Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 07:11 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Except it isn't just the Dems that think he 'caved'.

You might want to check in with some of your conservative media pundits who are dumping on the President big time.
Contrary to the left's claim that we all just follow the RWM....I don't need to listen to any of them to know my opinion...I do hear them sometimes but not often....I work nights so it isn't even an option.

I know that a lot of Repubs probably think he caved, My initial reaction was similar until I remembered who we are talking about...even when I think he might be hurt, I've been wrong time and again. Trump has never failed me in the long run...even if sometimes we don't see the big picture.

We must remember that he plays the optics game...better than anyone realizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 07:12 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
No doubt we all see this differently.
I read it this way...

Pelosi told Trump she will never meet with him to discuss the wall while the government is shut down. She thought she had the upper hand. Meanwhile, she cried crocodile tears for the poor workers who aren't getting paid (as if that were Trump's fault alone).

Trump called her bluff By opening the government up temporarily. He transferred the public pressure onto Pelosi (who had no problem with Obama's wall, btw.). She has to negotiate, or at least sit down and pretend to.

Trump isn't a fool. Nobody becomes a billionaire by being a fool. That wall will be built, with or without Pelosi's approval.
Trump is wounded and cornered. He has no leverage.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:12 AM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I give it to the OP they are staying positive even though their plane is going down in flames lol.
Yes, and in the next month or two I also predict it's going to get even worse. But I'm convinced most of his base will never leave him no matter what.

His former circle is going down one by one. So much for him surrounding himself with the best people, LOL. Just one of his many, many documented lies.

Trump lost badly. I'd say "bigly" but I didn't really want to quote him, LOL. Horrible president, so called "deal maker" / negotiator, poor leader, and overall just a horrible excuse for a human being. This recent stunt caused hardship for many, many people, especially regarding the contractors and others who will never recoup losses. Simply put Trump's partial shutdown accomplished nothing which should confirm his poor decision making abilities.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:14 AM

10,534 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
You'd be wrong! If this is what you think then you haven't been paying attention.

This is OPTICS...Trump knows that, just as in every other instance, the Dems will think they have their way and have won. They will now feel even more powerful to reneg on wall negotiations as expected. Remember this reopening is temporary. Trump will not get the Dems to negotiate...he doesn't expect to but will seem like he's exasperated at trying.

That's when he will pull out the big guns, exclaim a national emergency at the SOTU address and show that he's done everything he could to negotiate with the spoiled brat dems and that he now has no other choice.

Enjoy the show...MAGA!

Mmmmkay.....

Old 01-26-2019, 07:15 AM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, there is no other way to spin it...he caved and caved BIG.

I lost respect for him due to this, it was just 24 hours earlier, when he was posting on FB how he would NEVER cave, he would keep it shut down for months, years...heck, we didnt even get to months long! LOL

He is pathetic and should step down immediately now.
Yeah, I've been done with him for a while now. I was hoping he would be different than the Bush/Clinton era we suffered through for the past 40 years (don't make no mistake, Obama was nothing but a mouth piece for the Bush administration. He kept on with their platform till the very end) But it seems like he more of the same. I started to become wary when he began signing gun control laws. And then he says he pulling the troops out of Syria, even fires Mattis over it, but then ends up keeping them there anyways because it's what Israel wants. Face it, the world wants all white people and Christians to be rounded up and killed, and the country be run by huge monopolies who make billions off of war and suffering. We will be getting rid of the racist cops and replace them with faceless drones who will be killing entire communities who do not bow to the demands of the elite, either be it forking over 80% of your earnings to the government, or subjecting your children to pedophilia.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:19 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump is wounded and cornered. He has no leverage.
I'll bet that's what you thought every time Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr. was on the ropes huh?

Old 01-26-2019, 07:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default You think President Trump just lost?

Quote:
You'd be wrong! If this is what you think then you haven't been paying attention.

This is OPTICS...Trump knows that, just as in every other instance, the Dems will think they have their way and have won. They will now feel even more powerful to reneg on wall negotiations as expected. Remember this reopening is temporary. Trump will not get the Dems to negotiate...he doesn't expect to but will seem like he's exasperated at trying.
It isn't tRump vs Dems.

It's tRump vs America.

And America's gonna win. Stay tuned.
Quote:
That's when he will pull out the big guns, exclaim a national emergency at the SOTU address and show that he's done everything he could to negotiate with the spoiled brat dems and that he now has no other choice.

Enjoy the show...MAGA!
In all honesty, it doesn't matter what I think.

Doesn't matter what you think, either.

tRump just took a very hard punch to the gut yesterday.

Let's see if he learned from it or continues his pig-headed ways.

He's gonna suffer a few more beat-downs before he's gone.

2019 promises to be a very entertaining year.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Contrary to the left's claim that we all just follow the RWM....I don't need to listen to any of them to know my opinion...I do hear them sometimes but not often....I work nights so it isn't even an option.

I know that a lot of Repubs probably think he caved, My initial reaction was similar until I remembered who we are talking about...even when I think he might be hurt, I've been wrong time and again. Trump has never failed me in the long run...even if sometimes we don't see the big picture.

We must remember that he plays the optics game...better than anyone realizes.
Trump can no longer be trusted, his words mean nothing now imo.

I think he needs to step down and resign after duping his supporters in that way, it was so blatant and direct too, pretty much impossible to spin it any other way...heck, we had not even reached a months long shut down and he was ready to give up?!! LOL

Old 01-26-2019, 07:20 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Yeah....he blinked

Old 01-26-2019, 07:22 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Yeah....he blinked
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies