Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 03:27 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Or, better yet, discouraging them from trying to come here in the first instance by removing the incentive for them to do so for a tiny fraction of the cost of the wall...
Yes. Nearly forgot. e-Verify. I want people fine and/or jailed for hiring individuals without documentation to pass e-Verify.

This would seriously reduce border crossings.

And it is cheaper than a wall.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:31 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Although I am no fan of President Trump, I actually thought that his offer of DACA extension for wall funding was a reasonable compromise.
He promised something he can do nothing about. He might as well "promise" to extend the legality of automobiles for 5 years, and ignore the fact that autos were going to be legal with, or without his "promise".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 03:38 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Yes. Nearly forgot. e-Verify. I want people fine and/or jailed for hiring individuals without documentation to pass e-Verify.

This would seriously reduce border crossings.

And it is cheaper than a wall.
i am all for everify as well but to think people will all of a sudden stop coming here is crazy. a barrier is still needed. you'll still get the people who aren't willing to work trying to cross.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:55 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
i am all for everify as well but to think people will all of a sudden stop coming here is crazy. a barrier is still needed. you'll still get the people who aren't willing to work trying to cross.
You think a wall is all of a sudden stop people from coming here? I hate to break it to you, the wall will only affect a fraction of illegal immigrants and will take at least 15 years to be built when all is said and done. They are still litigating eminent domain cases from the Secure Fence Act 13 years later...

Old 01-23-2019, 04:28 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I always find it hilarious when you people calling Trump idiot.

That idiot is a billionaire and won the election against 98.3% odds. If he’s an idiot, what about you?
I find it pathetic that you people don't even dispute the massive lying the ignoramus employs like most people employ breathing air. Oh, and that bs about being a billionaire is also a lie, but as long as his fans are impressed, that's all that matters.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:40 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Which still makes 0 sense.
It never does!

Old 01-23-2019, 07:51 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

The billionaire thing? He'll need to prove it for me to believe it.

There is multiple estimations for this but his net worth based on tangible assets minus liabilities is around 2.7 billion. There is good outline of it here. For example click Trump Tower. It gives you the overall value, bebt and the net worth for Trump.

https://www.forbes.com/donald-trump/#60a06e428992

Old 01-23-2019, 07:55 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Oh, and that bs about being a billionaire is also a lie,

His NYC real estate assets by themselves are worth about 1.5 billion and that includes adjustment for liability.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:31 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,989,217 times
It has to be a wall because it's a visible structure he can slap his name on. "I" built this wall. Emperor Zero wants his own Lincoln Memorial. Washington Monument. Something visible as a rememberance of him.

History will already remember this ***kery. We don't need a wall for that

Walls can come down...Jericho anyone? Berlin anyone?

Old 01-23-2019, 08:56 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Won't work. Strategic barriers and checkpoints would be at least components of a "wall." Which the Democrats don't want the Republicans getting, because Trump will latch onto those elements and claim victory. Pelosi is already on record as "no wall," so her victory condition precludes any victory on the Trump side. Which paints the Democrats into a corner as to what they can offer as much as Trump's insistance on a physical barrier he can refer to as a "wall" paints Republicans into a corner. Essentially the way each side has the lines currently drawn it's an either-or proposition. Except either-or is turning into "none of the above."

We might be better off if no one "wins."
Yep and we call this leadership
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies