Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 02:26 PM

251 posts, read 148,397 times

Advertisements

Oh please. He’s just saying all this fake nicey-nicey b.s. to blunt any impeachment talks and tax investigations among her and the Dems, lol.

But really, haven’t you guys learned? He alternates his likes and dislikes for ppl like some kind of a schizophrenic nut. I’ll give it about a month or two before he plunges a knife in her back while telling everyone how “not very smart” she is and how she’s “a terrible person.” He’ll even deny ever complimenting her at all (despite it being on record).

Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 02:34 PM

251 posts, read 148,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Now his followers will go from bashing her daily to high praises because Trump said it.
This was exactly my thought as well. We already see it brewing in this very thread.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:34 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
Oh please. He’s just saying all this fake nicey-nicey b.s. to blunt any impeachment talks and tax investigations among her and the Dems, lol.

But really, haven’t you guys learned? He alternates his likes and dislikes for ppl like some kind of a schizophrenic nut. I’ll give it about a month or two before he plunges a knife in her back while telling everyone how “not very smart” she is and how she’s “a terrible person.” He’ll even deny ever complimenting her at all (despite it being on record).

Please.
He also knows that Pelosi is more likely to emphasize legislative accomplishments over investigations and impeachment, something the young progressives of the party would not.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:53 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,009,189 times
Yes likely Trump is trying to blunt in advance the tsunami of investigations that some Democrats have threatened.

But Pelosi is both tough and smart. I remember during the budget negotiations with Boehner & Biden, one of the Obama people said "she is nails." Can't remember exactly whom, I think it may have been Gene Sperling.

Anyway, flattery works best when it has an element of truth, and Trump is smart to say this.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:00 PM

17,780 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
And why wouldn't Trump say that? He has always respected people that have achieved success through education, hard work and good old smarts.
This is such a monstrous lie I'm surprised we haven't actually heard Trump say this.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:03 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
He really doesn't want old nasty Nancy to be speaker, LOl. Hes outsmarting Liberals, once again. He's exploiting the seething hate from the left. Whatever he approves of he knows the Democrats will resist and try to do the total opposite. This will create tension within the Democratic party, as intended in his approval of Pelosi.

Just watch this play out, LOl.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:43 PM

25,705 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Now his followers will go from bashing her daily to high praises because Trump said it.
Very doubtful. Her stances are already clear. Nothing Trump says is going to change that.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:47 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
As much as I think Trump is a terrible person, I will say that no one can deny that he's a hard worker who's achieved a lot for himself.
Well, I'm raising my hand.

If he would have invested his inheritance in an index fund he'd have 4X or more the net worth AND would not have taken investors, taxpayers, banks and contractors for billions.

If he would have invested with Warren Buffet, he'd have 150 BILLION plus, or 40 to 50X his net worth (he was at zero, but with Russian help he may be up to 3-4 Billion).....

To anyone with a lick of economic sense, he is a loser with a capital L.

Even if we "play pretend" and say he made money (but he didn't, by ANY measure), his buildings and his taste suck... "Trump Design" is basically a rectangle, or in the case of his biggest Failure (Trump Taj Majal) a rectangle with a bunch of fake pillars and neon lights on the bottom floors.

Not only would I disavow your "no one can deny", but I would say that the vast majority of even slightly educated people could do vastly better. Put it in the S&P and you will leave him in the dust.

It does take some talent to make that little out of that much, but that isn't something to look up to.

I'll be glad to share some of the numbers with you...unless you have already made up your mind and don't want the facts.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:48 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Yes likely Trump is trying to blunt in advance the tsunami of investigations that some Democrats have threatened.

But Pelosi is both tough and smart. I remember during the budget negotiations with Boehner & Biden, one of the Obama people said "she is nails." Can't remember exactly whom, I think it may have been Gene Sperling.

Anyway, flattery works best when it has an element of truth, and Trump is smart to say this.
Somehow I think Nancy isn't moved by such things. When you've heard as much BS as Trump pumps out it's really hard to say "hey, that means something".

Pelosi knows Trump much better than Trump knows Trump.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:55 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,588,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Pelosi is indeed smart. She's married to an investment banker and has held a very high rank in the democratic party for a long time.

Now I may not like how she's drug the democratic party down and is hugely unpopular but well, she is one of the major conduits of corporate money to the democrats.

Not my issue, I have no say in democratic or republican leadership decisions so enjoy!
And this is precisely why the Democrats are actually more poisonous to the country than the Republicans. The Democrats smile and promise this and that, pretending they care about average Americans while they slip the knife into your back and do the bidding of the corporations and big money interest just like the Republicans do. At least the Republicans are halfway honest about how they don't give a crap about Joe six-pack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies