Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 05:38 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
As much as I think Trump is a terrible person, I will say that no one can deny that he's a hard worker who's achieved a lot for himself.
I would say he was more of a "right place, right time" success story. I'm sure there was a little bit of business savvy on his part, sure, but with connections and money to begin with lots of people could end up looking like business geniuses. His father Fred Trump was more of a self made-made man if I'm not mistaken. Donald was the lucky right place right time guy, and then his older sons are basically a couple of do-nothings who won the genetic lottery. Either one of them would be lucky to be selling Mercedes Benzes or Rolex watches for a living to wealthy New Yorkers if they hadn't been born Trumps. (Ivanka seems to be the sharp one out of all of them.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 05:51 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
We want Nancy Pelosi. She’s a known entity that we can work with. The fact that many in her own party don’t like her is an added bonus.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I think that is a misconception a lot of you left end folks have. I can't speak for everyone, but it has never been about not liking or liking anyone personally for me. I have no opinion on any politician, right or left, on a personal level. There is nothing to like or dislike personally unless I have some personal contact with each of them. What I either like, dislike, or hate is their political and social *philosophy*, and what they actually enact as law, based upon that philosophy.

On the other hand, I don't really think it is like that with many leftists--they DO like or dislike (or hate) personally. Take Trump, for instance. It's personal. Leftist rarely talk about what he has enacted as law or his economic policies--and if they do, it seems to be secondary. What I hear mostly is how boorish or uncouth he is or his speech or mannerisms. All personal. For me, I don't really care about any of that. What I care about is what he is doing or not doing that affects me (and the citizenry) personally. I don't care if he grunts like an ape and swings from the chandeliers in the White House. That is of no consequence to me.

It's good you are so high -minded.

Do you suppose that right wing posters on this forum are thinking about policy when they call her an old hag?

Old 11-17-2018, 06:46 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
And why wouldn't Trump say that? He has always respected people that have achieved success through education, hard work and good old smarts. Nancy Pelosi and even Hillary have achieved amazing success in what until recently has been a mans world of politics in DC.

Some people just don't get Trump. He tells it like it is. He is honest with the problems that America faces such as border security and he is slammed by the Left. He says something positive about a political rival and he gets slammed by the Left for it.

The guy can't get any credit from his detractors.

I don't like Pelosi and I cant stand Hillary but you know something I would give them credit for what they have achieved.
The only problem with border security is congress's refusal to pass a comprehensive immigration reform bill and the president to sign it.
That's the only real problem with our border security.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:19 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
Oh please. He’s just saying all this fake nicey-nicey b.s. to blunt any impeachment talks and tax investigations among her and the Dems, lol.

But really, haven’t you guys learned? He alternates his likes and dislikes for ppl like some kind of a schizophrenic nut. I’ll give it about a month or two before he plunges a knife in her back while telling everyone how “not very smart” she is and how she’s “a terrible person.” He’ll even deny ever complimenting her at all (despite it being on record).

Please.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
After all, only the Democrats in the House will vote for the Speaker. The Republicans have no say, unless they switch parties, I guess. Hence, Mr. Trump's assertion that he will get votes for Ms. Pelosi is, well, stupid.
Trump has no clue how it works and doesn't ask anyone either.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:25 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Trump dangling carrots. Nothing to see here. Read "Art of The Deal"

Old 11-17-2018, 08:42 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We want Nancy Pelosi. She’s a known entity that we can work with. The fact that many in her own party don’t like her is an added bonus.
She's actually a moderate lefty now.
She hasn't changed; the rest of the party just went goofy left.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:14 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post

Ewww. Can't believe he just said that.

I can. Just a ploy to divide the Democrats.

Old 12-29-2018, 11:29 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Trump has no clue how it works and doesn't ask anyone either.
He is supposed to be really smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies