Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 10:04 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times

Advertisements

Don't know why you guys attempt to converse with people who are clearly here just to troll. What kind of responses were you expecting?

Old 12-27-2018, 10:06 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Because they hate this "unfair" existence in this universe, they hate everyone around them, and most of all they hate themselves. Also, although most of them claim to be atheists, that's not really true: they worship themselves and those like them as supreme beings.

I would not be considered a conservative, but I can tell you that there are many things with which I disagree. But there is only one thing I hate: tyranny.

No, I don't want to see liberal tears. All I want to see is liberal backsides--meaning I don't want to see you at all. Especially when you walk up to me with your cupped hand held out.

I know what liberals want. They want everything in the world to be as they decide it should be. (aka tyranny)

I don't want to "win" anything. It's not a game or contest.

And OF COURSE you liberals want to "win." Otherwise you wouldn't be ramming your garbage down everyone's throats and trying to implement soft slavery.

There should be NO public policy beyond the "non-aggression principle." Beyond that, you decide how you want to live and with whom you choose to associate/agree/disagree with.
Let me guess. Libertarian. I wonder what you think of roads. I wonder what the world would look like without police.

This goes back to the philosophically simplistic ideologue vs living in the real world.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:07 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Same reason crazy right wingers do it.

Shrug. The crazies on both ends hate and do not see their own hate, but see it in the others side.
True. The Tea Party invented hating and opposing the leader of the country.

Fair play.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:11 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Do people really think this stuff?
Of course they do. It's obvious.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:12 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Do people really think this stuff?
40% of Americans do.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:18 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Let me guess. Libertarian. I wonder what you think of roads. I wonder what the world would look like without police.

This goes back to the philosophically simplistic ideologue vs living in the real world.
What do I think of roads? In their modern form, they are half of the reason society is so unbalanced and screwed up. Without them (and other means of "instant" travel), economies would be forced into localization (a good thing--decentralization). Consumption would decrease radically. Communities would be more cohesive and "common cause" spirited.

Police? Who do you think would enforce the "non-aggression principle"? I've never said anything about police (when implemented properly). It's part of a minarchist state (the smallest possible state without allowing a free-for-all anarchy).

Old 12-27-2018, 10:49 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
What do I think of roads? In their modern form, they are half of the reason society is so unbalanced and screwed up. Without them (and other means of "instant" travel), economies would be forced into localization (a good thing--decentralization). Consumption would decrease radically. Communities would be more cohesive and "common cause" spirited.

Police? Who do you think would enforce the "non-aggression principle"? I've never said anything about police (when implemented properly). It's part of a minarchist state (the smallest possible state without allowing a free-for-all anarchy).

I don't value the smallest possible state. Shrug. I know no one who does. Since before the cave days, human success has been based on collaboration. It sure hasn't been our claws and fangs. Calling living in a society slavery is nothing but philosophical utopian nonsense. Where the line would even be drawn to determine "smallest" is unidentifiable.

Old 12-27-2018, 11:01 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Both liberals and conservatives are responsible. Both liberal and conservative can oppress in the name of good virtue for those who believe in thier ideology. Also Christianity as a whole during late Roman empire was not conservative. It was very liberal. As it developed the religion became more conservative as the ages progressed. A good example is the iconoclastic period when Christians no longer used imagery and statutes to represent Jesus Mary and Saints. Plenty of statues were destroyed in the 8th century and caused a rift with fellow Christians. The destroying of statues then is no different than destroying confederate symbols now because they represent hate. Also I did not blame liberals, I was making a comparison. As I said before, liberals are not the only one. Also Libs didn't kill Jesus. It was the conservatives jews, and conservative Romans that killed Jesus. Jesus was a liberal, and an sjw for his day. Sadly 1000 years after his death, people killed under his name and banner.
The iconoclastic period only occurred in the eastern church. There has been dissent amongst Christians since there have been Christians. Try reading the Bible as a historical document only and read Paul’s epistles. They are not very subtle corrections to those believers.
The very first heresies in the church occurred before Constantine.

As for Constantine being converted to Christianity, most scholars agree that he continued to practice pagan rituals and created the Treaty of Milan to integrate the churches structure and bureaucracy into that of the empire. Again, read the Nicean Creed as a historical document as opposed to a religious one and you can clearly see it is an outline of how an earthly ruler and a heavenly ruler coexist and rule.
The empire was falling apart before Constantine was declared Augustus and when he moved the seat of Roman power to Constantinople, it was he that left the bishops in charge of Rome as an extension of imperial power. In any case, Diocletian moved the capital from Rome to Milan well before, so Rome was not the true seat of government by that then. It would be only 50 years or so from this point that there would be a western and eastern Roman Empire with distinct lines of succession. Christians did not bring down the Roman Empire.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:21 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Where does such hate come from? This sort of hate seems demonic...and emanating from the pits of hell. This is no laughing matter. This hate is serious. I thought liberals where supposed to be somewhat compassionate and open minded. They hate Trump, veterans, white people, Christedom and etc. I know Trump is a little rough around the edges and eccentric... But he is still our president and deserves respect. I mean liberal news outlets like MSNBC and CNN literally spend 24 hours bashing Trump. That's the only news they provide. Period. It's sickening. The hate is not emanating from the right it's coming solely from the left. God bless Trump and I wish him all the success in the world.
Answer: they thought Hillary was going to win and win big. They had their parties planned, they had the next 8 years all set up. And then something strange happened: The middle class of this country finally revolted, said enough is enough with the establishment, and here we are. And the left simply can't handle it.

Old 12-27-2018, 12:27 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Answer: they thought Hillary was going to win and win big. They had their parties planned, they had the next 8 years all set up. And then something strange happened: The middle class of this country finally revolted, said enough is enough with the establishment, and here we are. And the left simply can't handle it.
And it will happen again after they have enough of this president and the right simply won't be able to handle it.
Life goes on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies