Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 05:54 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,521,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
When will Democrat lawmakers put country before party and finally admit they aren't concerned about $5 billion and the wall is not worth fighting?
When will the republicans? They had TWO years and did nothing. Explain that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 05:59 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,412,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
When will the republicans? They had TWO years and did nothing. Explain that.
Too bad they didn't have 60 Republican Senators, unless of course, you wanted them to go nuclear!

Trump is only up to Gov't. shutdown #3, Carter had 5 shutdowns from October 1977 to October 1979 all while the Democrats had a majority in the House and Senate.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:03 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,945,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What do our needs 10 years from now have to do with today? If we need more immigrants we'll allow them to come here legally. Most low skilled jobs will be automated anyway. How are they going to support their families then? Illegal immigration is unacceptable now and in the future!

Yeah, get back with us when the nearly 11 million illegals leave our country and thousands aren't still pouring over our border every month.

You know how they will support their families then, OG ? The same damn way they always have, THEY WORK HARD. These folks learned long ago that if they don't work, they don't eat, unlike lazy Americans, who are too good to take the jobs these folks gladly accept, and who don't show up for work even air conditioned offices !

Every morning, when I am going to work, I see tons of workers, who appear to be Hispanic, out in the hot Florida sun, working their butts off, doing manual labor and happy to have that chance. I personally know quite a few Mexicans and Cubans, and they are out there every day, 7 days a week, trying to make a better life for themselves and their children.

There will ALWAYS be jobs that require hard, manual labor, and while these men and women are doing it today, they are also trying to get their children good educations so that they will have a better, easier life.

THAT, OG, is the reality of who these people are, for the most part. Not the criminals and moochers you dream up.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:27 PM

245 posts, read 153,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You know how they will support their families then, OG ? The same damn way they always have, THEY WORK HARD. These folks learned long ago that if they don't work, they don't eat, unlike lazy Americans, who are too good to take the jobs these folks gladly accept, and who don't show up for work even air conditioned offices !

Every morning, when I am going to work, I see tons of workers, who appear to be Hispanic, out in the hot Florida sun, working their butts off, doing manual labor and happy to have that chance. I personally know quite a few Mexicans and Cubans, and they are out there every day, 7 days a week, trying to make a better life for themselves and their children.

There will ALWAYS be jobs that require hard, manual labor, and while these men and women are doing it today, they are also trying to get their children good educations so that they will have a better, easier life.

THAT, OG, is the reality of who these people are, for the most part. Not the criminals and moochers you dream up.
There are plenty of bad people that come across the border. Our prisons are full of them. Also, the ones who want to come here to work can go through the process the legal way, like Trump talked about.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:32 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,040,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
Long time lurker in these forums, but I had to register to give you some information. Some banks and credit unions are offering 0 interest loans to federal workers. Just google, “0 interest loans for federal workers” and you will get a lot of information on the topic. I wish you and your family the best.
Thank you for your kind words.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:51 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,348,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Really, can you name one specific thing he has done that indicates mental illness? They said the same crap about Reagan back in the day. Trump is playing hardball because sadly, that is the only thing that is going to make the Democrats finally get their heads out of their rear ends and do something good for the country. Other countries have no problems putting up borders. Why is this such a big issue for Democrats? Oh yea, they need those immigrant votes.
You are suggesting that Alzheimers isn't mental illness? There are lots of examples that Reagan's illness manifested itself in his first term - that's from his son as well as many, many others who interacted with him.

Anyone who thinks Trump is actually some "stable genius" to borrow a phrase is the one with their heads up their rears.

And stop lying because Democrats are fine with borders. Just not a waste of money antiquated wall, all to feed the orange lunatic's ego and pander to his lies.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:53 PM

1,991 posts, read 907,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I don't.
Don’t fly? Grow your own safe food? Not waiting on a tax refund yet? Don’t know anyone on Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid? Never use GPS? Not worried about the backbone of Border Security? Not worried about the roads you drive on being in good repair? Clean water and clean air are just a nice to have extravagance? Weather prediction not your thing? VA just nothing to worry about? Everyone agrees that water borne commerce is highly overrated, right? And finally, diseases, why worry. I guarantee that unless you are out in a cabin like Jeremiah Johnson, the Federal Government and it’s employees affect you one way or the other.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:31 PM

1,407 posts, read 1,013,416 times
It’s so much misinformation in this thread that I don’t know where to start. How many times does “essential vs. non-essential” has to be explained. It’s like a room full of idiots.

I am considered essential but I work for the DOD so we are funded. Non-essential employees are like HR, payroll, secretary, or maybe Motor pool. To put it in layman terms, you can run a car with oils but eventually it will come to a halt.

I design flood wall for a living. There is no way that this wall will be built quickly. I’ve seen landowners hold up something as simple as a Right Of Entry for years.

Old 01-04-2019, 08:37 PM

9,504 posts, read 10,879,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon55 View Post
Did someone tell Dotard even if the gov is shutdown Muellers work goes unimpeded.
“Dotard”..........a word first brought to our attention by Kim Jong Un. Kim is 10 times nuttier than Trump. Why are we emulating the North Korean murderous dictator?

Old 01-04-2019, 08:38 PM

38,931 posts, read 24,033,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
LOL!!!

You think that's why WWII was fought.

I completely understand why we live in the society we do full of brainwashed zombies.

If I have time one day I'll teach you some real history.

Amazing people are this clueless.
Um obviously you do not know of the appease Germany strategy of the League of Nations. Compare that to the United Nations which was far more effective in a number of cases. Also with the u.s. being out of the treaty writing due to the post Wilson isolationist views, Germany was treated far more harshly because they went war crazy. In light of this, the German economy entered a deep recession, which lead to the Nazis. World War 2 only happened when the League of Nations realized that Germany wouldn't be appeased through annexation.

U.S. involvement is a bit different, I was talking about the butterfly effect of the isolationism of post World War 1 effecting the treaty and the League of Nations. Nice insult though. Into the dustbin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies