Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 03:02 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Here's another reason why. WaPo is a lying rag. Yet some here, mostly the Orange Man Bad types (see above) still defend them. -^

It Gets Worse: Far Left Activist Nathan Phillips Told Reporters He Served in Vietnam in 1976 — US Withdrew in 1973!
The Washington Post has had to issue yet another retraction after falsely claiming that far-left Native American activist Nathan Phillips served in the Vietnam War. He didn’t — but this lie was previously used to help raise money for a documentary about his life.
I don't know how many others are like me? But it is not just the left wing news that I no longer watch; I stopped watching all of their programs including ones that I used to like. I don't watch the Oscars or any movie that has to add it's two cent's worth of left wing propaganda. I used to like Dr. Who on the BBC and turned away from watching the series because I felt like it was lecturing me like a school kid - I want entertainment and not lectures!

Some might call this a boycott? What I am doing is saying enough is enough; you are not getting my patronage/support because demand unbiased entertainment!

In the meantime I hope there are others that have tuned out or turned off! I hope the Neilson ratings take them into negative territory; I'm not buying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 03:17 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,013,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Can you give an example of lying by the NY Times?
Here is one example for you from the thread about the lying Der Spiegel writer:

Quote:
I ran across another story in this vein from Fear by Bob Woodward.

In Feb, 2017, several intel officials came to see then-chief of staff Reince Priebus to brief him on standard cautions re his security clearance. After the meeting, Deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe asks for 5 minutes alone in Priebus's office. Priebus thinks to himself, "What the hell is this?" They enter the office, and McCabe closes the door. "This is very weird," thinks Priebus.

McCabe wants to talk about a Feb 14 NYT story entitled "Trump campaign aides had repeated contacts with Russian intelligence."
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...ons-trump.html

"It's total bull[expletive]. It's not true, and we want you to know that...." McCabe tells Priebus. "Can you help me?" Priebus asks. "Could this knockdown of the story be made public?" McCabe says he'll ask around and see what can be done. Later he responds that nothing can be done. If the FBI gets into the business of correcting news stories, they'll be issuing statements every three days.

Hmmm, that many inaccurate stories floating around out there????

Old 01-22-2019, 03:20 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,515,458 times
What do you consider to be the non mainstream media? Do you fear only getting one side of the story if you only listen to Fox or Alex Jones?

In life, aren't there always multiple sides to every issue?

Old 01-22-2019, 03:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
This is from Disney. Owns ABC News & ESPN

It gets worse and worse. Disney was forced to apologize for this.

Shows Covington kids being thrown into a wood chipper. Morrison later deleted the tweet and gave a half assed apology. Saying he hadn't the "time" to look into what really happened.

https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/st...16956083351552

Old 01-22-2019, 03:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Rupert Murdoch is Australian.Gotta love the fake news deniers.
Easy error to make. He has homes and kids in the UK, along with a wife.

If errors count, everything out of the president is fake news, so it is rather absurd to claim "fake news" because someone made an error (Australia also is part of the British Commonwealth).

Murdoch hasn't lived in Australia for decades, renounced his citizenship and became an American citizen after moving to NYC so he could buy lots of American stuff. So he's actually an American--an immigrant.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:30 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,899,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
NPCs trust Fox News even though it is owned by a man from England, and 30% of its shares are owned by Saudi Arabia.

I don't trust "liberal/free" or any media because it is hard for the rich to be truly liberal and to be upstanding. They will always push their interests. Liberalism and Truth might be one of them sometimes, but most of the time it will be Sensationalism and Mercantilism.
Bingo it's all about sensationalism no matter who's in the White House.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:32 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,899,677 times
Quote:
The left-wing social media warriors were advocating punching these kids in the face.
A female Saturday Night Live writer even promised to " blow " anyone who did so.
A bucket of horse sh!te is small beer in comparison.
How are they the "media"? There's always going to be outrageous suggestions, and opinions. Just like there was some idiot whi wrote earlier that they'd throw horse manure at NYT or attack them with dogs.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
I don't.
It's riven with liars,charlatans and peddlers of false truths.
If a reporter from CNN/NYT came to my door tonight I'd set the dogs on them,just after throwing a bucket of sloppy horse manure over them.

Trumplings....

Ordered to hate the media, they obediently comply.

Make America hate again.

Old 01-22-2019, 03:35 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
The left-wing social media warriors were advocating punching these kids in the face.
A female Saturday Night Live writer even promised to " blow " anyone who did so.
A bucket of horse sh!te is small beer in comparison.
I lean left but would never advocate any of those things. If a conservative media person came to my door I would simply ask him/her to leave. So, why are YOU so quick to advocate violence?

Old 01-22-2019, 03:45 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,076 times
No I don't trust the liberal media one bit. I watched Trumps first SOTU and listened very carefully(some things he proposed I did not agree with), yet immediately afterwards the liberal leaning media started spinning things by act of omission.
Sadly, I have seen far more emotional rage and violence from the liberal party than I ever have from either side in my lifetime.

Fox is almost just as bad leaning conservative, and I actually find it really hard to get some unbiased news anymore. I think the last article I read on a situation that was the most neutral and unbiased was from UK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies