Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 08:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,323,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Republicans have done no better. If all Trump could come up with is "what do you have to lose" and "the Democrats have done nothing for you", then it isn't enough. Trump has to do better than that. Truth is, alot of Democrats are no better. Both the Democrats and the Republicans put Black people last. It boils down to these two choices for Blacks:

1) A political party who puts you last, but will at least tell you what you want to hear and/or address what is important to you.

2) A political party who puts you last, flat out ignores you or when you are addressed, you are addressed in such a way that you're made to feel like a pest or a burden.

Okay, so the Democrats aren't doing enough. Republicans aren't doing any better.
Black folks actually have a lot to lose by riding on the Trump train. He can’t be trusted.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:50 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,545,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Republicans have done no better. If all Trump could come up with is "what do you have to lose" and "the Democrats have done nothing for you", then it isn't enough. Trump has to do better than that. Truth is, alot of Democrats are no better. Both the Democrats and the Republicans put Black people last. It boils down to these two choices for Blacks:

1) A political party who puts you last, but will at least tell you what you want to hear and/or address what is important to you.

2) A political party who puts you last, flat out ignores you or when you are addressed, you are addressed in such a way that you're made to feel like a pest or a burden.

Okay, so the Democrats aren't doing enough. Republicans aren't doing any better.
Criminal justice reform
Lowest black unemployment in decades
Urban project to help develop businesses in blsck areas.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:57 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,941,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wow, 20 pages of generally divisive racial garbage after one of the forums biggest racist decides to weigh in on how white people supposedly think.

Mission accomplished I suppose.
The topic is an output of an academic study.

I find it interesting, especially because I think people really do underestimate the difficulties of escaping poverty.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:04 PM

14,413 posts, read 22,569,973 times
I have a hard time sometimes seeing how black people have any less opportunities than white people nowadays. For example, at work, my manager is Black. She hires almost only black people. She clearly shows favoritism towards black coworker and employees. It's really obvious.
My husband works with successful black people. I guess....everybody I know who are black are good at what they do and make a good living. And they are not all born from well to do families.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:27 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,907,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense. The history of my people is absolutely unique in the Americas.

What other group had their social structure, language, culture, family names, history, and religion completely wiped out and replaced by white Americans? Name ‘em.
Uh...Native Americans. Their entire way of life was wiped out, blacks' way of life was not, it still exists in Africa.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Criminal justice reform
Lowest black unemployment in decades
Urban project to help develop businesses in blsck areas.
Criminal justice reform? Trump didn’t propose that.

Black employment? Trump has nothing to do with that.

Urban project? Whites live in urban areas just like blacks do. Urban doesn’t mean black. Most so called urban development benefits whites more than anything.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Uh...Native Americans. Their entire way of life was wiped out, blacks' way of life was not, it still exists in Africa.
Whites wiped out populations and ancestral lands of Indians. They didn’t take their languages, religion, names, culture, etc...Hell, whites nowadays are all running around claiming Indian blood.

As for African Americans, my surname isn’t African...sadly, it’s European. I don’t know what my religion is supposed to be, but I do know that it’s not supposed to be Christian. English is nice to know, but that’s not my people’s language.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:50 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,907,549 times
Quote:
Whites wiped out populations and ancestral lands of Indians. They didn’t take their languages, religion, names, culture, etc...Hell, whites nowadays are all running around claiming Indian blood.
And that is where you are wrong...

Not only were entire groups wiped out, but those who were wiped out were forced away from their lands, forced to not learn and participate in any of their traditions, language etc. There are numerous languages and traditions lost forever, entire groups do not exist anymore, many more groups exist no where close to where they are from.

Blacks however, are still in Africa, more than ever before. Feel free to return if you wish, seriously.

Quote:
As for African Americans, my surname isn’t African...sadly, it’s European. I don’t know what my religion is supposed to be, but I do know that it’s not supposed to be Christian. English is nice to know, but that’s not my people’s language.
Nothing keeps you from changing your name. Numerous people who came to the US, voluntarily and involuntarily, have had their name changed. Religion is a belief, has nothing to do with race, you either believe or do not, that simple. There are numerous Africans that are Christian, some of the oldest foundations of Christianity are in Africa.

You are welcome to go back to Africa, and no, that is not meant to be some insult or a "do not like it, leave it" thing. Some people fill better, more fulfilled internally when they are back among "their people" even if that means taking a hit in other areas of their life.

“Despite widespread misconceptions in the United States today that the institution of slavery was based on race, for most of the thousands of years in which slavery existed around the world, it was based on whoever was vulnerable to enslavement and within striking distance. Thus Europeans enslaved other Europeans, just as Asians enslaved other Asians and Africans enslaved other Africans, while Polynesians enslaved other Polynesians and the indigenous peoples of the Western Hemisphere enslaved other indigenous peoples of the Western Hemisphere. The very word “slave" derived from the word for Slavs, who were enslaved by fellow Europeans for centuries before Africans began to be brought in chains to the Western Hemisphere. Africans were not singled out by a race for ownership by Europeans, they were resorted to after the rise of nation-states with armies and navies in other parts of the world which reduced the number of places that could be raided for slaves without great costs and risks. Slave-raiding continued in Africa, primarily by Africans enslaving other Africans and then, in West Africa, selling some of their slaves to whites to take to the Western Hemisphere. Meanwhile, the growing range of ships and the growing wealth of nations eventually made economically feasible the transportation of vast numbers of slaves from one continent to another, creating racial differences between the enslaved and their owners as a dominant pattern in the Western Hemisphere. Such a pattern was by no means limited to Europeans owning non-Europeans, however. There were many examples of the reverse, quite aside from vast regions of the earth where neither the slaves nor their owners were either black or white.”

Thomas Sowell

Old 01-08-2019, 10:00 PM

25,901 posts, read 16,629,409 times
Why would you expect me to care about your plight? I sure as hell know you don’t care about mine!

Old 01-08-2019, 10:01 PM

25,901 posts, read 16,629,409 times
Quote:
Nonsense. The history of my people is absolutely unique in the Americas.

What other group had their social structure, language, culture, family names, history, and religion completely wiped out and replaced by white Americans? Name ‘em.
The Irish have sacrificed more and made a bigger impact and with far less whining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies