everyone. The idea that the most recent community and congregation of slaughtered Americans by an American has to be placed into a partisan category and ranked as to how much grieving we can do or not do is absurd.

The attack was against all of us and until each of us can feel another's pain than we have not grown as a country.
And the ridiculous comments espoused here are not going to make anything better.

The America I used to know would be grieving for the Americans massacred today. And they would be still grieving for the Sandy Hook American babes and the Texas Americans mowed down as they worshipped and the black American Baptists who met the same fate and etc etc etc.

This nonsense is anti-American. To continue to contribute to the hate and ugly that happened to all of us today is anti-American. Why is anyone who claims to be an American creating more dissension? When did it become cute and popular to debase one own's family? To root against ourselves?

Last I looked America still claims to be "one nation under God for liberty and justice for all"...………………..family members died today at the hands of another family member.

What happened to showing respect and mourning and real concern for our family members...What good does instigating more anti-American hate accomplish?
Who was it that said "never let a crisis go to waste"? That mindset changed everything unfortunately. You can't grieve properly anymore because you have to look out for whoever is trying to use the situation to advance their agenda.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:16 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You're revealing quite a bit of animosity toward Jews, and I think it inappropriate in this thread, which is, after all, discussing the horrific murder of Jews simply for their religion.
Just explaining why someone might be driven to make the comments that were made in Charlottesville, which were alleged to be baseless...as I explained, they are not baseless, but rather something that the Jewish community believes is its religious duty and obligation to their Jewish identity to do.

"simply for their religion" cannot be the excuse any longer. A religion is nothing but opinions and beliefs....and when your belief inspires you to act aggressively towards other people, then you are going to have to deal with the consequences of your beliefs.

You can't just say "Well, those are my religious beliefs"....they're no different than any other belief. They are YOUR beliefs, and YOU are the only one responsible for having them. You have free will and can believe whatever you wish!

Old 10-27-2018, 05:16 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump has brought out the worst in us, all of us from one end of the political spectrum to the other. We ought to be ashamed at how we are debasing our once proud democracy and tolerant society.
Hey, I agree 100%, it's getting ugly out there. Fortunately, I don't run across people like you find here in my everyday life.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:19 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,226,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Nazis did not TARGET Christians. They killed 11 million people.

Six million were Jews.

The rest were:

homosexuals
priests
gypsies
people with mental or physical disabilities
communists
trade unionists
Jehovah’s Witnesses
anarchists
Poles and other Slavic peoples
resistance fighters
Nobody really knows the numbers of how many people were killed, how many were Jews or other groups....the point is some people died a long time ago, etc and so forth, and there are no Nazis today. There is no point in clinging to old grudges and myths and prophecies unless you have an agenda to promote. Obviously many people do.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:21 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Nobody really knows the numbers of how many people were killed, how many were Jews or other groups....the point is some people died a long time ago, etc and so forth, and there are no Nazis today. There is no point in clinging to old grudges and myths and prophecies unless you have an agenda to promote. Obviously many people do.
They’re doing called Neo-Nazis now, but you knew that. Stop covering for them.

Old 10-27-2018, 05:22 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Just explaining why someone might be driven to make the comments that were made in Charlottesville, which were alleged to be baseless...as I explained, they are not baseless, but rather something that the Jewish community believes is its religious duty and obligation to their Jewish identity to do.

"simply for their religion" cannot be the excuse any longer. A religion is nothing but opinions and beliefs....and when your belief inspires you to act aggressively towards other people, then you are going to have to deal with the consequences of your beliefs.

You can't just say "Well, those are my religious beliefs"....they're no different than any other belief. They are YOUR beliefs, and YOU are the only one responsible for having them. You have free will and can believe whatever you wish!
You weren't the one I was responding to. I was responding to the one who said that Jews could not be genuinely American, and was complaining that Jews want to have Menorahs on display if Christian holiday decorations are allowed.

But your post does show anti-Jew hostility, what with your "aggressive toward other people" and that we have "to deal with the consequences." If I didn't know better, it almost makes it sound like your are justifying the killer's shooting spree because Jews got what they deserved for being "aggressive."

Old 10-27-2018, 05:24 PM

1,261 posts, read 567,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That's not pushing their religion on other people. That's in response to Christians - you perhaps? - who want to see ONLY Christmas decorations all over the place. If Christians can put up their holiday decorations, surely Jews can put up theirs. What's the issue?
Oh yes they do all the time. Anything Christian in the government it gets challenged by Jews in the court, including the blue laws, Good Friday state holiday, Christmas as federal holiday, Nativity scenes and even Christmas trees at the airports.

Yes, I would like Christian only symbols when appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies