Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2018, 12:56 PM

8,095 posts, read 10,132,428 times

Advertisements

No love for Acosta (whose gift to mankind is he?), but when you are questioning the Dotard and SHS it is not easy. Both of them are well documented liars who act holier than thou while uttering all sorts of unbelievable nonsense.

Any attempt to get honest information from them is going to sound hostile. Just what they want. Once the questioning gets tough, the duo can stomp their feet and say they are being picked on, and claim the press is mean. All part of the Trump strategy.

Like him or not, if you don't stand up for the freedom of the press, the consequences are going to be even harder on you. If you think he is up there standing up for you/your 'rights', the surprise may knock you over.

And when they came for me.... (look it up...you'll see what happens).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 12:57 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,874,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Most aspiring authoritarians would.
I think the media should not show up to any of his briefings or talk at all about what he's doing. We have a lot more positive things we could be reporting on in this country, reporting on people who actually care about others and what they're doing to help. I think we are focused on politics too much. It's getting tiresome.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:01 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,308,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It really IS that simple.

Acosta asks tough questions, and when Trump answers with BS, Acosta asks tougher follow up questions to challenge Trump's lies.

Donald isn't used to being challenged and normally just says whatever he wants without being challenged.

Trump is still having a tough time realizing that being POTUS is a lot different than being a private ciziten CEO.

Everything you say as POTUS will be fact-checked. Tro lies so much and Acosta challenges him on those lies.

THAT is why Trump and city-Data Trump supporters hate Jim Acosta SO much.
^This is the simple truth. It’s also why I adore Jim Acosta.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,691,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No, not really. Acosta can shout from the rooftop of CNN HQ all he wants, he can speak whatever he wants, just not WHEREever he wants
So, I think I finally understand the logic. Acosta Asking Trump to clarify his statements that Soros is funding the Caravan and the caravan is an invasion of criminals and terrorists that will overwhelm our borders is really no different than yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater and is against the first amendment and should be banned.

Thanks for the constitutional clarification Electric Light Orchestra. Everything is much clearer now.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:04 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,871,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Personally I think all media should ignore Trump and not talk about him at all.

O-M-G ME TOO, then America would be LIBERATED from him....because HE WOULD HAVE A TOTAL MELTDOWN!

Old 11-16-2018, 01:04 PM

3,100 posts, read 1,571,651 times
Easy to deal with the likes of crappy reporterslike Acosta- dont call on them. They arent worth the time.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:07 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,871,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Easy to deal with the likes of crappy reporterslike Acosta- dont call on them. They arent worth the time.

Trump isn't worth ANY Reporter's time to even ask him anything, or even to let him spew his INSANE NONSENSE!

Old 11-16-2018, 01:08 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,691,272 times
Quote:
I think the media should not show up to any of his briefings or talk at all about what he's doing. We have a lot more positive things we could be reporting on in this country, reporting on people who actually care about others and what they're doing to help. I think we are focused on politics too much. It's getting tiresome.
To be fair though, the disgust and revulsion of Trump and his policies as reported in detail by the press is probably what was responsible for the largest turnout of Democratic voters in a midterm in 75 years. The truth, even in the face of trump's propaganda, was able to overwhelm The Trump juggernaut and the republicans who have lost their backbone. We now control the nation's purse and the nation's administrative investigative body.
The free press has the job of discrediting and exposing lies and untruths from our leaders. Or at least get explanations of specious statements made by leaders with no basis in fact. As it says in WaPo's header, "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
Only in autocratic nations is the press limited to good news.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:10 PM

42,026 posts, read 75,450,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Oh, that's rich.
I spit my lunch all over my keyboard when I read that! LOl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The other leftist journalist in the room ask tough questions. Jimbo is a shill who wants to debate and scream out his opinion. Acosta is an attention prostitute, among other things.
Your paragraph makes no sense. Are you saying there is another "leftist journalist" in the White House press room? If Jim Acosta is a shill, what is he selling? And how does asking questions of the president result in being an "attention prostitute"? How else do you get the president to answer your questions, other than getting his attention?

Curious ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Cancel press briefings and put out press releases. Interviews given only to journalists and others who ask fair questions and are not abusive. CNN might have hire some new people.
Who defines "fair"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Judge has no authority over the White House.....
Perhaps you're not familiar with the checks and balances system that is one of the bedrocks of the federal government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You are making patently untrue claims here. The judge restored his pass temporarily on the grounds that he did not receive due process. The Constitition isn’t really involved in that decision. The White House has rules that must be followed to revoke a press pass and they didn’t follow them. That’s what was decided. Not any 1A issues.
Due process is a Constitutional issue, but others have argued that truth better than I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This is all about Acosta making a name for himself lol.
He made a name for himself a long time ago. Where have you been?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well if so he took his cue from liberals who every day throw temper tantrums, and insult people. Democrats don't like it when people fight back obviously. Trump is supposed to cower and take the abuse.
Trump throws his own tantrums and insults reporters on almost a daily basis. Sometimes you need to fight fire with fire - or, in Trump's case, bring yourself down to his level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
In fact, it was Mr. Acosta's recent actions that actively prevented other members of the Free Press from exercising their rights and executing their duties on the behalf of both their employers and the American People..
He did not stop any other reporters from asking questions; as has been documented already, plenty of other reporters asked questions - and follow-up questions - during that press conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Since when is someone entitled access to the White Hoise?
When they present their credentials from a legitimate news organization and satisfy the White House's background checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
A person has freedom of speech in most situations but they do not have the automatic right to enter most buildings without invitation and report on anything they want to. They must be asked to come in.
See above.

When I was in college, I interned in Washington one summer through a journalism think tank that no longer exists. I worked at the State Department, the White House, and the Capitol. The first time I attended press briefings at the State Department and the White House, I had to present my credentials and a boatload of personal information I forget how many days ahead of time, and wait for approval. This was in addition to the information I had to supply to each department as part of my internship application, which I know was supplied to the White House but I'm not sure about the others.

I was not asked to come in; I asked for approval to come in.

Likewise, when presidents Reagan and Bush 41 came to the town in which I was working as a member of the press, I had to gain clearance ahead of time by supplying voluminous documents and presenting my professional credentials in order to be in the press pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
people calm down......this was temporary. The Judge still has to rule on the case and explain how Acosta's free speech and due process were violated which he hasn't done. Once he opens up to that the SC will overturn him.
The Supreme Court won't give this the time of day. If I'm wrong, I'll acknowledge that when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The reporters are there to "report" not have a dialog/debate.
Asking questions and follow-up questions often does lead to debate. It's the nature of the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The Free Press portion of the First Amendment doesn't guarantee access to the President.

If that were the case, then thousands of journalists across the country could sue , claiming their rights are being violated because they aren't granted access.
Any journalist can request access to the White House press corps. It's not likely that a reporter from the Small Town Times will gain access, but anyone can ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Then acosta should be seated in the back of the room. He should NEVER be given a microphone again. He should never be called upon to ask a question. He should never be responded to in any way, not even if his shirt is on fire. ALL CNN flaks should join him in the back row. If any of them stands up before the press conference is finished, they should be told by the Secret Service to "Sit down and shut up or leave the room!"
No, I do not believe the President (or anybody else) has any duty under the Constitution or any of the Amendments to recognize their existence in any way.
The president and his/her staff have the duty to treat each reporter equally. Your scenario does nothing of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
At least Acosta should respect the OFFICE if not the man

His actions disrespect the OFFICE of the POTUS and exactly why he shouldn't be permanently banned
At least the president should respect the REPORTER if not the man.

The president's actions disrespect the REPORTER.

See how that works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The Department of Labor should file charges against Acosta. It's a violation of US Labor Law for a male to use physical force/intimidation to prevent a female from doing her job.
OMG, give it up already. You're embarrassing yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Someone is #Triggered
LMAO!

Last edited by Ohiogirl81; 11-16-2018 at 01:21 PM..

Old 11-16-2018, 01:11 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,296,751 times
Quote:
Personally I think all media should ignore Trump and not talk about him at all.

but their ratings would go down....that means they finally have to report news, something they don't like and have low ratings.....what would CNN do without Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies