Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 09:13 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times

Advertisements

The liberal magazines are just as bad. Vanity Fair had an article saying Trump says the media is the enemy of the people. They left out "FAKE MEDIA is the enemy of the people" and that is what Trump really said.

I get fed up with all the fake news passed off for real news out there. Can't even read the liberal magazines anymore without seeing this trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 09:36 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...d7_vwcRowJqtFA

"German magazine Der Spiegel apologised to readers on Wednesday for publishing “invented stories” and content with “distorted facts” by one of its reporters. It identified Claas Relotius, a recent winner of CNN’s “Journalist of the Year” award, as confessing to the production of fake news."

HAHAHAHAHA of course CNN would give this guy an award-----they love fake news.

The left really doesn't care about the veracity of any story. In the tradition of Stalin and Allinsky, "truth is relative".

To the left, manipulating facts is not a problem at all, as they genuinely feel that ANY MEANS possible to advance their political goals is justified. Stalin was a champion of this tactic and it has found traction in the American left, who has no idea that the majority of their "liberal" ideas are based in the contorted mind of Stalin.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:27 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,248,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The liberal magazines are just as bad. Vanity Fair had an article saying Trump says the media is the enemy of the people. They left out "FAKE MEDIA is the enemy of the people" and that is what Trump really said.

I get fed up with all the fake news passed off for real news out there. Can't even read the liberal magazines anymore without seeing this trash.
Your kidding right. or being ?

Trump has had a HATE toward the media since the 80s at least.
It has nothing to do with being President. TRUMP WANTS ONLY PRAISE .....
NOT MISTAKES, OTHERS HE SCREWED NOTED ECT.

Ever see this 1990 CNN interview.....
Take a look at a younger more smiling Trump at least.
But his HATE for the media .... LOUD AND CLEAR Janelle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaeeQVRCFkY

I'm sure you agree with the Donald here.... BUT JUST ONE EXAMPLE from 1990.
Trump had MEDIA HATE a looooong time as my point here.

You do know there is a WORLD OUT THERE TOO. You can't label things the WORLD sees as FAKE.
There are bad examples also on both sides. BUT TRUMP GIVES THEM SO MUCH TO UTILIZE IN REVENGE HE SEEKS LIKE A MAFIA KINGPIN....

EXTREMISM is WRONG ON BOTH SIDES.....
Both sides are known to exaggerate aspects Janelle too. Surely you should see that. But definately fact in much. It is aspects highlighted that add to each sides RHETERIC.

Another thing we have much more in 24-hr news programs FULL OF COMMENTARY (talking heads). INTERVIEWS AND POLITICS. BOTH SIDES HIGHLIGHT THE OTHERS NEGATIVES.

Also, once private lives of Presidents were HIDEN and a GENTLEMANS AGREEMENT TO SKIP IT. Like with JFK then..... today FAGHETABOUTIT.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:25 PM

FAGHETABOUTIT-----Juanita Broderick needs to take Clinton to court for rape then. Maybe all his other victims will come forward as well if that would happen.

And Trump is right about fake media----he will hit back when it happens. The media has been fake for many years Trump is playing their game against them. No one else has before so they don't like it.

Love the comments after the video on YouTube. Stupid negative questions. He was right to stop it. was that George Stephanopoulos by the way? Worked for Clinton. Still does.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:42 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,013,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog
The OP at least insinuates that the reporter worked for CNN.
No she did not. Reread post #1. She clearly mentions that he worked for Der Spiegel. She says he won an award from CNN, which he did.

Old 12-31-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
No she did not. Reread post #1. She clearly mentions that he worked for Der Spiegel. She says he won an award from CNN, which he did.
Thanks for actually reading the post. The difference is I didn't say the main topic, the one who wrote the article did. So many on here mistake the reporter for the person posting what the reporter wrote.

I said CNN loves fake news so no doubt why they gave him an award.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:09 PM

Excellent article here from progressive writer Glenn Greenwald:
https://theintercept.com/2019/01/02/...-stonewalling/

He recounts a blockbuster story from The Guardian about Trump/Russia collusion from about 5 weeks ago. In the interim, the story has fallen apart, and "The Guardian’s typically public and outspoken editor-in-chief Kath Viner has all but disappeared since the story was published on November 27."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn G
None of this is an aberration. Quite the contrary, it has become par for the Trump-Russia course. One major story after the next falls apart, and there is no accountability, reckoning, or transparency...

The U.S media has become very adept at outrage rituals whenever they are denounced as “fake news.” They should spend some time trying to become as skilled in figuring out why such attacks resonate for so many."
I would love to get feedback from CD liberals on this piece....

Old 01-03-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:

He recounts a blockbuster story from The Guardian about Trump/Russia collusion from about 5 weeks ago. In the interim, the story has fallen apart, and "The Guardian’s typically public and outspoken editor-in-chief Kath Viner has all but disappeared since the story was published on November 27."

I would have loved to get feedback, but it looks like I'll be waiting a long, long time.

Old 01-03-2019, 04:24 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
Quote:

Start a thread on it.

Old 01-12-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Start a thread on it.
Thanks for the suggestion--I followed and still got...crickets.

But I ran across another story in this vein from Fear by Bob Woodward.

In Feb, 2017, several intel officials came to see then-chief of staff Reince Priebus to brief him on standard cautions re his security clearance. After the meeting, Deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe asks for 5 minutes alone in Priebus's office. Priebus thinks to himself, "What the hell is this?" They enter the office, and McCabe closes the door. "This is very weird," thinks Priebus.

McCabe wants to talk about a Feb 14 NYT story entitled "Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence."
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...ons-trump.html

"It's total bull[expletive]. It's not true, and we want you to know that...." McCabe tells Priebus. "Can you help me?" Priebus asks. "Could this knockdown of the story be made public?" McCabe says he'll ask around and see what can be done. Later he responds that nothing can be done. If the FBI gets into the business of correcting news stories, they'll be issuing statements every three days.

Hmmm, that many inaccurate stories floating around out there????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies