Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2019, 02:02 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Dude View Post
Hey, buddy. If you want to pay the price for all of the guys in prison right now along with all of the mothers living without fathers because good ole dad got killed in a gunfight or arrested on the streets trying to sell crack, then you go right ahead. I will leave that burden to you.

Personally, I don't want these people having kids. But if you do, then YOU pay for it. I don't wan't it coming out of my tax contributions, thx.
Forced vasectomies for criminals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 02:23 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Do you mean by birth control, or counselling women to prevent termination?
They offer birth control same as any private OB/GYN in the USA does. You are in Brisbane, I don't know how it is there, but in the USA we have zillions of fake clinics that lure women in under the belief that they can get inexpensive birth control and then they turn the tables. Many of these clinics do not have doctors on staff at all. Some of them pose as abortion providers. PP is what it is. If one goes to a PP with an unexpected pregnancy PP will help them. Abortion is available. But they will also help a woman find outside help with keeping the pregnancy. I don't understand why people people don't know this.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
But they will also help a woman find outside help with keeping the pregnancy. I don't understand why people people don't know this.
I guess for many people, hearing so many videos like this leads to questioning whether that is true.
https://www.liveaction.org/news/new-...d-is-abortion/

There are so many similar videos available. But granted they may call many many to get these isolated examples.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:24 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
I guess for many people, hearing so many videos like this leads to questioning whether that is true.
https://www.liveaction.org/news/new-...d-is-abortion/

There are so many similar videos available. But granted they may call many many to get these isolated examples.
Because it is not an adoption agency. The same way that my, or any private primary care physician, is not an adoption agency. My PCP is also not an OB/GYN. If I were still in my fertile years and became pregnant, she would hand me off to an OB/GYN. If it was an unwanted pregnancy then OB/GYN would not be handling any adoption procedures.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Because it is not an adoption agency. The same way that my, or any private primary care physician, is not an adoption agency. My PCP is also not an OB/GYN. If I were still in my fertile years and became pregnant, she would hand me off to an OB/GYN. If it was an unwanted pregnancy then OB/GYN would not be handling any adoption procedures.
Oh for sure. It's just that you said that PP will help people find outside help when wanting to keep the baby. And that you don't know why people don't know that. I was just offering a reason why some people may not know that.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:01 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't understand what you are referring to. Are you asking me why I'm pro choice before 24 weeks? Why I'm not up in arms when a woman makes the choice after 24 weeks in the case of death or severe abnormalities of the fetus? I'd actually put it more at 20 weeks for her own reasons.
Babies are being aborted because women don't want to be bothered with them. They are being aborted because boyfriends won't stay if she is pregnant with his child. So many reasons having nothing to so with the health of the mother (which can be if she is stressed for having to birth her baby) or abnormality (which can be abused for a lot of reasons) of the baby.

And as for familial reasons, how slippery a slope is that??? It's sickening how the leftist lawyers will create mumbo jumbo double speak that they know the general public is not familiar with to deceive them into believing their intentions are innocent and compassionate.

WOE unto you lawyers!

Leftists just point out the worst case scenario to try and manipulate a pro lifer into feeling guilty for being pro life and wanting the killing of babies to stop.

They never want to discuss the fact that millions of babies are killed for unnecessary reasons and their body parts are pulled off one by one. My God people, a dog gets more humane treatment.

The case of life of the mother and/or deformity of the baby is the exception.

The case for abortion is a cold,heartless, selfish one except in very rare circumstances in which some mothers make that hard decision in which their baby loses it's life regardless of how much some want to say it isn't a baby.

Either the mother aborting her baby feels badly about it because it's her baby she is losing, or it's a bunch of cells and she can abort it without any feeling or compassion towards it.

Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:36 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So you quite strongly feel a non-viable newborn must suffer terrible pain and suffering in its final hours of life until it finally gives up. Anti pain medication may not work well. So much for being vehemently against abortion because the fetus might feel the pain of it.
Not to mention the fact that most anti-abortionist people also believe that God will eternally torment massive numbers of unsaved souls in literal hell-fire for all eternity. So let's bring more souls into the world and let them risk that? Unreal. I do not believe God is obsessed with termination of pregnancy. I believe he is more concerned with child abuse, child sex trafficking, and the number of pedophiles roaming the earth. Most hard care anti-abortionist want to force, even rape victims, even pre-teen rape victims to carry a baby to term. No thanks. That is why Roe vs. Wade was settled long ago. How about spending you time helping people who are already born!

Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well that's not true. The law says for any reason on any baby. The woman's health can mean anything. She just needs to say she isn't mentally ready.
And so you believe that there are mothers just lining up to have late-term abortions because after almost a year of pregnancy, they suddenly decide that they don't want a baby, and they do want to kill it. Women are monsters, eh? And there are so many doctors who will kill a healthy baby? Right?

The logic of your position is beyond stupid.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Wow, this is the most egregiously incorrect interpretation of the law I've seen. Is it that you simply haven't bothered to read it ? When you find out the extent of your error, will you acknowledge that allowing for killing full term healthy babies is a bad thing?
READ the law. Because clearly you haven't.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Oh dear, another pro-death proponent who doesn't know the meaning of the word "or". You are right, it cannot be any clearer, but one needs elementary literacy standards to have a valid discussion.

The viability or health of the unborn baby is irrelevant to the second leg of the law, the bit that comes after the word "or" that you don't seem to understand.

Do you think it is ok to kill a full term baby for non life threatening reasons for the mother as determined by an abortion practioner - not even a Dr required.
Those third-term abortions, why would a doctor even be needed???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies