Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 07:54 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,899 times

Advertisements

Why is Hollywood obsessed with portraying women as being able to easily kick the arse of every guy they meet. It is ridiculous. Simply ridiculous. It was interesting the first time or two that I seen it. Now it is the rule.

I was a second tier athlete in high school. Yet when I played basketball or tennis against our best female athletes, the domination was absolute.

This is usually closer to what to expect if a guy fights back: https://i.imgur.com/KiqVxkz.gifv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 08:08 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
I think the thing is that they make it so women can be capable fighters. Some women can in fact hang in there with men. This can be a skill thing or a thinking it out and using brain over brawn. Just my thought...

Old 01-13-2019, 08:09 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Why is Hollywood obsessed with portraying women as being able to easily kick the arse of every guy they meet. It is ridiculous. Simply ridiculous. It was interesting the first time or two that I seen it. Now it is the rule.

I was a second tier athlete in high school. Yet when I played basketball or tennis against our best female athletes, the domination was absolute.

This is usually closer to what to expect if a guy fights back: https://i.imgur.com/KiqVxkz.gifv
'
Why, do you feel threatened?

Old 01-13-2019, 08:15 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Lol... the cop had to have two other cops holding her before he had the balls to sucker punch her.
Guess we’ll never know if he could have kicked her a$$ ...one on one.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:18 PM

3,680 posts, read 2,966,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
'
Why, do you feel threatened?
I don't know. I won my weight class after wrestling once. Everybody else was sick the day of the match. So my skills are, more or less, unproven. And I did lose to my schools undefeated heavyweight.

Best ever dead lift was 405 three times. I'm pretty sure the average woman could do that with one hand after watching the past few years worth of movies.

Gadzooks, this is the movie forum. What did I expect?

Old 01-13-2019, 09:22 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
I don't know. I won my weight class after wrestling once. Everybody else was sick the day of the match. So my skills are, more or less, unproven. And I did lose to my schools undefeated heavyweight.

Best ever dead lift was 405 three times. I'm pretty sure the average woman could do that with one hand after watching the past few years worth of movies.

Gadzooks, this is the movie forum. What did I expect?
Go out and kick some girl butt and get your mojo back.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:10 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,121,936 times
I am absolutely getting sick of it and I love old and new iconic lady fighters such as Princes Leia, Ellen Riply, Xena, Agent Scully, Elektra and Jessica Jones from Marvel comics and the Netflicks Marvel series, and Michone from the Walking dead.

But is is getting absurd. Look at Carol from the Walking Dead--they routinely portray a middle aged, very upper middle-aged woman at this point, besting sometime huge men in hand-to-hand combat. It is idioic at best.

Or the Star Wars series, where now not only is the new Jedi and apparently every admiral that the the good guys have female, but the men are ALL buffoons, hot-heads, cowards, or dinosaurs. Great Disney, we get the message. Men are the past. Good job. Fortunately, the movies are garbage for enterainment value, so I don't have to hang around and find out how the next one turns out.

Now I understand that the marvel Universe is about to be saved by Captain Marvel, although the character is NOT Captain Marvel, but Ms. Marvel, who, for no reason but a vagina, has been given Silver-Surfer-like power. Some of us remember the REAL Captain Mar-vell, and it might have been nice for him to make an appearance. He was a very special character who died a dignified death. Would have been nice for him to have been remembered in this new medium.

You can pretty much say that I have had enough.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:15 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
It is Virtue Signaling that women can be better than men in every way, even physically. It is absolutely RIDICULOUS. I understand that movies are entertainment, and don't have to be realistic, but c'mon.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:20 PM

11,638 posts, read 12,709,490 times
I'm over it too. Bad enough when they have a stick figure of a little girl knocking out a 250 lb dude, but ok she's got "special training." Now, it's regular ladies. It's just an over compensation, like everything else these days, for when they portrayed the girl standing around doing nothing watching the guys beat each other's brains out or when there was a lull, she'd pick up a flowerpot, hitting the bad guy over the head and he went down cold. Of course, he never died, just fell down unconscious, lol.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:57 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
What would one expect? It is Hollywood after all. There are a few of them I've tolerated and even enjoyed but yeah.. they've made it ridiculous. But, it's not just with women. It's with every group that Hollywood feels has been oppressed or whatever. Most of the time I don't even watch those types of movies. I did see one recently with Jennifer Garner and I did enjoy it and for a while it was even believable but then it got absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies