Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 05:54 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,952,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I thought Consiglieres were supposed to commit suicide rather than rat out the Godfather. Is there no code of honor in the Mafia anymore?
Trump has always been a Mafia wanna-be. He used to rub shoulders with the Mob in New York, and Cohen's connections to the Russian mob and his family's connections to the American Mob made him a perfect fit.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:09 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,490,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post

If I were Trump, I would look to sue him kingdom come when the dust settles - for anything and everything. In fact - provided if he truly has as much money as he claims - I'd just make it my personal mission to have my lawyers sue him everyday of the week until he bankrupts or dies.
Well, you just described Trump to a 'T': Petty and vengeful, abusing the court system (which Trump doesn't pay taxes to support) to destroy people. Trump the reprobate.

Michael Cohen knows all about this, he did the dirty legwork for Trump and knows the risks. Cohen also knows that Trump cannot pardon him for state crimes, so Trump can't keep him under wraps with implied promises of help like those other weasels expect to get.

Besides, in his condition and age I am guessing Trump will not live long enough to either help Cohen nor hurt Cohen any further. Cohen must be thinking of that.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:48 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,963,504 times
Quote:
This is getting tiresome and essentially comes down to if a)Cohen committed (knowingly a crime) b)and several other nuances which are above your paygrade. The key that is not changing is Cohen is a rat, and a terrible person.
So to you a gang member who rats on his gang to law enforcement is doing a bad thing? Do you think Trump should put a contract hit out on Cohen, as is the custom for a gangster when they discover one of their own is a rat?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Trump is the kind of person who would be capable of such a thing.
After all, his business empire was financed in large part by Russian mafia money.

Old 12-03-2018, 11:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,252,986 times
Quote:
A rat is always a rat but sometimes it takes a situation like this to expose their true nature to the people around them.
You mean the nature of preserving their own well being, and turning the tables on someone who they previously devoted 10+ years to, bad mouthing you when he gets pinched?

This situation is proving that Trump values loyalty, above all else, especially the law and order he campaigned for.

Old 12-04-2018, 01:40 AM

2,362 posts, read 781,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You mean the nature of preserving their own well being, and turning the tables on someone who they previously devoted 10+ years to, bad mouthing you when he gets pinched?

This situation is proving that Trump values loyalty, above all else, especially the law and order he campaigned for.
Most decent human beings understand on a visceral, personal level why their lawyers ratting to law enforcement is so morally repulsive. But I can see you're not a decent human being. Anyways, carry on.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:07 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,471,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump is currently attacking cohen for coming forward and telling the truth* and praising roger stone for not coming forward with the truth. this doesn't surprise me on trump's part but what does surprise me is that evangelical christians still give trump their absolute support. this is the antithesis of one of the very core beliefs of christianity and yet...... here we are.

* ( it's already being supported by revised statements from russian officials and i do believe it will be supported by the evidence when released )
No real surprise about evangelicals. In their own mythology the antichrist is suppose to fool most of them.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:23 AM

1,805 posts, read 1,471,312 times
Quote:
Most decent human beings understand on a visceral, personal level why their lawyers ratting to law enforcement is so morally repulsive. But I can see you're not a decent human being. Anyways, carry on.
Most decent human beings ascribe to the theory of "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime." Of course if your life is built on years of lying, grifting, and weaseling your way out of living up to your obligations that lets you out of being thought of as being a decent human being. So all those who might think the Donald is a decent human being should know better.

Old 12-04-2018, 02:25 AM

2,362 posts, read 781,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Most decent human beings ascribe to the theory of "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime." Of course if your life is built on years of lying, grifting, and weaseling your way out of living up to your obligations that lets you out of being thought of as being a decent human being. So all those who might think the Donald is a decent human being should know better.
This is all separate from your lawyer betraying your personal trust and running to law enforcement. But a decent human being understands this, if you don't understand it, you're not a decent human being. This is fundamental.

And as an aside, I hate the idea of people doing "time" for financial crimes and other white collar crimes. Financial crimes need to be punished with fines, not prison time. But this is completely off topic.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:37 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,444,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
attorney/client privilege is waived if an illegal act is being committed.

that used to be cohen's job.

Does that apply to Hillary's delete team (Cheryl Mills, Heather Samuelson and David Kendall) ?

Maryland judge orders ethics investigation of Hillary Clinton lawyers over deleted emails

Old 12-04-2018, 04:56 AM

27,365 posts, read 13,612,341 times
According to the recent news reports I have read Mueller is getting ready to close in on Trump.

The Mueller investigation is closing in on Trump | The Guardian

'Mueller knows a lot': Manafort and Cohen moves put Trump in line of fire | The Guardian

Mueller prosecutors 'tying up loose ends' as Trump-Russia investigation nears endgame - The Independent

Trump-Russia: Five big things Mueller is looking at - BBC News

Trump Russia: What (else) we've just learnt about Mueller probe - BBC News

Last edited by Brave New World; 12-04-2018 at 05:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies