Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 12:51 PM

7,779 posts, read 6,392,491 times

Advertisements

Only been to Dick's once, won't be going there again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 03:39 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Plenty (tons) of stuff to do outside that doesn't involve shooting animals.

Focus on that.

Why do you have to shot animals? I've been shooting now for about 15 years and I have not come close to shooting any animal. Now paper, oh I've killed a crap ton of paper....

Focus on that.

Old 12-09-2018, 03:41 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Plenty (tons) of stuff to do outside that doesn't involve shooting animals.

Focus on that.
Do you eat grocery store meat?

Old 12-09-2018, 03:50 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,281,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Dicks stock price has been flat or increasing since the announcement in early 2018.

Their stock plunge occurred prior to that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dick...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I see no compelling evidence that this has materially hurt them financially.

P.S. I'm pro-gun. But facts are facts. If anyone cares to discuss this rationally, I'm all ears.
I agree. Most buyers don't buy guns at Dick's or alike. I was at a large local gunshop today. It was packed and selling guns briskly. Try the gun department at Dicks. It's crickets. They can take donw the gun section and nobody would miss it.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I always get confused when I hear someone is "into the outdoors"... And they mean hunting. And I mean backpacking, hiking, booking, climbing, photographing it...

Everyone has their own definition, glad you have the ability to understand that, so why or how could you be confused?

Old 12-09-2018, 04:20 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Do you eat grocery store meat?
I don't eat meat.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:21 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Everyone has their own definition, glad you have the ability to understand that, so why or how could you be confused?
Same happens in reverse when they realize I have no interest in hunting or fishing.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Same happens in reverse when they realize I have no interest in hunting or fishing.

No, not really. You like the outdoors so you can backpack, hike, booking, climbing, and photographing it.

Good for you, I don't get confused, and many more also do not get confused, so why are you confused that people like the "outdoors" in a different way?

What is "booking"?

Here, I like Ford autos, I don't like Dodge....still an automobile...

Old 12-09-2018, 05:14 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
Quote:
I don't eat meat.

That's sad.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:55 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
anybody that the anti gun liberal person that thinks someone that owns a gun, doesnt have to be in their procession, it can be lock up in the safe
While your sentence makes very little sense, I think I get the gist...

So no, you are already wrong as I am the one who said gun nut and I am NOT anti gun, nor do I mean all gun owners when I say gun nut.

But start with...

Gun Nut...a person who believes that anyone who says the words "gun control" means we're coming to take all your guns away so you better go stock up now.

Gun Nut...a person who deflects all reasoning for gun violence to anything and everything other than admitting that ease of access is one part of the problem

Gun Nut...anyone who can't seem to have a conversation without bringing up guns

Gun Nut...anyone opposed to ANY regulations r.e. guns, who believes that everyone should just be able to walk in and buy as many guns as they choose with no background check, no training, no anything ( I suppose I have a different idea of what well regulated militia might mean)

Gun Nut...if you are worried that background checks might prevent you from owning a gun, you just might not be a "good guy with a gun" after all

Gun Nut...someone who gets gleeful everytime they believe a "good guy with a gun" shot a bad guy (even if said "bad guy" didn't even have a gun and wasn't a threat to your life)

Gun Nut is NOT just anyone who owns a gun or carries one for work

My interpretation of the 2nd amendment may be different, but I am not opposed to it despite having no interest in guns or hunting. There is nothing wrong with feeling safer with a gun in your house, nothing wrong with enjoying shooting guns at a range, nothing wrong with legit self defense, nothing wrong with hunting. Gun owners can be reasonable, or not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies