Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 10:49 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And, do you know that one of the reasons those highways are "overtaxed and crowded"? One reason---untold millions of illegal aliens, many of them driving without a drivers license. That said, on an annual basis, we allow 1 million legal immigrants into this country. All these people need places to live and cars to get around.
Round and round we go...

Since people need to buy gasoline to drive on our highways, whether legal or not, with license or not, when buying that gasoline they are CONTRIBUTING toward the expense of repairing our roadways!

"State and local gasoline taxes covered 19.1 percent of total road spending, while the aid provided from the federal government (out of the 18.4 cents per gallon federal gas tax) covered an additional 11.7 percent, for a total of 30.8 percent covered by gas taxes."

Is the reason Trump wall supporters only focus on costs and not benefits the same reason Trump likes to describe illegal immigrants as rapist, drug-dealing criminals? And the reason for all that twisting of facts and truth is what exactly?

Not too hard to guess if you ask me...

Old 01-08-2019, 10:54 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
LOL...spelled it out kindergarten easy for you, and you still cannot figure it out......and I'm coming unglued...laughable...

We got it, you were wrong and now you're mad....
Isn't it ironic that the poster you are replying to refers to our president with childish labels over and over? I wonder how old some of these people are?

It's not Trump's wall either. It's congress' wall from back in 2006 that had Schumer and Obama's signature on it. If they had built it as promised Trump wouldn't have to be insisting that they do now. So funny, how these people leave out important details and spin everything to fit their anti-American agendas, isn't it?

Old 01-08-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's because there are far too many bleeding hearts in this country who deal in emotion rather than common sense. They haven't even bothered to search out the facts on this issue. I'll bet most of them never heard of the Secure Fence Act that was passed back in 2006 to build double barriers on 700 miles of the most porous areas of our border coincidently signed by both Schumer and Obama. Some still think that the plan is to put a wall on the entire 2,000 border. That's how stupid they are. Then there are those who have a vested interest in illegal immigration either because they hire them for profit, want a continued flow of new Democrat voters or have ethnic ties to them. So who cares what all of the above think?

Yes, Trump said he'd proudly shut down the government over our national security but he didn't really want to but it was necessary. Our government has shutdown over far less important things. No, the longer it goes on the worse the Democrats will look at least to law abiding Americans who have some brains in their heads. Fox News controls our government?

Why don't you and yours want to hold congress accountable for not building those double barriers back in 2006? Yet Trump's the bad guy for trying to get it done when the good walls have been very effective and are also cost effective compared to what illegal aliens cost us fiscally and in every other way.
I know the feeling...

Problem is we all search out the facts but find only the ones that suit our opinion AKA confirmation bias, and why facts, reason and logic simply don't matter!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post54091294

There is also this article just sent to me about the same thing...

Why fact-checking doesn’t change people’s minds

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9a2ddd695eaa

Why I always ask, why DO we bother?

Old 01-08-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
So you think he wants to keep out brown people as opposed to keeping out those bringing $hithole standards? Does he also prevent brown people from 1st World countries? Do white people from shthole countries get a free pass?

That's all these idiots have is the skin color/race card. The brown's trying to get into our country illegally are the unskilled, uneducated and poor that we don't need and that will be a burden to our society but instead of looking at that they focus on the above which has nothing to do with it and thy know it. I guess they are clueless to the fact the so-called browns from south of our border are allotted the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country by far. So where is this so-called hate for browns?

As you said, if millions of whites were crashing our border illegally that fit the above description we'd be feeling the same way, but they aren't.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:07 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
That's all these idiots have is the skin color/race card. The brown's trying to get into our country illegally are the unskilled, uneducated and poor that we don't need and that will be a burden to our society but instead of looking at that they focus on the above which has nothing to do with it and thy know it. I guess they are clueless to the fact the so-called browns from south of our border are allotted the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country by far. So where is this so-called hate for browns?

As you said, if millions of whites were crashing our border illegally that fit the above description we'd be feeling the same way, but they aren't.
You mean like, the millions of people from Europe that have entered our country through airports? The airports that will remain unaffected by the wall?

Old 01-08-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
again what can you count on... liberals will lie no matter what

liberals(fascists) will always lie
Not sure how you can go on the way you do with "straight face," with all this over-the-top insulting rhetoric, but don't you think you should tone it down just a bit given the unprecedented amount of lying our POTUS Trump has quickly become famous for?

Right. Trump is also famous for an unprecedented amount of insults. Part of the routine. I think I get it now. Never mind...

Old 01-08-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, please, lets get back to what I quoted and what you also stated...your typical response, when you are wrong is to tell the other person they are wrong.....but that's expected from people such as you...

So, do tell, and no need for another stupid cartoon....it's o.k. to be wrong, unlike you, I've apologized here on CD prior....

So, if the terrorist's coming through our airports....that means they would be coming from another country, yes?

If not, that means they are already here....

RUSSIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pathetic....collusion collusion collusion....blah blah blah.....

Trump campaigned on securing our border and the Russian issue wasn't even the picture back then but suddenly Trump is trying to call attention to a border wall to deflect from the Russian issue? I swear these anti-wall people will make up any excuse in the book to deny the need for a good wall and smear Trump while they are doing it.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:

I think I'm beginning to see why we're building a wall at our southern border and not our northern one...

But seriously folks, I have to wonder what states most of these pro-wall comments about "browns" are coming from, because in states that are actually at the border, the sentiments don't seem as fearful, paranoid or believing of all Trump wants his base to believe.

State/percent Hispanic
New Mexico/48.8%
Texas/39.4%
California/39.1%
Arizona/31.4%

Given the rather large percentages in these states and rather different attitude about immigrants in general, I wonder just how real this "national security problem" really is...

I'll take a wild guess that Oldglory is not from any of these states either. Am I right?

Old 01-08-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Trump campaigned on securing our border and the Russian issue wasn't even the picture back then but suddenly Trump is trying to call attention to a border wall to deflect from the Russian issue? I swear these anti-wall people will make up any excuse in the book to deny the need for a good wall and smear Trump while they are doing it.
New to politics are you?

"Let him who is innocent cast the first stone."

How about instead of picking your favorite worst argument, we consider some of the better ones?

Never mind that Trump campaigned on a wall that Mexico would pay for, "easily," and maybe we should also pretend to forget how "buddy buddy" Trump has been with Putin when we all know Russia did all it could to meddle in our election process, still does. Just for starters. No matter?

Maybe the attempt to "smear" Trump surprises or offends you, but when it seems Trump is beyond legitimate criticism for all too many Americans, what else should we expect but the likes? Legitimate criticism sure doesn't work, so what will?

Not that Trump attempted to "smear" Obama with all that birther crap, along with all the rest of that "black, communist, Muslim out to ruin America" nonsense. Trump and his supporters were none to shy to smear away with wild abandon every chance they could just yesterday, but now they're angels above all that sort of thing? Amusing.

Not that two wrongs make a right as I always say, but sure seems to me that Trump is altogether okay with the "anything goes" approach to politics, so if you think smearing Trump isn't now also fair game, I think you best turn to another subject. People prefer the "eye for an eye" way of doing things as a rule, and Trump probably prefers it most of all!

Last edited by LearnMe; 01-08-2019 at 12:59 PM..

Old 01-08-2019, 12:58 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yes, it's nice to hear folks from the border states debunking this "national emergency" BS while people from New York, North Carolina, Colorado, etc., parrot (where have we heard that word before?) Trump's lies.

And you totally ignored post #898 --- a post that was in response to a question you posed to me.

Now, you are the parrot. Just because you haven't seen and felt the deleterious effects of illegal immigration in Alexandria, you accuse others of being a "parrot".

Climb down from your ivory tower and visit some other local places --- or does it frighten you to go visit an area that has been destroyed by illegals? What do you fear? Becoming a crime victim? Or are you afraid to find out that those who have had to deal with the destruction caused by illegals are actually correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies