Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 08:53 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,946,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I forgot about this until I read it again in the NYT. WOW!

F.B.I. officials viewed their decision to move quickly as validated when a comment the president made to visiting Russian officials in the Oval Office shortly after he fired Mr. Comey was revealed days later.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to a document summarizing the meeting. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”
He's been a critic of the FBI for awhile. Not surprising they went after him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2019, 08:55 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,558,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
No, whether it's true or not it's a matter worth investigating.

I mean c'mon if all the collusion stuff is indeed true, would he be acting any different than he is? Destabilizing NATO. Backing out of Syria to leave it and Middle East influence to Russia and Iran. Praising totalitarians. Etc.
It is put up or go to prison time for these people at the FBI/DOJ, and perhaps some others as well.

It should come as no surprise that Rod Rosenstein is bailing out of this flaming wreck as it runs out of gas well short of the runway.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:55 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,946,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
No, whether it's true or not it's a matter worth investigating.

I mean c'mon if all the collusion stuff is indeed true, would he be acting any different than he is? Destabilizing NATO. Backing out of Syria to leave it and Middle East influence to Russia and Iran. Praising totalitarians. Etc.
All of the war mongering that you want him to do in your post is unConstitutional and it makes Americans less safe.
I will always support the Constitution over NATO.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:56 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,515,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You immediately discredit yourself with the "Individual 1" nonsense.

What you failed to mention this was done by Obama Administration hacks, and they found nothing.

The Russian Meme is dead. It's just deranged Democrats now.
Stop insulting others. There is no discredit except on your part.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:56 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,159,467 times
Our daily “trump is going down this time” thread.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:57 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,460,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Thank you Ms Butina.

Was this concern limited to agents 1-5 and attorney 2, or were others also "concerned"?

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...ll-whom-showed

Old 01-11-2019, 08:58 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,449,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He's been a critic of the FBI for awhile. Not surprising they went after him.
But not a critic of Putin and Russian, our foreign adversity? That's one of the many reasons the FBI went after him. Remember, they needed compelling evidence to open the investigation in the first place. Looks like it wasn't hard to find.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:59 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,746,316 times
I guess the NYT wrote this article based on the Lisa Paige testimony in open session. Their conclusions are a stretch, to say the least.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/transc...mpression=true

Old 01-11-2019, 09:02 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,460,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Stop insulting others. There is no discredit except on your part.
The Justice Department inspector general has referred five FBI employees for investigation in connection with politically charged texts, revealing in its report on the Hillary Clinton email case that more bureau officials than previously thought were exchanging anti-Trump messages.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ig-...sages-revealed

Old 01-11-2019, 09:06 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,449,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I guess the NYT wrote this article based on the Lisa Paige testimony in open session. Their conclusions are a stretch, to say the least.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/transc...mpression=true
Most of the evidence was based on Individual 1's actions. These are just a few. It really only takes common sense to see a pattern of manipulation, deception and lies towards the USA government and FBI in defense of Russia.

Mr. Trump had caught the attention of F.B.I. counterintelligence agents when he called on Russia during a campaign news conference in July 2016 to hack into the emails of his opponent, Hillary Clinton. Mr. Trump had refused to criticize Russia on the campaign trail, praising President Vladimir V. Putin. And investigators had watched with alarm as the Republican Party softened its convention platform on the Ukraine crisis in a way that seemed to benefit Russia.
Other factors fueled the F.B.I.’s concerns, according to the people familiar with the inquiry. Christopher Steele, a former British spy who worked as an F.B.I. informant, had compiled memos in mid-2016 containing unsubstantiated claims that Russian officials tried to obtain influence over Mr. Trump by preparing to blackmail and bribe him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/u...gtype=Homepage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies