Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Supporter: What would you think if there is no border wall in 2020?
I would not care as long as President Trump told me it is no longer an issue 1 14.29%
I never supported the wall anyway- don't care 3 42.86%
I would be very angry that he was not able to build the wall 3 42.86%
I know nothing about a border wall 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 03:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Hmmm, I wonder if Trump will donate? Probably not.
He donates his salary each quarter for being president, I bet he does.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:47 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
So the most powerful man in the world needs a bunch of fox news hacks telling him what to do? Sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
SAD, very SAD. HUGELY sad.

Nope, he was trying to do the right thing....not sad....not even close...and do you think it was just fox news hacks....that is SAD...SAD....HUGELY SAD..................

Old 12-20-2018, 03:48 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Suits me. As long as I don't have to pay for it.

But you don' t mind paying the over $100 billion a year that illegal immigration costs us?

Old 12-20-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
His campaign promise was that MEXICO was going to pay for the wall, not US taxpayers. He said it hundreds of times at his rallies and all his followers would chant back to him that MEXICO would pay for the wall. He's a deal-maker, don't ya know.

Imagine how far $5 billion would go to house homeless veterans.

Oh, BTW, most drugs come in via crates in ships. But we all know he and his followers just don't want "those" people here. It's not even about illegal immigrants anymore, the white nationalists don't want ANY immigration. Because, you know, it's "those" people.

Congress just gave mexico 10 billion.....what you say about that?

Oh and lookie RACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Old 12-20-2018, 03:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. I can find others. It was just the first one, and one that folks like you might approve of. But hey you want to be taken in by someone feel free. This is hilarious for me to watch, and honestly the more money fools give to this grifter, the less they will have for the gop grifters.

Please, feel free to donate more!

I haven't donated anything. I'm just asking a question. You can't ridicule a site in one post when you don't like the content and then link to it to support something you're posting in the next without raising a few eyebrows.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:52 PM

17 illegal criminals are caught at the border daily...those are the ones who are caught....why do the anti wall people want that in our country? Maybe the one who get though, you'll give them a nice room and a cup of coffee.....

Spoiler
The term “criminal alien” refers to aliens who have been convicted of one or more crimes, whether in the United States or abroad, prior to interdiction by the U.S. Border Patrol; it does not include convictions for conduct that is not deemed criminal by the United States. Arrests of criminal aliens are a subset of total apprehensions by U.S. Border Patrol.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/c...ien-statistics

Old 12-20-2018, 03:53 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
People are sick of the bull ****, sick of people coming to this country and not following our rules, taking advantage of our systems....using our own laws in their favor.....

they are not about to assimilate.....
AND THAT is exactly why I donated. I'd rather give to a fund that all the money will be allocated to the task. The RINOs keep saying they'll fund the wall, yet never do. They are worse than the Dems. At least with the Dems you know they have no intentions on securing the border, other than:

Hire an army of gardeners to cut the grass at the border - Pelosi

I only hope some bureaucrats can't get their mitts on the funds and start allocating it for their personal projects.

Quote:
LOL. I can find others. It was just the first one, and one that folks like you might approve of. But hey you want to be taken in by someone feel free. This is hilarious for me to watch, and honestly the more money fools give to this grifter, the less they will have for the gop grifters.

Please, feel free to donate more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But you don' t mind paying the over $100 billion a year that illegal immigration costs us?

It's more like $200B-$300B.

https://www.cato.org/publications/im...tive-use-rates

Immigrants use far more as a percentage of household than previously thought. Last year alone the figures went from 60B in Jan to 118B by mid-year. It will double again as estimates are always low.

Last edited by Originalist; 12-20-2018 at 04:02 PM..

Old 12-20-2018, 03:54 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
One of my facebook friends knows who this guy is. He pointed out that the same guy supposedly collected 300K for Kavanaugh, then blamed facebook for "scrubbing" his page and "losing" it. Odd...
https://www.wnd.com/2018/10/facebook...m-wounded-vet/

Heres a clue-he probably stole that money. He's probably freaking out trying to figure out how to do it with this money too.
Aren't you misreading the article you link to? He stole what money?? He referenced investing over $300K in advertising since he was being pushed to do so by Facebook, and then they deleted his page.

He didn't *collect* anything.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:56 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...omy/691997002/

Two days after the 2017 FAIR report was published Nowrasteh authored a critique that estimated the cost of illegal immigration was between $3.3 billion and $15.6 billion annually. The Cato report focuses on correcting what they say are false assumptions and mistakes in the FAIR study, such as rate of health care use.

The Cato study was linked in here. All I could do is laugh at their lies and spin about the costs of illegal immigration. First off they start with a lie claiming that FAIR calls the U.S. born children of illegal aliens, illegals themselves. That's simply not true! What FAIR said is that they are a direct cost of illegal immigration and that is true! Throughout their study they kept switching between talking about legal immigrants and illegal ones and many times just blurring the lines between the two and that's only the tip of the iceberg of their lies and spin.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:56 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I haven't donated anything. I'm just asking a question. You can't ridicule a site in one post when you don't like the content and then link to it to support something you're posting in the next without raising a few eyebrows.

Absolutely I can. If the opposing side believes in a site as valid, it makes the most sense to use that site in arguments with them when it supports me. After all they believe it. If I use Reuters for example, or something mainstream too many on the crazy side yell "fake news". So now If I use a site they approve of I ALSO get complaints.

Apparently it doesn't matter what the source is for you folks now does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies