Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 06:59 PM

1,874 posts, read 821,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Starbucks didn't acount for the increase of heroin use during the Trump presidency.
some people refuse to acknowledge TDS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 07:01 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,588,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
I've never been in one with dirty needles lying around. Would you be okay of your son or daughter came home and told you their job included picking up used needles and cleaning excrement?
Cleaning feces from a restroom is part of any job that has restrooms in the establishment. Not fun but oh well, most of us have had to do it at one point or another. As far as used needles, let’s park the hysteria, ok?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:11 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,790,157 times
The H*** I'm going to use the same bathroom with another guy! I don't care what surgery he had....

I think this sets up for perverts to go into the woman's bathroom to catch a peek at the her tight panties or other nefarious intentions.

Keep Men, Women's and Family restrooms only. Forget the He-male or She-male stalls..

Old 12-17-2018, 07:13 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,657,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The H*** I'm going to use the same bathroom with another guy! I don't care what surgery he had....

I think this sets up for perverts to go into the woman's bathroom to catch a peek at the her tight panties or other nefarious intentions.

Keep Men, Women's and Family restrooms only. Forget the He-male or She-male stalls..
So you never use the facilities at small businesses that have only one restroom for everybody?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

What?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:21 PM

2,448 posts, read 898,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You’ve never seen a sharps container in a restroom? Never been in a restroom that wasn’t sparkling clean?
You're going with that? This is an especially pathetic performance. I'm not overly moved about this story, but you're comparing used IV needles from junkies on the floor to a sharps container? Satire?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
You're going with that? This is an especially pathetic performance. I'm not overly moved about this story, but you're comparing used IV needles from junkies on the floor to a sharps container? Satire?
Do used needles go into sharps containers? Yes, they do.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:37 PM

2,448 posts, read 898,304 times
Quote:
Do used needles go into sharps containers? Yes, they do.
I tried. I really did.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:43 PM

21,495 posts, read 10,617,936 times
Quote:
Are you new to the concept of public restrooms?
Wow, are you listening to yourself? You’re actually defending junkies shooting up in Starbucks bathrooms and leaving their possibly HIV or Hepatitis infected needles lying around?

Old 12-18-2018, 04:00 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,311,369 times
So the story is about Starbucks in the Seattle area. Are these same things going on in other public spaces? Malls, Department stores, other fast food joints? Probably so.

I live in the downtown area of a big city, that has a Starbucks on the ground floor of my building. What made me mad about changes in policy was, they had some outdoor seating (sidewalk tables) were the tables were once marked "Starbucks Customers Only". They removed those signs and now the homeless are often found sitting at those tables, as well as other non-customers, preventing their own customers from doing so.

I am all good with establishments restricting their use of facilities to it's customers only, but at the same time, in my city anyways, it can be quite difficult for those out enjoying a stroll finding a bathroom to use.

On another note, I live in the city that stirred up this controversy and there are some that believe that entire incident was a set-up. Probably will never no for sure, but was unfortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies