Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 04:03 PM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Thread title fail.

Trump can give up on wall to open govt.
Congress can over ride veto. (They wont)

Silly idea. Reinforce/rebuild the weakest / worst urban wall to the tune of 2 billion dollars. Call it the Donald J Trump really terrific wall. Both sides declare victory and go home.
There is your problem, Congress and the President both want an unconditional surrender. Now that may have only happened as the Soviets overran Hitler and America nuked Japan. So we will go on for a few more weeks as if it were a cold war circa April 1961. Both sides lose in the end even if they continue to point the finger at the other when 2020 comes along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 04:07 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
This nonsense has gone on for years over the border and this has nothing to do with RUSH I have my own thoughts on BORDERS of which BORDERS of all nations since the being of F-ing time have had. The mexicans think texas and cali are still theirs from the 1880's and busy just going about their business back and forth in America and come here for the American benefits. You and I both know it.
I know I've lived on the border for decades and have crossed it many hundreds of times. I doubt that you have much border experience, if any.

I now that what you claimed is BS.

I've heard that story a few times, but never from a Mexican.

Quote:
Now as far a wealthy business owners hiring people WE ALL KNOW what they have been doing and lobbying congress.

Its time to put a end to this and I am pretty sure most of America is ready to clean up the border.

The Reason people from Canada dont come to America is because for the most part they don't have the issues that south America has and stay in their own country.
The reason Canadians aren't a problem is because their country has a viable economy, so their people aren't desperate to come here to work for peanuts. Mexicans/Central Americans will because those peanuts are good earnings in comparison to what they'd get at home.

And it's chicken feed for their employers.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:17 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,790,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Conservatives rely on facts, Liberals rely on feelings to settle arguments..

Conservatives hate what people do, liberals hate who people are...
When you disagree with the message, you perceive it to be based on "feelings."

Old 01-21-2019, 04:25 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The Dems don’t have to bend. Trump was all over the news in his meeting with Nancy and Chuck, saying he would “own the shutdown.” It’s his fault and people know it. He is a laughingstock all over the world!

Trump is ugly. He has a fish mouth and absolutely no morals or even the tiniest bit of empathy for anyone besides himself.
Wow...Feel better now?

As for the shutdown, it takes two to tango. If Pelosi and Schumer cared about Americans, they would work with him. And, no, saying open the government first, then we'll talk is not a good answer. Democrats are know for lying and not keeping their word---especially when it comes to border security and dealing with illegals.

We all know that Reagan (Whom I was no fan of) agreed to the 1986 amnesty when the dems promised the following things would happen; 1) It would be the one and only amnesty, never again to have another one (We have since had several stealth amnesties); 2) The border would be secured (that never happened); and 3) No illegal will ever be able to find a job in the US (We have 8 million no-match SSNs in the workforce).

Trump needs to hold his ground and always remember that dems can't be trusted when it comes to this issue.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:34 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,341,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The reason Canadians aren't a problem is because their country has a viable economy, so their people aren't desperate to come here to work for peanuts. Mexicans/Central Americans will because those peanuts are good earnings in comparison to what they'd get at home.

And it's chicken feed for their employers.
That's the key, if only Mexico and Central American countries had economies on par with Canada, we wouldn't be having any real debate of what to do with our southern border.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:40 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
That's the key, if only Mexico and Central American countries had economies on par with Canada, we wouldn't be having any real debate of what to do with our southern border.
Correct. Canada , like the USA, is a 21st century, first world nation with a solid economy.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Conservatives rely on facts, Liberals rely on feelings to settle arguments..

Conservatives hate what people do, liberals hate who people are...

Old 01-21-2019, 04:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
No, Dems have reneged on talking before. Talking first will present opportunities to compromise, where neither side gets all it wants. Work to a resolution which includes passing a CR upon coming up wih a resolution to all issues of all parties involved.
There is no CBP plan for building this wall/fence that Trump wants. I don't know if it's their fault or if Trump failed to tell them what he wants, but you can't just pull a number out of your butt and claim that it's enough money for what Trump wants, CBP needs to have a proposal with costs before this can even be discussed.

Trump lost on DACA, if it ends up being killed it won't be until 2021, and his plan to kill TPS was also blocked by the court and it is not on the 2019 SCOTUS calendar, so it will be 2020 or 2021 "if" SCOTUS agrees to hear it at all. So Trump offers nothing and has no plan, there is nothing here to negotiate. Trump is acting like a 6 year old whose dad took his legos away, no one is going to play his game. He lost, he's just the last one to realize it.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Trump lost on DACA, if it ends up being killed it won't be until 2021, and his plan to kill TPS was also blocked by the court and it is not on the 2019 SCOTUS calendar, so it will be 2020 or 2021 "if" SCOTUS agrees to hear it at all. .
SC will hear it, and it will be a majority Strict Constitutionalist/conservative court, for the next 30 years.

2016 was the most Transformational election since 1980, for POTUS..

Old 01-21-2019, 05:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
SC will hear it, and it will be a majority Strict Constitutionalist/conservative court, for the next 30 years.

2016 was the most Transformational election since 1980, for POTUS..
They had a chance Bob, SCOTUS chose not to put it on the calendar, at some point you are going to need to accept that and understand the implications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies