Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 09:39 AM

73,100 posts, read 62,737,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
FWIW --

I was born in 1953, moved to SoCal in 1963, and lived there for 30 years, so I was a teen in the "hippie era" and its associated liberalism. However, when I was a (Euro) white girl in a mostly working class high school from 1967-71, it was still understood -- at least in my school and community -- that it was "okay" for whites to date anyone they wanted except for blacks. It didn't matter if we were talking about Japanese, Middle Eastern, Mexican, or any other ancestry, but whites dating blacks was still frowned upon BIG time by everyone I knew personally who expressed an opinion about this.
Reading this as a Black man born in the mid-1980s, this is one of the reasons I would never want to go back in time to the 1960s. This really angered me. I take it personally because of who I am. My first thought was "Wow. Black people are looked down on far more than anyone else".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 11:41 AM

63,022 posts, read 29,229,874 times
When one says they'd like to return to the past whether is be the 60's, earlier or later than that it doesn't mean they want to return to any racism back then. But those with a chip on their shoulder will always take it that way. They can't think beyond racism.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
The American experience has become a horror story that’s about to get truly scary. The most blatantly sexually corrupt – and publicly reviled – woman in American political history remains just one heartbeat away from the presidency of the United States as the Obama team waits for the exact right moment to pull the plug on putative “President” Biden.
For some people, the American experience was always bad.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:06 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For some people, the American experience was always bad.
It's insignificant. Just more fake drama

There are no studies that suggest racism stops people from making it in life.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:08 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Reading this as a Black man born in the mid-1980s, this is one of the reasons I would never want to go back in time to the 1960s. This really angered me. I take it personally because of who I am. My first thought was "Wow. Black people are looked down on far more than anyone else".
I know. They are accused of not having the intelligence to get a voter ID or vote on time. Too dumb to compete so they Affirmative Action is needed. Plus when the birth parents never get together, the men are falsely accused of beating the birth mother as to the reason why.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:40 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,054,414 times
To be even handed, this is not necessarily a recent phenomenon.

Heeren, of the circle of Blumenbach, mentioned how the modern day euro nationalist identity groups originated as recently as the 15th century.

History of the Political System of Europe, and Its Colonies By Arnold Hermann Ludwig Heeren, p. 18.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:53 PM

38,033 posts, read 22,209,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
{snip}
This is history that needs to be discussed today now that being a discriminated minoirty is a protected status with benefits. Why, In the post-civil rights era, are there are so many minority groups? We have seen an explosion of new ethnic concepts that didn't exist historically. Where did modern identity politics come from?

How did we go from a black/white dichotomy to the notion of "people of color"?

Why are people of Spanish origin minorities today? Why do we even call people "hispanic" or "Latino"? A person with a Spanish surname is considered a minority today and gets called a "person of color" even if they're totally white. How did that happen?

If Chinese people were white in Alabama, why are they known as the "model minority" today?

These are questions that are politically relevant in all discussion of identity politics. It needs to be understood that we have minority groups today that were politically fabricated. They have also come up with victim narratives that no one alive back then seems to remember.
Simple, the Democratic Party needed voters, so they decided to rewrite history, by shouting the racist word long and hard at Republicans, and to divide people against each other. Simultaneously, the Democratic Party was setting themselves up as the saviors for POC. As if the dems were the only people who can keep the racist republican barbarians at the gates.

Old 08-04-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post

When black actress Lena Horne was starting her career in Hollywood in the 40s, the studios tried to get her to pass for white by saying that she was Latin.

Black people could pass for white by pretending to be Spanish, Cuban, or Latin.

Think of how ironic it is that today "Spanish" people are considered minorities on the same level as blacks.
I think about this. Blacks were basically banned from Major League Baseball until 1947. However, Mexicans, Native Americans, and Hawaiians were allowed in Major League Baseball. There was a reason the Negro Leagues existed. Cubans were allowed in Major League Baseball, as long as they were not considered Black. Black Cubans weren't allowed in Major League Baseball.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Greeks were not necessarily given white privilege:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-G...#United_States

In the 19th century, Irish and Germans were also not given the same privileges as Anglo-Saxons. During WWI, a German-Americans were even subject to physical violence, including lynching.
No they weren't at first. However, they would soon be considered White and allowed things that were denied to Blacks.

Old 08-05-2022, 02:09 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,054,414 times
Booker T. Washington wrote on the (of course not explicitly mentioned, highly probable nordic-) nationalist movements in the states of euro immigrants.

Alexis Hrdrickla was an eastern euro physical anthropologist 1st or 2nd euro hyphenated amerigo-man.

Even before the rise of nazism in europa (which stretched from the borders of the Stalinist Soviet state to the island of the englishman), Hrdrickla had an major influence on that region.

The Man Farthest Down: By Booker T. Washington; pgs. 225-226.

This time was one of what the globalists call "modernization", when the euro companymen, pirates & privateers were on the verge of becoming the trans-national neo-nazi cartels & multi-national fascists/corporatists of today & the descendants of the former & their coloured concubines & slaver sidekicks from the man-children became virtually obsolete (of course this did not in any way shape or form, deter the latter from aping & imitating the former, as one can clearly see today, again the latter despise being coloured & will side with the nazis & worship nordicism).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies