Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 04:48 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,969,317 times

Advertisements

I said I was "Tired of women being portrayed as being stronger, faster, and better fighters" in the movie forum. 47 pages of attacks and accusations later........ "Men test ideas, women test men."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 05:27 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,063,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
And guys wonder why some of us women think men are becoming more feminized... Defending their manhood over a fictional movie plot. It used to be, “ my dad can beat up your dad, and now it’s my dad can beat up.... your mom. ��
Most “ men “ would laugh this thread off.. takes some special snowflakes to get their panties in a bunch over some nonsense like this.
It morphed from being about a "fictional movie plot" into a discussion about delusions (different than fiction) vs. reality. The fact that the discussion changed within the original run of the post does not negate the real world issues it brought up. It's like how "50 Shades of Grey" (a fictional story) became noteworthy and started a discussion about real world bedroom hi-jinks. That's just one example...there are many other fictional movies that have started a real world discussion. Yet, as typical when a woman can't handle the truth or change it to the way they want it to be (not what it is), there is an attempt to minimize it or somehow try to emasculate the males in the discussion.

Don't look now but your misandry is showing.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:49 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
It morphed from being about a "fictional movie plot" into a discussion about delusions (different than fiction) vs. reality. The fact that the discussion changed within the original run of the post does not negate the real world issues it brought up. It's like how "50 Shades of Grey" (a fictional story) became noteworthy and started a discussion about real world bedroom hi-jinks. That's just one example...there are many other fictional movies that have started a real world discussion. Yet, as typical when a woman can't handle the truth or change it to the way they want it to be (not what it is), there is an attempt to minimize it or somehow try to emasculate the males in the discussion.

Don't look now but your misandry is showing.
If misandry is not being onboard with weak men.... I’ll own the title. Some of you guys are emasculating yourselves.. with no help form us. Yes it went from a silly fictional movie plot to men in real life arguing that they can best a woman when it came to a physical confrontation. (Which by the way... I never denied and even stated in a previous post.) Yup... you can probably ( giving you the benefit of a doubt here) kick a girls a$$.. How manly of you! How awesome this makes you guys look in our eyes!

Old 01-22-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
If misandry is not being onboard with weak men.... I’ll own the title. Some of you guys are emasculating yourselves.. with no help form us. Yes it went from a silly fictional movie plot to men in real life arguing that they can best a woman when it came to a physical confrontation. (Which by the way... I never denied and even stated in a previous post.) Yup... you can probably ( giving you the benefit of a doubt here) kick a girls a$$.. How manly of you! How awesome this makes you guys look in our eyes!
It wasn't about that....it was (at least in my case) arguing the point with delusional women who were steadfast in arguing otherwise (and providing SUPPOSED real world examples) and buying into the BS that is being pushed about the capability of most women being able to hang with or hold their own against most men in a physical confrontation. One way upthread asked what was so wrong about young girls thinking (or being lead to believe by movie heroines) they can stand up and protect themselves.

That female poster was either too naive or deluded to understand that installing or reinforcing that idea in females could very possibly lead to a young girl (or one who continues to believe that as she matures) getting into a situation where she falsely believes (because of such delusional conditioning) that they should not fear or even accept a physical confrontation since "they're fully capable of protecting themselves from any guy"...thereby resulting in serious injury, rape or worse by such faulty beliefs.

You say you don't necessarily agree with that....good...at least you admit you know your place.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:04 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Yup, my place is with strong confident men who don’t feel they need to prove themselves with either other men... or women. I feel like some of you guys are usurping my privilege of being the softer weaker sex.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:20 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Well, I guess we'll find out if women are equal in urban warfare and hand to hand combat in our next war. They now can serve in the U.S. Army's infantry, armor, cavalry and in other Combat Arms units.

I know people are going to say that we are no longer fighting in the trenches like in World War One, but there will be times when you will have to "hold and defend" for whatever reason(s). In that case, once you're out of ammo and/or cut off from supplies and reinforcements, you will have to go back to the bayonet, entrenching tools, hammers, axes or anything else you can get your hands on to continue the fight.

This kind of fighting is seriously rough and MANY men simply cannot fight in those conditions or in any conditions at all since they do not have the instincts or the heart, so it will be interesting to see how women fair in true close quarter combat.

Personally, I'm fine with women being allowed into Direct Combat positions and I think it's time for them to be required to sign up for selective services once they turn 18... Which would only be fair and since we're in the 21st century now, it's only right as well.
I am all for women being allowed to do whatever also, provided men and women have the same requirements. But guess what, they do not. oh wait, the Army has now introduced a new PT test with the same requirements, of course they made the minimum passing requirement actually easier than the previous men's requirement, lol.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Yup, my place is with strong confident men who don’t feel they need to prove themselves with either other men... or women. I feel like some of you guys are usurping my privilege of being the softer weaker sex.
You've described me to a T!! LOL

Getting into a discussion or expressing counter opinions in an anonymous web forum about this issue (or any other) doesn't mean one is trying to "prove themselves"...just offering an opposing view that others may or may not agree with....absent that you have "groupthink" (something going on today in MANY areas and educational systems....but that's another long issue too involved to get into here). Although there seems to be attempts to eradicate it, conflict is GOOD....without it, you have no altering views or opinions which can broaden views and/or serve as a check on erroneous or absurd statements or beliefs.

And, I'd never attempt to deny you such privilege as you state....but at least YOU acknowledge it!!...That's the difference between you and many of the other women chiming in here - you're rational & sensible (as well as extremely attractive....I saw your profile pic...HOT!...What?...I say what I feel, damn the PC world!!)

Old 01-23-2019, 06:32 AM

4,034 posts, read 2,720,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Or the Star Wars series, where now not only is the new Jedi and apparently every admiral that the the good guys have female, but the men are ALL buffoons, hot-heads, cowards, or dinosaurs. Great Disney, we get the message. Men are the past. Good job. Fortunately, the movies are garbage for enterainment value, so I don't have to hang around and find out how the next one turns out.
I'm guessing you missed that in the original first "Star Wars" movie, Leia hijacked and took over her rescue because Han and Luke got themselves cornered with no backup plan? "This is some rescue--didn't you have a plan for getting out?" Granted, it didn't go much better from there (the garbage compactor), but that first movie didn't elevate Han and Luke just because they were men (Luke was well-meaning but naive, Han was more street-smart but in it for the money), nor was Leia diminished just for being a woman (she withstood torture, and upon being rescued, dove right in with shooting at the bad guys instead of playing the damsel in distress).

Old 01-23-2019, 06:48 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,434,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I'm guessing you missed that in the original first "Star Wars" movie, Leia hijacked and took over her rescue because Han and Luke got themselves cornered with no backup plan? "This is some rescue--didn't you have a plan for getting out?" Granted, it didn't go much better from there (the garbage compactor), but that first movie didn't elevate Han and Luke just because they were men (Luke was well-meaning but naive, Han was more street-smart but in it for the money), nor was Leia diminished just for being a woman (she withstood torture, and upon being rescued, dove right in with shooting at the bad guys instead of playing the damsel in distress).
Yeah, but by the third film, she was Jabba the Hut's play thing......... We never did find out what she and Jabba had been up to, before she was rescued.......

Old 01-23-2019, 12:43 PM

29,552 posts, read 9,737,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Apparently not so dumb as to exclude you from participating in it.

If you actually believed what you said, would you have really posted as much as you have in this thread? Or are you just trying to be manipulative and to silence this discussion, since it is one that people who think like you believe is not "Politically correct"?
Good question!

I often wonder why I comment in threads so full of comments expressing backward thinking...

I think I'm curious to see if no one else notices the same thing.

Also. I'm a big fan of the movies...

Last edited by LearnMe; 01-23-2019 at 12:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies