Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:47 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
well that depends on the intent of the aggressor,it also depends on person's value on life over freedom.Some people think that life without freedom isn't living much at all.

And on another fact,if the intent is just eliminate bombs and explosives can do mass damage but it won't eliminate everybody.To do that it must be done with "boots on the ground".

Case in point,on the hunt for Bin Ladin,we blow up camps and caves but that doesn't mean we got them.
Sooner or later, he'll have to be where we bomb...of course, we might get a few dozen "non-targets" but what's a little "collateral damage" where our government is concerned?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You haven't met my mom.

It's not about a single guy with a gun stopping a tyrannical government; it's about tens of millions of guys with guns stopping a tyrannical government...

He's just another gun grabber who can't see outside his own life, Greatday. Since HE lives in a big city, EVERYONE must live in a big city. Since the police can be at HIS house within five minutes (which is far too long in many cases, but he doesn't understand that), then the police can be at ANYONE'S house within five minutes.

People like that just don't "get it" and never will. They have no concept of a rural lifestyle, and they firmly believe that violent crime is an anomaly, which will "never happen to them." They believe themselves to be enlightened and far wiser than those who disagree with them. They know they're right, so if you disagree, you're simply not as intelligent as they are, and you deserve to be looked down upon.

It's funny and sad at the same time.
well you know I agree with you,just want to note that most of my life I have been a suburban-city dweller but I still know better.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:

He's just another gun grabber who can't see outside his own life, Greatday. Since HE lives in a big city, EVERYONE must live in a big city. Since the police can be at HIS house within five minutes (which is far too long in many cases, but he doesn't understand that), then the police can be at ANYONE'S house within five minutes.

People like that just don't "get it" and never will. They have no concept of a rural lifestyle, and they firmly believe that violent crime is an anomaly, which will "never happen to them." They believe themselves to be enlightened and far wiser than those who disagree with them. They know they're right, so if you disagree, you're simply not as intelligent as they are, and you deserve to be looked down upon.

It's funny and sad at the same time.
Actually, when I've STOPPED a burglar at my own house, I never contacted the police...I handled it myself. I stopped him. I tripped him up and put him in a headlock and CONVINCED him to leave my home. And oddly, he never came back! Not with friends, not with guns...and he certainly wasn't going to try it on his own again!

Old 04-10-2008, 11:59 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Yay for TK! He's such as tough guy!

So, you gonna teach my frail, 5'1" tall, 64 year old mother how to defend herself without a weapon? I notice that you conveniently ignored that part of my post.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:07 PM

Quote:

So, you gonna teach my frail, 5'1" tall, 64 year old mother how to defend herself without a weapon? I notice that you conveniently ignored that part of my post.
Maybe she doesn't need to continue living...when I get old and frail, I certainly won't burden society with MY existence.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:

Actually - he now has indicated your mother should be dead - nice "guy" isn't he?

Old 04-10-2008, 01:22 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Maybe she doesn't need to continue living...when I get old and frail, I certainly won't burden society with MY existence.
Good for you. Drop me a line when you're about to off yourself - I'll get the others in this thread together and we'll throw a party to celebrate.

In the meantime, are you going to answer the question? How are the elderly or infirm supposed to fend off an attacker without a weapon? It's a simple question, and if you're going to maintain your position on guns as a means of self defense, one you must answer. If you're unable to provide a reasonable answer to this simple question, then your position is invalid.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Good for you. Drop me a line when you're about to off yourself - I'll get the others in this thread together and we'll throw a party to celebrate.

In the meantime, are you going to answer the question? How are the elderly or infirm supposed to fend off an attacker without a weapon? It's a simple question, and if you're going to maintain your position on guns as a means of self defense, one you must answer. If you're unable to provide a reasonable answer to this simple question, then your position is invalid.
Survival of the fittest. If you're not fit, you don't survive. That's perfectly reasonable...and "natural". Look to the animal kingdom. Only the strong survive.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
If you're unable to provide a reasonable answer to this simple question, then your position is invalid.
He was unable to answer even your simple question -

I agree - his position is invalid

Old 04-10-2008, 01:29 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,194,634 times
Just a quick note to remind folks that the topic is...

Why should guns be legal?

Lets not let this get too personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies