Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 04:47 PM

51,735 posts, read 26,035,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
LOL, the man who campaigned partly on the whole law and order scheme, seems to want law and order, for everyone but himself.
Strange, eh?

Old 12-03-2018, 04:50 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,947,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Any lawyer that testifies on his client is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad guy. Cohen is a rat, you can look up rat in the dictionary and you will see his face.

If I were Trump, I would look to sue him kingdom come when the dust settles - for anything and everything. In fact - provided if he truly has as much money as he claims - I'd just make it my personal mission to have my lawyers sue him everyday of the week until he bankrupts or dies.

Your "rat" analogy is very fitting. Trump is so similar to a Mafia head that anyone who rats on him is somehow the bad guy !

Cohen has no choice, legally, or to save his own butt as much as he can. He attempted to lie and divert, but Mueller knew the truth and held his feet to the fire until he fessed up. Same with Manafort and Stone.

What I find amusing is how Trump LOVED Cohen just a few months ago, and suddenly, how he thinks he is the liar from Hell. Methinks Trump sees his world collapsing around him and can't figure out how to minimize the damage.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:51 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,524,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
As a known liar, unless there is specific corroboration of his claims, nothing that he says can be trusted to be the truth!

legally speaking, this isn't true. i served as a jury foreman this past year and remember the judge specifically going over this topic in closing instructions. the judge specifically said that we do not have to believe a witness' complete testimony to believe parts of it are true. it's our job as a juror to make our own decision what is believable.

that being said, i do believe the evidence will support cohen's current testimony since it was given after his recordings/emails were confiscated.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:52 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,276,729 times
Quote:
Any lawyer that testifies on his client is a bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad guy. Cohen is a rat, you can look up rat in the dictionary and you will see his face.

If I were Trump, I would look to sue him kingdom come when the dust settles - for anything and everything. In fact - provided if he truly has as much money as he claims - I'd just make it my personal mission to have my lawyers sue him everyday of the week until he bankrupts or dies.
So when was he a rat? During his decade+ long career working for Trump, and helping facilitate shady deeds, or a rat after he got caught up in it and decided to obey the law?

Only the best people, folks. Believe me.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:54 PM

2,362 posts, read 784,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
So when was he a rat? During his decade+ long career working for Trump, and helping facilitate shady deeds, or a rat after he got caught up in it and decided to obey the law?

Only the best people, folks. Believe me.
A rat is always a rat but sometimes it takes a situation like this to expose their true nature to the people around them.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
A rat is always a rat ....

i'm not going to argue that cohen's main motivation to come clean is to save his own butt, but.......... i don't think you're doing the trump family any favors using mafia slang when there's the distinct possibility they may be fighting some RICO charges in the near future.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:09 PM

2,362 posts, read 784,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm not going to argue that cohen's main motivation to come clean is to save his own butt, but.......... i don't think you're doing the trump family any favors using mafia slang when there's the distinct possibility they may be fighting some RICO charges in the near future.
Let's not pretend like I'm representing the trumps in any capacity (either legal or pr) or that you have any idea what's going on with the mueller investigation. Rat is my opinion on what cohen is, because that's what he is. When you serve someone, take their money, and make a living off them, when that person trusts you with their secrets - you don't do what he did.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Status: "Trump is the BLOAT...Biggest Loser of All Time!" (set 12 days ago)

5,789 posts, read 3,623,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yep, more witness tampering from the NO-IQ-MORON!
That segues perfectly into this story
Trump’s latest tweets cross clear lines, experts say: Obstruction of justice and witness tampering

Quote:
President Trump took to Twitter Monday morning, haranguing special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and witnesses to his ongoing Russia investigation. His tweets have become a common morning occurrence, particularly in recent weeks. But legal experts are calling Monday’s missives a newsworthy development that amounts to evidence of obstructing justice.

Trump’s first statement went after Michael Cohen, his former personal attorney who pleaded guilty last week for lying to Congress about the president’s real estate project in Russia. In his tweet, Trump alleged that Cohen lied to Mueller and called for a severe penalty, demanding that his former fixer “serve a full and complete sentence.”
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...13383622803456
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...14615510859776

Quote:
After the overt attack on Cohen came a tweet encouraging Roger Stone, a longtime adviser to Trump, not to become a witness against him:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...19316319035392
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...21305245409281

Quote:
Norman Eisen, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution, said that the most striking thing about Monday was that there were two statements in proximity.

“It comes very close to the statutory definition of witness tampering,” he said. “It’s a mirror image of the first tweet, only he’s praising a witness for not cooperating with the implication of reward,” he said, adding that Trump has pardon power over Stone.

“We’re so used to President Trump transgressing norms in his public declarations,” Eisen said, “but he may have crossed the legal line.”

Old 12-03-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Rat is my opinion on what cohen is, because that's what he is.

well, he now gets to join the ranks with henry hill and sammy gravano.

Old 12-03-2018, 05:42 PM

8,594 posts, read 7,008,872 times
I thought Consiglieres were supposed to commit suicide rather than rat out the Godfather. Is there no code of honor in the Mafia anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies