Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2019, 01:59 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times

Advertisements

Trump has never been anything but an empty suit with a big mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 01:59 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
When John Bolton is the lone voice of reason, the last adult in the room, this country is in for some trouble.
Bolton is a sharp guy with a strong strategy-oriented mindset. He's hawkish as hell, but that's a good thing, IMO.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:06 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Bolton is a sharp guy with a strong strategy-oriented mindset. He's hawkish as hell, but that's a good thing, IMO.
He is very bright but he is also over the edge as far as our intervention in the ME. I disagree with him on most issues but agree with a slow and cautious withdrawal in Syria or Afghanistan, we already have a real life example of withdrawing to rapidly. If we do this incorrectly it will turn out much worse than Vietnam as we have already witnessed.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:10 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Yep, I'm surprised Trump has not accosted him yet on Twitter.

Bolton is directly contradicting Trump on the troop withdrawal.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:17 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Syria is a sovereign nation. Does anyone know why we are there, and if we have any right to be there? As far as I recall, we we're not invited. What exactly is in Syrian that is worth American blood?

Also, why is it such a problem spending 5 billion on a wall that will defend America, but we have no problem spending far and above this for military adventures abroad that have no clear purpose or objective? Really hard to keep up on who supports what here. Last I recall, liberals thought 2 simultaneous military adventures was too many. How many are we involved in today?

Old 01-07-2019, 04:54 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Syria is a sovereign nation. Does anyone know why we are there, and if we have any right to be there? As far as I recall, we we're not invited. What exactly is in Syrian that is worth American blood?

Also, why is it such a problem spending 5 billion on a wall that will defend America, but we have no problem spending far and above this for military adventures abroad that have no clear purpose or objective? Really hard to keep up on who supports what here. Last I recall, liberals thought 2 simultaneous military adventures was too many. How many are we involved in today?
I totally agree that the military is in a lot of places they don't need to be. However, in order to withdraw, there has to be restraint and a plan on how best to accomplish it without hurting our allies. You can't just yank the military out of a country we are in. I think Trump thinks he is Jeannie on I Dream of Jeannie. He can't just blink his eyes and boom, it's done. I do wish we had a leader who was smart and knew how to do his job.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:55 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
How can this be okay. And how crazy does this make the USA look to the world. The President says one thing, Bolton says another -- then Trump backs down and tries to explain what he 'meant' and it still doesn't jive or work.

What a mess.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:56 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
How can this be okay. And how crazy does this make the USA look to the world. The President says one thing, Bolton says another -- then Trump backs down and tries to explain what he 'meant' and it still doesn't jive or work.

What a mess.
It's all a mess, Moneill. Every. Damn. Thing. He. Touches.

Old 01-07-2019, 04:56 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
People need to read between the lines. Trump speaks in extremes. If he said we would withdraw in a slow and orderly fashion, it would never happen.

How long has this war been going on?

Old 01-07-2019, 04:57 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,986,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Trump has never been anything but an empty suit with a big mouth.
Who was voted into office by a lot of voters who don't feel the same way as you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies