Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2018, 01:13 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,538,057 times

Advertisements

Speaking of the president, Kelly said, “Certainly he need not ever call on Mr. Acosta again, but...the government must provide Mr. Acosta due process.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-acosta-995512
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 01:25 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,538,057 times
“Today, the court made clear there is no absolute right to access the White House. In response to the court, we will temporarily reinstate the reporter’s hard pass. We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future. There must be decorum in the White House,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said about the ruling.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...bacle-n2536092
Very good. This should have been done at least a year ago. It is good to see it being done now. Finally.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:29 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,681,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Trump only wants people who are going to ask him easy, safe, nice and praising questions. The fact is, journalists should be asking the hard questions. They are doing a job asking the questions that most Americans want answers to. If trump can’t handle the pressure he shouldn’t be president.
I agree, just another form of checks and balances.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:32 PM

12,978 posts, read 9,681,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump's own hand picked and appointed attorney rules against him. Props to the judge for following the Constitution.
I know, right? Trump lost this little petty battle, that he didn't have to have.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:34 PM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I know, right? Trump lost this little petty battle, that he didn't have to have.
I wouldn't count on this quite yet. I doubt Acosta will come out the winner on this one.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:35 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Personally I think all media should ignore Trump and not talk about him at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
O-M-G ME TOO, then America would be LIBERATED from him....because HE WOULD HAVE A TOTAL MELTDOWN!
^this is particularly hilarious coming from a poster who obsesses over trump 24/7 and posts about him incessantly...

Old 11-16-2018, 01:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
So, I think I finally understand the logic. Acosta Asking Trump to clarify his statements that Soros is funding the Caravan and the caravan is an invasion of criminals and terrorists that will overwhelm our borders is really no different than yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater and is against the first amendment and should be banned.

Thanks for the constitutional clarification Electric Light Orchestra. Everything is much clearer now.
He didn't ask anything. He was debating the president, arguing that the caravan is not an invasion. That's not a question. And what if Trump doesn't give him a question? Is he gonna go back to court over this?

Old 11-16-2018, 02:12 PM

9,484 posts, read 5,262,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Trump only wants people who are going to ask him easy, safe, nice and praising questions. The fact is, journalists should be asking the hard questions. They are doing a job asking the questions that most Americans want answers to. If trump can’t handle the pressure he shouldn’t be president.
Now, that is simply NOT true.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:18 PM

Well....they could end the briefings.
They could draw up their rules, have everyone sign a copy so they know what they are, and then 86 anyone who doesn't comply with the rules. (That seems to be what the judge was alluding to in his ruling.)
Communications personnel could walk out if the press gets obnoxious. (Trump alluded to this. Just walk away. "thanks for coming.")
They could put Acosta in the back in a corner and never call on him again.
They could put him up front as usual and never call on him again.
Or, they could only call on him (I heard this on the radio and thought it was great LOL) and let the rest of the reporters just sit there.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I think the media should not show up to any of his briefings or talk at all about what he's doing. We have a lot more positive things we could be reporting on in this country, reporting on people who actually care about others and what they're doing to help. I think we are focused on politics too much. It's getting tiresome.
Could you name a few things for us? the people who "actually care about others and what they are doing to help." I'd love to hear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies