Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 01:13 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,357,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
"innocent kids", lol.
The kids may well have had their own political views (which probably differ from mine) but that's not really the issue. Or that a few kids threw tomahawk chops. There were three groups that one way or other (rhetoric, chanting, MAGA hats) represented some political or cultural movement. They were peaceful. It was fine.

I did flip thru a few of the thread posts to see a poster upset about the kids being exposed to rhetoric, saying he/she would have taken them on for harassing children. That I disagree with. Maybe they weren't 18 but their chaperones had them on the mall for a demonstration where there were other ongoing demonstrations. Encounters are inevitable. The kids were mature enough not to play the "child" card. Maybe not all demonstrated the respect that might be called for at a musical performance - but what Phillips was up to was less a performance but more an interaction of sorts.

As far as I could tell most of the kids seemed to enjoy it with some not sure what to make of the drumming. As for Sandmann's expressions, at some point his thoughts are his business. I don't buy the lawsuit rhetoric that he was being harassed. Everybody was bunched together; there was no reason for Sandmann not to turn away.

Regardless, nothing really happened so no need for others to overlay their interpretations - which admittedly the truncated video DID, and which led to the brouhaha. It's a big world out there so it's a plus that kids get to see and hear and feel the vibes of it. That it had to turn so political is a shame - and there WaPo appears to bear some responsibility.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:51 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,077,897 times
No, it is a civil matter. Can't think of any civil case ever getting to Supreme Court.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Just a thought. I wonder if eventually this may get to the supreme court?

Old 02-22-2019, 02:11 PM

255 posts, read 69,872 times
That knucklehead with that drum was the instigator although he had plenty of accomplices, and the media got it wrong AGAIN!!!!!

He must have been one of Obama's hordes of 'community organizers' executing another one of the Obamaminable One's very divisive policies---the 'in your face' gambit, and looking to cause trouble.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:20 PM

45,551 posts, read 60,783,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
No, it is a civil matter. Can't think of any civil case ever getting to Supreme Court.
A lot of civil cases make it to the Supreme Court. They have to deal with Constitutional issues. Brown v. Board of Education was a civil case.

So was Kelo v. New London.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:27 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,028,476 times
Quote:
"innocent kids", lol.
so.... are we to believe you were this seasoned expert about how to protect yourself at 15?

Old 02-22-2019, 04:30 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,028,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
All you are accomplishing is increasing your post count.
Trolling post count...……...

Old 02-22-2019, 05:32 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,712,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
so.... are we to believe you were this seasoned expert about how to protect yourself at 15?

Yes, see my parents knew not to send me to Washington to protest something I know nothing about. They knew that to attend a rally /protest of that nature would be nothing but trouble .Why didn't the Covington parents School administrators or the Chaperons and if the "children were in danger" as others claim why did no one call 911 ?Plenty of cell phone footage but not one person called 911 .

See, at 15 I knew if someone walks up and gets into my face I was to walk away and turn the other cheek that's what my religion teaches anyway.If they guy or group follow me I would call the Police so yeah I knew how to protect myself ,my parents taught me to be aware of my surroundings and how to behave ,to bad the Covington parents didn't do that.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:36 PM

19,860 posts, read 12,149,311 times
Quote:
Yes, see my parents knew not to send me to Washington to protest something I know nothing about. They knew that to attend a rally /protest of that nature would be nothing but trouble .Why didn't the Covington parents School administrators or the Chaperons and if the "children were in danger" as others claim why did no one call 911 ?Plenty of cell phone footage but not one person called 911 .

See, at 15 I knew if someone walks up and gets into my face I was to walk away and turn the other cheek that's what my religion teaches anyway.If they guy or group follow me I would call the Police so yeah I knew how to protect myself ,my parents taught me to be aware of my surroundings and how to behave ,to bad the Covington parents didn't do that.

The only danger was when the agitator from the NA group posted an edited video online and got WaPo to pick it up and run with the false narrative.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:38 PM

18,063 posts, read 27,520,292 times
Quote:

Let's take it to trial.

I'd love to see that one. See if a Kentucky jury sees this like y'all.

Heck, I'll be his attorney myself. How long does it take to pass that bar?

Old 02-22-2019, 05:39 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,712,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Let's take it to trial.

I'd love to see that one. See if a Kentucky jury sees this like y'all.

Heck, I'll be his attorney myself. How long does it take to pass that bar?
No way in hell this is held in Kentucky .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies