Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:52 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
She's a work in progress. People complain about the lumps in Congress who do absolutely nothing and they complain about the more energetic, outspoken members. Can't make anyone happy. If she were a young man, she'd be seen as a go-getter. It takes all types of personalities to make a successful government and she happens to have a lot of passion.

I don't think so.

She says a lot of stupid things often - she BSes nonstop. I think being a female minority liberal has shielded her from the kind of blow back she would have gotten had she been a white male conservative saying the same amount of BS.

I hope she is a work in progress and learns to not speak about topics she has no clue on and to prepare better for topics she is planning on talking about so she wouldn't come off as an ignoramus as much as she does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 05:49 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You are aware 99.9% of what she proposes will not even get out of committee.
They don’t want it discussed, or else the policies themselves may come to fruition one day. They need to control the narrative.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:52 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I don't think so.

She says a lot of stupid things often - she BSes nonstop. I think being a female minority liberal has shielded her from the kind of blow back she would have gotten had she been a white male conservative saying the same amount of BS.

I hope she is a work in progress and learns to not speak about topics she has no clue on and to prepare better for topics she is planning on talking about so she wouldn't come off as an ignoramus as much as she does.
She’s just challenging trump in the race for who can lie more.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:20 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
She’s just challenging trump in the race for who can lie more.

Kind of.

Look at the hypocrisy on both sides.

Too many Democrats who have insisted on the importance of truth and accuracy to disparage Trump are now cheering AOC the BSer on! Fact is, they don't care about truth and accuracy so long as it doesn't get in the way of their party.

Too many Trump supporters that make excuses for Trump's BS are now upset by AOC's continuous stream of BS. Fact is, they don't care about truth and accuracy so long as it doesn't get in the way of their party.

You compare her to Trump, which is reasonable - in some ways Trump and AOC are opposite sides of the same coin. However, Trump's media coverage is 90% negative based on studies...hers seems to be mostly positive. Hence she is benefiting from being a liberal female minority...if she didn't check the "right identity boxes" for the media or if she was a Trump supporter - she would be called out continuously for the fool she is by the MSM and she is a fool.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:30 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
Not sure if this is the media's fault or perhaps she is just a bit much. But while I respect her viewpoints and agree with several things she stands for, I find her overexposure a bit much.

She is brand new but is acting like she has been a DC staple for decades. Shut up, get in there, do your job, get some experience and then we can talk. The media really needs to back off too.
People with money and power are backing her...she's the new mouthpiece of the Left in the USA...you need to embrace everything she's saying or you're a racist misogynist bigot that needs to be Final Solutioned.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:31 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,438,068 times
Quote:
Kind of.

Look at the hypocrisy on both sides.

Too many Democrats who have insisted on the importance of truth and accuracy to disparage Trump are now cheering AOC the BSer on! Fact is, they don't care about truth and accuracy so long as it doesn't get in the way of their party.

Too many Trump supporters that make excuses for Trump's BS are now upset by AOC's continuous stream of BS. Fact is, they don't care about truth and accuracy so long as it doesn't get in the way of their party.

You compare her to Trump, which is reasonable - in some ways Trump and AOC are opposite sides of the same coin. However, Trump's media coverage is 90% negative based on studies...hers seems to be mostly positive. Hence she is benefiting from being a liberal female minority...if she didn't check the "right identity boxes" for the media or if she was a Trump supporter - she would be called out continuously for the fool she is by the MSM and she is a fool.
“Both sides”

Yes, but not like that. Trump and Adam Schiff are the two bad sides of the coin.

AOC is one of the few good people.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I don't really care about her, tbh. I notice the media shoves her down our throats, but besides that, meh, she just...says things without thinking first. It's her biggest issue she should work on.

But she's spunky and cute, and Dems need that kinda energy. But her views are quite TOO far left for me. (heard she mentioned something about billionaires should be banned or some ish.)
How does the media "shove" anything down "our throats"?

Don't your electronics have power switches? Remotes? Browsers that cover the entire internet?

Nothing is shoved down anyone's throat by the media. You choose to read, watch and absorb the news. It is your choice and your decision. Nobody is a victim of reading.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:33 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
People with money and power are backing her...she's the new mouthpiece of the Left in the USA...you need to embrace everything she's saying or you're a racist misogynist bigot that needs to be Final Solutioned.

BS.. She has pledged not to take PAC or corporate money.
She and the other 20+ Justice Democrats elected this year are only taking individual contributions.
These are effectively Bernie Sanders caucus.. as everybody was inspired by him and ran because of him.

Look it up!

Old 01-25-2019, 08:38 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
I don't think so.

She embarrasses herself every time she speaks. That interview with Cooper was just amazing. The part where she's basically saying that it's ok if she has the facts wrong and how the media is harping on that unfairly too much but because she's got the moral high ground it's ok and that is what really matters.

No, the detail matter, indeed.

Not to mention she sounds like a fool with her speech patterns along with using words such as "like" too much. I know that probably sounds petty but in her position to be taken seriously you have to sound like you aren't a HS teenager.

As was mentioned early she ticks off two boxes on the leftists beloved identity politics Oppression Olympics is probably why the dems and others haven't shredded her accordingly.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:43 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
I don't think so.

^^^^This. I hope she stays just the way she is, as she is the gift that keeps on giving. If she really is a rising star in the Democrat Party, then that can only help the Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies